• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. No, Tyler Bates. tongue
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2012
    Marianelli is coming but we're still having troubles to acquire some decent artwork. We don't even have a copy of the darn film. It should not be too long though - thanks for your patience! smile
  2. We lost him way too early. Same with Walker and Poledouris.

I remember reading, had he not passed away, he was going to do the scores to "The Incredibles" and anotehr Pixar one, I think it was "Finding Nemo".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2012
    Great news about the Kamen. There aren't a lot of releases of his music in the first place, and to have his final work is a true pleasure. Well done, Mikael!
    I am extremely serious.
  3. this is definitely a very fine release. Congratulations Mikael, I'm sure it will be a very profitable release, I hope so for you. You deserve it smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. justin boggan wrote
    We lost him way too early. Same with Walker and Poledouris.

I remember reading, had he not passed away, he was going to do the scores to "The Incredibles" and anotehr Pixar one, I think it was "Finding Nemo".

Though, I would not want to have to lose Giacchino and Newman's scores for a chance to see what Kamen would have done.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2012
    Here is the pre-order page at SAE with five exciting audio samples!

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … PRE-ORDER/

Cheers!

mc
  5. a great month for Kamen fans smile , 2 new releases from Intrada

RENEGADES

Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume 192
    Date: 1989
    Tracks: 16
    Time = 77:14

World premiere of original soundtrack by Michael Kamen to action thriller directed by Jack Sholder, starring Kiefer Sutherland, Lou Diamond Phillips, Jami Gertz. Botched robbery leads to theft of sacred tribal lance, dangerous pursuit by cop Sutherland in uneasy alliance with Lakota Indian Phillips. Kamen writes significant action, especially in ferocious final pursuit, showdown, but heart of score is idea for sacred lance. Kamen uses small ensemble of strings, flute, piano, electronic keyboards, guitars, percussion to create low key music with focus on Native American color, texture. Action material draws from dynamic piano ostinati, busy percussion figures. Several lengthy cues a big asset, crisp stereo sound another. Complete score, including music not heard in final picture, courtesy mint condition 1/4" two track stereo masters stored in Universal vaults, licensed through Morgan Creek. Michael Kamen conducts. Intrada Special Collection release available while quantities and interest remain!

01. Main Title 3:44
    02. Buster's Bust 2:58
    03. The Robbery 10:01
    04. The Lance [Alt] 4:16
    05. Buster Takes A Bullet 1:43
    06. First Aid 1:43
    07. Medicine Stone 4:34
    08. Nothing To Worry About 0:39
    09. Beauty Parlor Source 3:36
    10. Department Store 6:33
    11. Broken Stone, Broken Spirit 12:15
    12. Blazing Bullets, Flaming Lance 10:12
    13. Brown Ridge & Find Me 4:14
    Total Album Time 68:58

The Extras
    14. The Lance 4:03
    15. Blazing Bullets, Flaming Lance [Alt] 1:32
    16. Brown Ridge [Film Version] 2:32
    Total Extras Time 8:09

----------------------------------------------------------

ROAD HOUSE

Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume 190
    Date: 1989
    Tracks: 14
    Time = 48:19

At last! World premiere release of Michael Kamen soundtrack from popular Rowdy Herrington action picture with Patrick Swayze in iconic role as Dalton, expert bouncer, teamed with friend Sam Elliot against ultra-baddie Ben Gazzara. Kelly Lynch brings romance, Jeff Healey Band adds local color. Kamen writes to small town environment, bar scene with signature guitar, keyboard work, then for climactic fight scenes, dramatically ushers in powerhouse large-scale orchestral action material. Ferocious "Dalton and Reno Fight" is terrific highlight, ditto film version of "The Final Confrontation". In balance is warm theme for outdoor country farm atmosphere where Dalton resides. Intrada lands once missing actual 2" 24-track session masters stored in MGM vaults in excellent condition, then licenses courtesy Sony to make score available for first time, newly remixed, mastered in superb stereo sound. One of composer's most oft-requested scores, finally available! Only discordant note: one solitary reel containing two brief orchestral sequences remains lost to the ages. However, in addition to all major cues, remaining reels also featured several cues not used in picture, including early original version of "Final Confrontation" plus instrumental "Final Theme" written for but not used at end of movie. Michael Kamen conducts. Intrada Special Collection release available while quantities and interest remain!

01. The Homestead (Dalton's Theme) 2:37
    02. Tai Chi 1:33 Hear This Track
    03. Nobody Ever Wins A Fight 1:52
    04. Drop Like A Stone 3:15
    05. Invitation To Brads 1:54
    06. On The Rooftop 5:41
    07. Loading Dock Fight 7:44
    08. This Is My Town 3:13
    09. Emmet's House Explodes [Original Version] 1:01
    10. Dalton And Reno Fight 3:19
    11. Heads Or Tails? 3:00
    12. The Final Confrontation [Original Version] 4:44
    13. The Final Confrontation [Film Version] 6:15
    14. Final Theme 1:54
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2012
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    RENEGADES

...Several lengthy cues a big asset, crisp stereo sound another...

I love Michael Kamen probably more than anybody else does, but honestly, when the best the always-hyperbolic record label's hyperbole can come up with for the album's two main assets is that it contains lengthy cues and crisp stereo sound... I suspect this is not A-grade material.

Am I wrong, I wonder? I have never heard of the film so have never heard any of its music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    RENEGADES

...Several lengthy cues a big asset, crisp stereo sound another...

I love Michael Kamen probably more than anybody else does, but honestly, when the best the always-hyperbolic record label's hyperbole can come up with for the album's two main assets is that it contains lengthy cues and crisp stereo sound... I suspect this is not A-grade material.

