• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2012 edited
    TIMMAAAAAAH!
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2012
  1. Demetris wrote
    Erik, i don't know that. As a mod i have to check stuff like that; if it was a joke, a behind-the-scenes joke i didn't know about then it's not my fault; whatever the case, i apologize if this is what happened indeed.

But please bear in mind that i can't know in advance who invited whom and what people's facebook or fsm or real life relationships are.

I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers but I should have realized that not everyone here knows me well enough yet to understand my sense of humor. Apologies for any misunderstanding.

That said, it wasn't an inside joke. The operative word was "fora" (in contrast to Thor's use of "modi"), which hopefully everyone (definitely Bregt) picked up. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    or TIMMAH!

:like: cheesy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southpark :like:
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    WE. NEED. A. MT. LIKE BUTTON.... LIKE NOW!!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin
    Kazoo
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    WE. NEED. A. MT. LIKE BUTTON.... LIKE NOW!!!!

-Erik-

Ita est! tongue
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    But he said he heard about MT on Facebook from me HERE! That is a topic you do read because you welcomed him on board HERE!

Anyway, maybe a PM would have been the best approach!

-Erik-

I said 'welcome aboard everyone'; sadly, i don't have the time to go and click through everyone's links and profiles i am afraid, dear Erik. Anyway, a simple 'a pm would have been the best approach' on your part (as it actually was your first post before you edited it) would have sufficed. You didn't have to go dig things up 'cause there's nothing to prove to me personally; as i said, i got your message and i apologized. Thanks for your critique, it will be considered for my future maintitle mod journeys.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Mike Skerritt wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Erik, i don't know that. As a mod i have to check stuff like that; if it was a joke, a behind-the-scenes joke i didn't know about then it's not my fault; whatever the case, i apologize if this is what happened indeed.

But please bear in mind that i can't know in advance who invited whom and what people's facebook or fsm or real life relationships are.

I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers but I should have realized that not everyone here knows me well enough yet to understand my sense of humor. Apologies for any misunderstanding.

That said, it wasn't an inside joke. The operative word was "fora" (in contrast to Thor's use of "modi"), which hopefully everyone (definitely Bregt) picked up. biggrin

No problem dear Mike, truth is that i don't know you at all so i am sorry i rushed to conclusions. I wasn't and still am not aware of your previous relations to Thor or Erik.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Demetris wrote
    I wasn't and still am not aware of your previous relations to Thor or Erik.

And it's going to stay that way... right Thor? Right Mike? If they ever found out...

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Demetris wrote
    sadly, i don't have the time to go and click through everyone's links and profiles i am afraid, dear Erik.

But as a mod shouldn't you... oh, nevermind. wink

Demetris wrote
    Thanks for your critique, it will be considered for my future maintitle mod journeys.

Glad to be of service!

-Erik-
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    And it's going to stay that way... right Thor? Right Mike? If they ever found out...

-Erik-

YOU PROMISED YOU WOULDN'T SAY ANYTHING
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Are you in any need of, well, oil? 'Cause i am known as the oil guy around here. Don't know why.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    This is all latin to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2012
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Demetris wrote
    I wasn't and still am not aware of your previous relations to Thor or Erik.

-Erik-

I hate you all.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Which is what in Latin? wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Me odisse vos omnes.

Ave Satani, and all that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2012 edited
    Jon Broxton wrote
    Me odisse vos omnes.

Ave Satani, and all that.

Jon, haud yer wheesht!

:kilt:

wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2012 edited
    I've been listening a lot to Intrada's Kamen releases "Roadhouse" and "Renegades" (picked both up from the SAE cybermonday sale) and don't quite know what to make of them; Both feature very cheesy synth and in the case of Roadhouse even weird guitar solo'ing. Because Roadhouse featured a lot of songs, the score is minimal and doesn't get a chance to lift off; Renegades does feature ton of score (even tracks of 10 minute length) and despite it sounding like a demo mock up, there are plenty of motifs and ideas that he would later expand on in other scores. Still nice to discover more of Kamen's scores, I can't wait for Die Hard 3 to get here smile
  6. I am an avowed fan of ROAD HOUSE (the movie) and I just wasn't interested in the score album. It's fine and it does a competent enough job in the movie, but there's really nothing in there to grab you otherwise. It just kind of plods along, throwing in sprinkles of ideas here and there, but, as you said, never goes anywhere.

Ironically, the songs--most by the Jeff Healey Band--are fantastic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2012
    A score/song album would have benefitted this one for sure, but Intrada probably couldn't afford the rights. I do enjoy the lengthy liner notes paying somewhat tribute to Swayze and Kamen, wanted to mention that as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2013
    Time for a short season of reviews of scores by one of my favourites, the incredibly underrated Michael Kamen, starting with Don Juan de Marco:

http://www.movie-wave.net/?p=3312
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2013
    Looking forward to reading more smile I'm still on 'die hard 3' high.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2013 edited
    Quartet Records is proud to present its two new releases: three scores on two different CDs.

CRUSOE
    Music Composed and Conducted by Michael Kamen
    Limited Edition of 1000 units

[img]www.quartetrecords.com/media/catalog/product/c/r/crusoe.jpg[/img]

World premiere release of Michael Kamen’s moving, emotional score dated in 1988 for Caleb Deschanel personal vision of Robinson Crusoe, starring Aidan Quinn and Elvis Payne.

Michael Kamen (Highlander, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, Licence to Kill, Mona Lisa) provides one of its best efforts: a reflexive, ethnic influenced score dominated by a melancholy melody that reflects the character of Crusoe. The music was performed by The National Philarmonic Orchestra.

Now after spending nearly as long in Michael Kamen’s archives as Daniel Defoe’s castaway did on the author’s remote island, Crusoe has finally been rescued for CD. Its score is presented here in the form the composer originally conceived for its (never-released) soundtrack album. Crusoe remains one of Michael Kamen’s most intimate and evocative works, portraying Crusoe’s island as a state of mind as much as a rugged place for adventure. More importantly, his work showed it was a place where so-called civilized and primitive music could share a common bond of humanity.

The package includes a 16-page full color booklet, and liner notes by Daniel Schweiger, who discuss the film and the score, and also includes interviews with Caleb Deschanel and sound engineer Stephen McLaughlin

Both releases are available now on pre-order. The CDs will ship next Friday 12th.
    For more info and listen audio samples, please visit www.quartetrecords.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2013
    CRUSOE! Excellent...
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2013
    Wait a minute... that doesn't say ROBIN HOOD: PRINCE OF THIEVES complete!

Thumbs down!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2013
    Erik Woods wrote
    Wait a minute... that doesn't say ROBIN HOOD: PRINCE OF THIEVES complete!

No, thank God! Although I wouldn't mind a reissue of that where they removed those stupid and 'sudden' fade-outs at the end of certain tracks.
    I am extremely serious.