• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2008
    Ah! Entendi!

10.000 Years Before Originality...biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008
    wave James Newton Howard!!! wave

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Michael Giacchino or John Powell tongue

Me wanna Powell, me wanna Powell! punk

Are you mad? GIACCHINO all the way!!!!!

Giacchino is busy with Star Trek tongue

Thank God. No one good should be on a movie like this. sleep

Yeah, he really should spend more time working on truly worthy fare like... um... M:I 3 and Speed Racer... um... hang on...

And for those calling for the return of Fiedel... god bless you. And quickly remove the thoughts from your brains.
  1. Bring back Brad... Bring back Brad... Bring back Brad... Wow say that 3 times in a row!

His score for T2 is magic. I listen to it quite regularly, and it truly is one of those examples where the music enhances the movie 10 fold, and it's an already awesome film.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Raymond van Barnevelt could write a better score for the first two Terminator films than Brad Fiedel did - and he's Dutch!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Off-topic.

Martijn, i am sorry man

The dead spit of Gomez cool

For those who don't know Gomez is my cat
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    ELLIOT GOLDENTHAL would be my choice if I had the chance to pick one...

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    How about Danny Elfman?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    All this speculation!? Are we turning into the FSM board? confused wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    or

Marco Beltrami!!!
  2. Anthony wrote
    or

Marco Beltrami!!!

vomit

Long live Brad Fiedel ! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

I wish Jerry Goldsmith was still alive to have done it...

NOW we've turned into FSM!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Mega quote problem...fixing now.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Edit: Never mind.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

I wish Jerry Goldsmith was still alive to have done it...

NOW we've turned into FSM!

Nooooooooooooo!

(But forget it, it's not even funny now.)
  3. Martijn wrote
    Going wildly out on a limb here...how about Brad Fiedel? dizzy

indeed, why not Fiedel? he may not be the greatest composer out there but he nailed the sound which stands today for the Terminator Saga, whatever he did it absolutely worked in the context.

Even though I must say that I would be thrilled to hear Shearmur on this
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote

Tsk tsk.
    Lolcats are ALWAYS funny, young master Anthony.

I can has create Zimmer MV score 4 T4!
    Me lots good
    !
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Tommy_Boy wrote

Even though I must say that I would be thrilled to hear Shearmur on this

That's a brilliant idea. I wish I'd thought of this. Shame on me, I always say Shearmur needs more gigs.
  4. Southall wrote
    Raymond van Barnevelt could write a better score for the first two Terminator films than Brad Fiedel did - and he's Dutch!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tongue

What is it with Clemmensen and you to dispise Fiedel that much, the man has written better music then most think, his True Lies is a thematic and rhythmic joy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Martijn wrote
    Anthony wrote

Tsk tsk.
    Lolcats are ALWAYS funny, young master Anthony.

I can has create Zimmer MV score 4 T4!
    Me lots good
    !

Well if the quotes had worked first time then it might have been more successful. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Southall wrote

What is it with Clemmensen and you to dispise Fiedel that much, the man has written better music then most think, his True Lies is a thematic and rhythmic joy

Nah; I can't stand Fiedel either; at all.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    McG also directed "We are marshalls", which is scored by Christopher Beck.

He might be an interesting choice for T4... since he's pretty good at those synth stuff .
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Southall wrote

I must admit I was surprised by True Lies when I recently watched the film. I wouldn't buy it on CD, but it struck me as being infinitely better than the Terminator scores, which I think are just rubbish.
  5. Southall wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Southall wrote

I must admit I was surprised by True Lies when I recently watched the film. I wouldn't buy it on CD, but it struck me as being infinitely better than the Terminator scores, which I think are just rubbish.

The thing is, we are so addicted to Cameron films that the scores have become a part of our history, even the atmospheric stuff of Aliens is brilliant just because we always heard it in the context of the movie. And if we hear it on CD it just becomes that pleasant reminder of the movie. Terminator 2 is of course as a score way better than the first, but True Lies is indeed so much better and thematic. It really is a shame Fiedel isn't scoring for Cameron anymore since he really nailed all the movies he scored with a perfect sound and tone
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    The thing is, we are so addicted to Cameron films that the scores have become a part of our history, even the atmospheric stuff of Aliens is brilliant just because we always heard it in the context of the movie. And if we hear it on CD it just becomes that pleasant reminder of the movie. Terminator 2 is of course as a score way better than the first, but True Lies is indeed so much better and thematic. It really is a shame Fiedel isn't scoring for Cameron anymore since he really nailed all the movies he scored with a perfect sound and tone

Y'know... the only score for a James Cameron film I really think is very good is... Titanic!
  6. Southall wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

Y'know... the only score for a James Cameron film I really think is very good is... Titanic!

Not even The Abyss? confused
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

Not PIRANHA 2 THE FLYING KILLERS? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Southall wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

It does have one amazing cue... but most of it is deadly-dull.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Southall wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

I always wondered why people actually like the bloody drone that is The Abyss.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.