• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2016
    I've been nursing two overlapping hangovers. Worked over 40 hours between Thursday and today but still found time to sink many a drink. And none of it was planned. Eurgh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2016
    On Sundays we visit family. Or we are at home. Or we go to The Efteling.

Yesterday we were at home. Just doing some work, laundry, baking, reading, etc. We didn't even go outside at all. The weather was nice though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2016 edited
    LSH wrote
    I've been nursing two overlapping hangovers. Worked over 40 hours between Thursday and today but still found time to sink many a drink. And none of it was planned. Eurgh.

Same here; in fact THREE overlapping hangovers (heavy parties on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday), so I mostly use Sundays for recuperation with as little activity as possible. Lee is much younger than me, though, so he quickly jumps back; for me, I'll feel the consequences for at least a week.

Incidentally, it seems to me that Sundays are often "pub" days in the UK. Why is that, and how does that go over with work duties on Monday morning?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Sunday is lazy day. We often visit family and hope we can have dinner there too, resulting in no need to cook or cleaning up. Really lazy. wink I am not a long sleeper so I often go running a bit in the morning too, unless it was a heavy night out but that happens less. But we somtimes go for a hike or bar with friends.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Sounds nice! cheesy
    Except the running.
    tongue

O, I forgot, I usually do my groceries on Sunday morning. It's quiet then en we can have brunch with hot croissants.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Groceries? Isn't everything closed on Sundays? Here in Norway, we only have one grocery store chain that is open on Sundays, and it can do so because it's less than a set limit of square meters.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Everything is open here in the UK on Sundays, it's fucking 'orrible!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Horrible? I get annoyed at supermarkets closing at 4pm on Sundays!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    My heart bleeds tongue
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    maandag 08:00–21:00
    dinsdag 08:00–21:00
    woensdag 08:00–21:00
    donderdag 08:00–21:00
    vrijdag 08:00–21:00
    zaterdag 07:00–20:00
    zondag 09:00–18:00

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Huh. Guess Norway is rather unique that way then. Us and Belgium. I remember a few Sundays spent there, and without any opportunity to buy even water anywhere.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Virtually nothing opens on Sundays in Germany. Only the bakeries in the morning and most patrol stations. Shops are allowed to open on Sundays four times a year on special occasions like fairs or such.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2016 edited
    Really? I had no idea.
    Most grocery stores are open on Sunday. And other shops and malls are open one sunday a month (each quarter of town on a different sunday). So in my town which is not that big I can go shopping each sunday if I need anything. In some cities the shopping centre and malls are open each and every sunday.

Is this going to turn into a discussion about religion now? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2021
    I hate Sundays.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Sundays are okay.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn