• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. The weather was gorgeous here in North Wales too.

We went to the RSPB site at South Stack on Anglesey today and went on some good coqstal walks. Nice to see some gannets, chough and guillemots as well as some "first timers" - stonechat and linnets.

We also stopped of at a forest walk on the way home. But they were asking for a £3 "toll" for access. Bugger that! So we came home and had some chilli con carne instead.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2011
    Currently sitting alone in our summer house in Denmark. Two of my friends have just driven two of my other friends to the ferry in the North, and will be returning this afternoon. Shifting weather, but always therapy for the soul to come here, a paradise on earth with some gorgeous landscapes (also geologically interesting).

Getting some deserved downtime before I return to Norway to start my "new lifestyle" thing. I even snuck in a beer last night (after having been granted an exception by my doctor). Funny to see my friends get sloshed by tequila, cognac, gin and whatelse while I stayed sober to soak it all in! :D
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Good to see you recharging your batteries, Thor. You take care of yourself but don't deprive yourself too much of life's luxuries!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2012
    Just had a wonderful lunch of roasted pork loin cooked with cider and shallots, with all the trimmings. lick

I'm gonna spend the next couple of hours in the garden with a few beers, since the weather is quite fine today.

Then it'll be time to head off to the pub for the quiz. And more beer, I suspect.

beer
  3. Sounds like a perfect Sunday!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2012
    LSH wrote
    Just had a wonderful lunch of roasted pork loin cooked with cider and shallots, with all the trimmings. lick

I'm gonna spend the next couple of hours in the garden with a few beers, since the weather is quite fine today.

Then it'll be time to head off to the pub for the quiz. And more beer, I suspect.

beer

Sounds great! Let us know how you do in the quiz.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2012
    We won the quiz!

Rounded off my 'perfect' Sunday nicely. And, as a bonus, I'm totally shitfaced! smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2012
    punk beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2012
    Our team came 2nd in the pub quiz tonight. Not bad, you might think. It's terrible actually. We always (usually) win.

Oh well. At least I'm drunk.

dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Me, I didn't do much of anything but a few chores around the house.
    I had purchased a bottle of the Spanish liquor "43" which I'd never tried before.
    shocked
    My God. It's SWEET! It's like drinking liquid vanilla ice cream.

I like vanilla ice cream.

A lot.

christmas_drunk

Bit worse for wear right now.
    But then again, it's Monday.
    I'm supposed to feel that way.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Yesterday I went out to have a Coke and a cake (yes, however it sounds) with one of my best friends. Felt like going out, but not a long way.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. It was like a summer's day here yesterday (gearing up for the same today). The summer shorts were out and Anne and I were out at our local RSPB reserve for a few hours.

Anne's keeping a bird year list and she got her 100th species of 2012 - a chiffchaff for anyone interested. The call of one of these is a strong indication of spring.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    It was like a summer's day here yesterday (gearing up for the same today). The summer shorts were out and Anne and I were out at our local RSPB reserve for a few hours.

Anne's keeping a bird year list and she got her 100th species of 2012 - a chiffchaff for anyone interested. The call of one of these is a strong indication of spring.

Not shorts weather here yet, but very mild for the season.

Speaking of birds, you know it's spring when bird chirps wake you up at 4:00 in the morning....I live in a very green and park-like area in Oslo, with a massive bird life.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2012
    Off to play pool contest punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2012
    Off to pub quiz! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2012
    Off to bed. sleep
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2012
    LSH wrote
    Off to pub quiz! punk

Did you win? I didn't. I got to the final so I got money as the runner up in the pool contest, the guy who beat me deserved to win.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2012
    Off to play pool again, hopefully I'll go one step better than last week.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2012
    I won!

nuff said cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2012
    Tonight I'm going out to drink and play pool and hopefully win money. spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Tonight I'm going out to drink and play pool and hopefully win money. spin

Plain and simple wink beer
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    There's a Morrocan guy named Hassan who occasionally turns up at the pub, he doesn't play pool but we have a running joke that everytime he turns up I win and it seems to be true, I'm hoping he'll be there tonight biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    If I were you, I'd ask for his phone number! Just for the luck thing, of course. Let's keep it a professional relationship......by now.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin

He's very sociable and nice guy but he's strict Muslim ( no drink except coke or orange, no gambling ) so I don't know if he'll be willing to give me next weeks winning lottery numbers? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2012
    A really good laugh tonight, great fun even though I lost ( I got to the semi final, had my chance but blew it ) , Hassan turned up minutes after I lost rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Again....ask for his phone number. Do you need more evidence?! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hassan certainly is a mysterious figure. Does he know of your theory? Would it jinx your luck?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes he knows the "theory" we laugh about it, he jokingly asks for his cut when I win ( I think he's joking anyway? wink )
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Yes he knows the "theory" we laugh about it, he jokingly asks for his cut when I win

....which apparently he deserves!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...and his muslim beliefs restrict, you can't have it all ways rolleyes wink