• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2008 edited
    Bregt, Marie-Lise, Tommy_Boy and me went to Brussels today.

Here are two pictures to start with:

(links removed)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Wow... nice building! shocked

p.s.: is it me, or does Thomas always look exactly the same? biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2008
    Wow... nice people! smile

wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    Wow... nice people! smile

wink

Sorry man.
    shame
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I didn't like Tommy_Boy. He just kept on talking about his pride for his native country! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Belgium? Is that a country? Do they actually have a government yet?
    wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I know exactly what you're saying!
  1. You're right our country is a political joke, the two language groups don't get along, and our king has no input whatsoever, but then again we have excellent beer, excellent chocolate, excellent fries, some beautiful cities and... and... uhm, I can't think of anything!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ No talk about women there? The women of Belgium?!?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. BobdH wrote
    Wow... nice building! shocked

p.s.: is it me, or does Thomas always look exactly the same? biggrin wink

The same? Yes I don't age, now you know wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Joep wrote
    I didn't like Tommy_Boy. He just kept on talking about his pride for his native country! tongue

Yes! We Flemish Rule biggrin !!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2008 edited
    Joep wrote

EDIT: Links removed

Nice photos. I like the way Bregt never takes the bag out of his shoulders! smile How about telling us a bit more about what you did exactly? How did you spend your day? Oh and we definitely need more photos!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    Joep wrote

EDIT: Links removed

Nice photos. I like the way Bregt never takes the bag out of his shoulders! smile How about telling us a bit more about what you did exactly? How did you spend your day? Oh and we definitely need more photos!

Oh there are more fotos, sadly biggrin

Well we just had a couple of drinks and had something to eat on what was a lovely sunny day in the Central capitol of Europe. We chatted a lot about everything, Joep constantly harrased me with the fact that I have listened to The Glimmer Man, we exchanged a lot of CD's and we had a terrific waffle (wasn't it Bregt?) biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    I like the way Bregt never takes the bag out of his shoulders! smile

cheesy wink

How about telling us a bit more about what you did exactly? How did you spend your day? Oh and we definitely need more photos!

Well, because Joep was with us, we ofcourse talked a lot of nonsense. But obviously about film music in general like the fact that Joep mostly has a final opinion when hearing a score the first time, unlike Thomas and me, who need more listens. Also a bit more about what we can do with maintitles.net and of course about cookies.

Next meeting could be in the Efteling, without me though.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Why?
    Whaddya got against De Efteling???
    shocked

Oh, and I LIKE this Joep character. Sounds like my kinda guy: opinionated! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Bregt wrote
    Next meeting could be in the Efteling, without me though.

Why without you?

For me that's around the corner! cheesy
    But it's rather expensive too... we'll see.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2008 edited
    I'd go, if I could. But the end of the year is coming and I need to finish up all papers and work.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    De Efteling... I used to like that place, but not anymore. I'm glad I haven't been there for years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Last time I was there was for my thirtieth birthday.
    I basically just went in and out and in and out of the Fata Morgana... I LOVE that ride!
    And still do.

De Efteling rules!
  5. When we met in The Hague a while back the rest of the family went to De Efteling - if that's a sort of theme park.

Although I was pleased to meet everyone that day I was also glad that I missed being dragged to that place.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2008
    Euhm, Bregje, Bob, Martijn, Joep and the Belgians. What do you think of a one day meeting at the beginning of July? We can choose Antwerp? Or Amsterdam? Or Rotterdam?

Just asmall talkie walkie thing. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2008 edited
    We went to Antwerp to see that LOTR concert Howard Shore conducted. And we had no idea what a fantastic city we were going to see. That cathedral was such a bright, sunlit place; an absolute beauty. But there were a lot of very nice old buildings there. I would love to go there again, with more time, and specific plans were to go, so probably not the best time to meet some friends from the community.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    We went to Antwerp to see that LOTR concert Howard Shore conducted. And we had no idea what a fantastic city we were going to see. That cathedral was such a bright, sunlit place; an absolute beauty. But there were a lot of very nice old buildings there. I would love to go there again, with more time, and specific plans were to go, so probably not the best time to meet some friends from the community.

Cool! I was there too.

And Bregje, Martijn, Marie-Lise and Alan (Falkirk) as well.
    We've been very close then. wink

I don't know Antwerp very much. A shame. I've never seen its cathedral or market square, nor the inner city streets. It's one of our grandest cities.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    We had no idea what to expect, we parked our car at that music hall and went by metro into the old city. When we came upstairs, right onto that huge square, our jaws dropped as one.

You have a very, very beautiful city over there. Go and see it as soon as you can.

BTW, the concert was fun, and we waited up to the end to get an autograph by Sissel (no way we could stand in line for Shore, our little daughter would have killed us by then), which we adored for a long time, and were very happy to see her perform there, probably the best soloist I´ve heard working on LOTR. It was no problem to get in to her, she was surprised we wanted to see her, not Shore, god bless her, and she signed my daugter´s ticket with a smiley, cause her daughter´s name was the same... Great person, even greater voice.

That day was SO much fun.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2008
    Bregt wrote
    Euhm, Bregje, Bob, Martijn, Joep and the Belgians. What do you think of a one day meeting at the beginning of July? We can choose Antwerp? Or Amsterdam? Or Rotterdam?

Just asmall talkie walkie thing. smile

Rotterdam. And that's final cool
  6. Ralph Kruhm wrote

It certainly was!!

It wasn't the best venue but the atmosphere certainly made up for it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

It certainly was!!

That's all that counts! cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

It certainly was!!

That's all that counts! cool beer

As well as seats in the second row. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2008 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    As well as seats in the second row. wink

What shall I say... I´m thinking some kind of bastard comment right in the moment, but, on the other hand, yay, you´re a community member, and of course I´m all too happy for you, and... nah, well, bastard! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2008 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

When you are in belgium again, you must visit Bruges. wink That city is propably the most beautiful city in belgium. I'm by the way looking forward to that movie with Colin Farrel, "in Bruges" : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780536/