Am I wrong, I wonder? I have never heard of the film so have never heard any of its music.

I agree. This doesn't sound very interesting. Like Kamen's version of Horner's THUNDERHEART.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. ROAD HOUSE is one of the most ridiculous movies I've ever seen, and the score is a big part of it. Would it hold up as a stand alone listen? I'm not convinced.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I have fond memories of ROAD HOUSE from my youth (it was a pretty "cool" film to like at the time), but I havent' seen it since then and I can't remember a note of the music. That is, not untill I heard the clips above.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2012
    Good Lord, I just listened to the clips from these.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    And now you can die contendedly?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    And another would be...?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Or was this more a Twitter kind of post.
    You know the type: "Bought 45 pounds worth of staples", "Now on toilet @ home", "just listened to Michael Kamen clips. Please retweet."
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    ROAD HOUSE is one of the most ridiculous movies I've ever seen, and the score is a big part of it. Would it hold up as a stand alone listen? I'm not convinced.

It's a film that I would probably have enjoyed at the time of it's release, as it is I saw it for the first time about five years ago and my verdict...

SHITE!

Can't remember the score at all.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Roadhouse is so bad that it's good! And Kamen's score is just balls to the walls action!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    It's a bit disappointing to hear that Road House is so synthy sounding in the softer tracks. Non-orchestral Kamen can be a bit trying for me, knowing how good his music sounds like with live players. Good thing the action cues are orchestral.
  7. Timmer wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    ROAD HOUSE is one of the most ridiculous movies I've ever seen, and the score is a big part of it. Would it hold up as a stand alone listen? I'm not convinced.

It's a film that I would probably have enjoyed at the time of it's release, as it is I saw it for the first time about five years ago and my verdict...

SHITE!

Magnificent! It IS the film that's so bad that it's good. smile
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2012
    An outstanding release that I fully intend to review within the next day or so
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    sdtom wrote

I guess you're talking about Back to Gaya and not Road House?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Southall wrote
    sdtom wrote

I guess you're talking about Back to Gaya and not Road House?

I sure am James!
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2012
    MovieScore Media presents

BACK TO GAYA
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    Discovery Collection Volume 11

Music Composed by
    MICHAEL KAMEN

Sound clips and more info:
    http://www.moviescoremedia.com/backtogaya.html

Order CD here (1st edition limited to 1000 copies):
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/16846

Download on iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/back-t … d495676366

We are proud to announce our release of the legendary Michael Kamen's original orchestral score from the German fantasy animation Back to Gaya on CD and online. The completion of the score was an extraordinary achievement as the composer tragically, in the midst of composing the music for the film, passed away. Committed to fulfil the vision of Kamen, complementing the music he had written specifically for Back to Gaya with a selection of his unused compositions from previous film projects, a team of composer and orchestrators headed by Kamens long-time associates Steve McLaughlin (producer/recording engineer) and Christopher Brooks (producer/music editor) finalized the score to fit the film perfectly. MovieScore Media's album features 62 minutes of grand orchestral, adventurous and highly entertaining Michael Kamen music performed by the London Metropolitan Orchestra.

In honour of the late maestro, MovieScore Media will share a portion of revenues generated by the album with Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation, which was founded by Michael Kamen in 1996 as his commitment to the future of music education.

First edition of the CD is limited to 1000 copies.

Track titles:
    1 Main Title 1.30 - http://www.screenarchives.com/media/16923-13049.mp3
    2 Snurks 1.27
    3 Flying 1.59
    4 The Kiss 1.21
    5 Fireworks 1.36
    6 The Professor 2.32
    7 The Race 2.29 - http://www.screenarchives.com/media/16923-13050.mp3
    8 Baby Chase 2.57
    9 The Vortex 3.04 - http://www.screenarchives.com/media/16923-13051.mp3
    10 Wrecking Ball 0.44
    11 The Toy Store 1.41
    12 Balloon Crash 2.25
    13 Rat Chase 2.42
    14 The Sewer 3.00 - http://www.screenarchives.com/media/16923-13051.mp3
    15 Find a Way In 1.32
    16 In Charge 1.42
    17 Switched On 1.46
    18 So Unusual 1.43
    19 Free Will 3.43
    20 Night Flight 1.39
    21 Big Dumb 5.18
    22 Robot Chase 3.05
    23 Climb 2.24
    24 Catching Dolomite 1.39
    25 Manual Targeting 1.21
    26 We're Free! 4.01 - http://www.screenarchives.com/media/16923-13053.mp3
    27 The Mayor Runs 1.38
    28 Back to Gaya (Last Cue) 1.22

MMS12001 • DISCOVERY COLLECTION VOL 11
    BACK TO GAYA (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    Music Composed by MICHAEL KAMEN
    Release date: January 24, 2012 (CD/online)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm working on this as I type. Will be ready later today.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2012/01/24/b … gayakamen/

My review of the Back to Gaya release. I'm sure it will sell out quickly.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    sdtom wrote
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2012/01/24/b … gayakamen/

My review of the Back to Gaya release. I'm sure it will sell out quickly.
    Tom

I hope it's very successful for Mikael. It's a wonderful album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2012
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2012
    Great so see La-La Land releasing a 2CD set of Die Hard 3; This will be like discovering a whole new Die Hard score given the short amount in the movie. I love the new Die Hard 2 varese club, getting a lot of play the last week smile

DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE – EXPANDED ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK -- 2 CD SET
    MUSIC BY MICHAEL KAMEN
    LLLCD 1233
    LIMITED EDITION OF 4000 UNITS
    RETAIL PRICE: $29.98