• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2008
    Thor, I live in Belgium.

It's far from as green as The Netherlands, or as cosy (though, our old cities are great!). We don't have much nature. I live in one of the most air poluted regions of Europe as well. Also one of the more rasistic regions as wel. And a lot of people hate each other here too. slant
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2008 edited
    Oops....my bad. I have actually never been to Belgium, although we've driven through it on our way to France. But that doesn't qualify. My foot has never physically touched Belgian ground. smile

Oh well, it's on my to-do list.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2008
    Where do you live again? Oslo?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2008
    If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Either Austria or Canada for me!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote

Asgaard I thought? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Anthony wrote

Great Britain, without the least of doubt.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote

Interesting choices.

I'd like to know why?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Anthony wrote

Great Britain, without the least of doubt.

Same as Ant, why?

Personally I'd go for California, San Francisco in particular because of it's location to all the great National Parks all within half a days driving distance, Redwoods, Yosemite etc.

I would miss "proper" pubs though! wink So maybe New Zealand would be better? They drive on the same side of the road and have REAL pubs as well as Australian style bars. Christchurch would suit me fine with great access to magnificent scenery. cool
  2. Well, I love the countryside, the rolling hills, the lakes, the mountains (north), the people, the cities... it´s just a certain kind of atmosphere that´s totally different from home. We certainly have some great places in Germany, and I would miss them, but offered with the choice, I´d move immediately.

Place of Choice: Bearnock, a very, very small bunch of houses near Drumnadrochit (Inverness-Shire).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote

Yup.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Great pictures, Falkirk. That's HIGHLANDER territory right there (I have no idea if you live in Scotland or not, but it sure has that "vibe")! smile

It's in WALES Thor smile

Yeah, there are similarities though the Scottish scenery is more rugged and BIGGER! I'm sure Alan would agree?

As Tim mentions, I am at the moment living in Wales and the trip to Llyn Idwal certainly reminded me of parts of Scotland. I agree that there is a difference in scale comparing Scotland and Wales, but certainly around here in North Wales it all seems so compact. Within an hour I could be in the hills of Snowdonia or on a sandy beach.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Timmer wrote
    Y'know, we could ALL have gone to Wales and put up tents and listened to great music around a camp fire? rolleyes wink

That would have been an experience. I believe that I have never spent a night under canvas in my entire life. shame

The idea has no appeal whatsoever.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Anthony wrote
    If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

Without a doubt I'd choose to live on Skye. Somewhere towards the north of the island, maybe around Staffin?

If I had to choose a city then I'd pick San Francisco. I don't really like the hustle-and-bustle of the city but some of the residential areas there would do. This is a city that in a way doesn't feel like an American city.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Y'know, we could ALL have gone to Wales and put up tents and listened to great music around a camp fire? rolleyes wink

That would have been an experience. I believe that I have never spent a night under canvas in my entire life. shame

The idea has no appeal whatsoever.

I'm surprised? ( maybe I shouldn't be.....I dunno? )

Sat around with good company under the night sky with a fire, cooking some baked potatoes with butter and cheese or marshmallows if you prefer, beer and good music we'll hunt, kill, cook and eat a pig ( or maybe a badger? ) before painting our faces with tribal colours and hunting down the weakest person.....

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote

I have successfuly avoided camping since my 18th, and there is no way this side of an earthquake or other calamity that I will ever be enticed into it again!
    Make mine hot and cold running water and room service, thank you very much!

Timmer wrote
    l hunt, kill, cook and eat a pig ( or maybe a badger? ) )

Badgers? WE DON' NEED NO STEENKEENG... OK, I'm not going there again. ;-)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote

Austria, Canada, Skye, the UK... ye GODS! You people are WEIRD!

Timmer's San Francisco makes more sense to me (climate and "city-buzz"-wise), but for me it'd be Rio!
    Sun, sea, palm trees, and some of the hardest-working, nicest and most beautiful people I've ever seen! cool
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Anthony wrote

Austria, Canada, Skye, the UK... ye GODS! You people are WEIRD!

Timmer's San Francisco makes more sense to me (climate and "city-buzz"-wise), but for me it'd be Rio!
    Sun, sea, palm trees, and some of the hardest-working, nicest and most beautiful people I've ever seen! cool

That sounds good too! cool

An "idealistic" part of me would love to live in the Annapurna region of Nepal, a place which in my reasonably experienced opinion is the most gorgeous place on Earth but the "realistic" part of me knows that it wouldn't be long before I missed pubs, Sunday roast dinners and traffic jams! wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

I have successfuly avoided camping since my 18th, and there is no way this side of an earthquake or other calamity that I will ever be enticed into it again!
    Make mine hot and cold running water and room service, thank you very much!

Timmer wrote
    l hunt, kill, cook and eat a pig ( or maybe a badger? ) )

Badgers? WE DON' NEED NO STEENKEENG... OK, I'm not going there again. ;-)

BADGERS!!!!!!! punk

Oh,,,okay shame

Martijn, Why exactly do you not like camping? Same goes for Alan. wave
  6. I suppose I just like my home comforts - and my own bed.

And then there's having to pitch the tent, cook the food on a small stove, the experience of camping in bad weather, makeshift toilets...the list, I feel, could be endless!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2008
    biggrin

I haven't done it either (well, once, bu I think it wasn't really adventurous wink ) so I'd love to do this once.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Have done it in the army for 2 years, some in very bad situations. I'd do it again with mates but boy i tell you, some memories i have from those former situations are not so pleasant and definitely not fun wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I completely concur with Alan, with an emphasis on
    makeshift toilets

I don't know. there's just something about camping that rubs me completely the wrong way.
    The odd thing is though that I have slept in some fairly primitive circumstances comparable to camping (I guess) like log cabins, and I really enjoyed that.

I think it may indeed have well to do with the lack of even the most basic (to my mind) of comforts, i.e. a toilet.

Yeah. I won't do well when the meteor drops or the oil runs out or the seas flood the earth, I know.
    Well. Maybe I'll do OK.
    But I won't enjoy it!
    wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What a bunch of noodle armed nancies! rolleyes

Right you bunch of silky boys...PRESS UPS!

Hup ONE

Hup TWO

Hup THREE

Hup FOUR

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Have done it in the army for 2 years, some in very bad situations. I'd do it again with mates but boy i tell you, some memories i have from those former situations are not so pleasant and definitely not fun wink

Except you! wink

D, sounds very exciting? You should have used that in a "5 things about myself" in the True or False thread?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hey, I'll have you know I do 100 port glass lift ups every single day!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I'm a noodle armed too!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hup FIVE

Hup SIX

Hup SEVEN

Hup EIGHT

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote

I'll drink to that! beer (Although since I'm a real man and all, I prefer a nice frosty Carlsberg with steak and chips. Its awesome.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote

I'll drink to that! beer (Although since I'm a real man and all, I prefer a nice frosty Carlsberg with steak and chips. Its awesome.)

Mmmmmmmm! PROPER man food and drink! punk beer

None of them poncy Fries .
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2008 edited
    Mogens once told me Carlsberg is a girls beer in Denmark (where Carlsberg comes from) as much as cherry beer is seen here as a girlies beer.

Being a real man is soooo relative. wink
    Kazoo