• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008 edited
    Back on topic, I´d like to suggest Bear McCreary for Terminator 4 if not Fiedel. Although his Sarah Connor Theme reminds me of the bloody Eragon theme every time I hear it...! I wished it was the other way around...
  1. There's already a percussionist listed on it's IMDB page (Zachary Gibson Smith); seems to early to start the score, but I could be wrong -- they might be that far into the film and are saving it for a later 2009 release.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Tommy_Boy wrote
    Southall wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    The thing is, we are so addicted to Cameron films that the scores have become a part of our history, even the atmospheric stuff of Aliens is brilliant just because we always heard it in the context of the movie. And if we hear it on CD it just becomes that pleasant reminder of the movie. Terminator 2 is of course as a score way better than the first, but True Lies is indeed so much better and thematic. It really is a shame Fiedel isn't scoring for Cameron anymore since he really nailed all the movies he scored with a perfect sound and tone

Y'know... the only score for a James Cameron film I really think is very good is... Titanic!

Not even The Abyss? confused

...or Aliens?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Southall wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    The thing is, we are so addicted to Cameron films that the scores have become a part of our history, even the atmospheric stuff of Aliens is brilliant just because we always heard it in the context of the movie. And if we hear it on CD it just becomes that pleasant reminder of the movie. Terminator 2 is of course as a score way better than the first, but True Lies is indeed so much better and thematic. It really is a shame Fiedel isn't scoring for Cameron anymore since he really nailed all the movies he scored with a perfect sound and tone

Y'know... the only score for a James Cameron film I really think is very good is... Titanic!

...or Aliens?

I do quite like Aliens, but in a slightly qualified way. Don't think it's as brilliant as most seem to.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Southall wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

I always wondered why people actually like the bloody drone that is The Abyss.

Well, the bits that owe much to Horner's BRAINSTORM are excellent!

Yeah, most of it is an atmospheric drone-fest.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Southall wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

...or Aliens?

I do quite like Aliens, but in a slightly qualified way. Don't think it's as brilliant as most seem to.

I'm one of those that think it's BRILLIANT!....'cos it is! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Southall wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

...or Aliens?

I'm one of those that think it's BRILLIANT!....'cos it is! cool

ah, me too bud, me too
    that score is excellent, and so is The Abyss. Both scores cary a mood that enhances the film, and the amazing pieces are simply legendary by now wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Horner's BRAINSTORM

vomit
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Horner's BRAINSTORM

vomit

You don't like Brainstorm!? Are you sure? I didn't know such a person existed! One of Horner's greatest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Back on topic, I´d like to suggest Bear McCreary for Terminator 4 if not Fiedel. Although his Sarah Connor Theme reminds me of the bloody Eragon theme every time I hear it...! I wished it was the other way around...

I would like Beltrami back for Terminator 4 as well...although I could see Bear McCreary doing it too, as I thought he did a great job on the Sarah Connor Chronicles.
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
  4. Oh, I think Bear would be perfect; his TSCC stuff (and BSG, of course) is amazing, and I doubt he would need Sarah´s Theme in T4, although you never know what will happen - it´s a time travel story after all. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Horner's BRAINSTORM

vomit

You don't like Brainstorm!? Are you sure? I didn't know such a person existed! One of Horner's greatest.

I don't understand that reaction either?

BRAINSTORM cooks most of Horner's own scores let alone the fact it's up there with the greats!

D,....... tongue moon
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2008
    Looks like there is going to be yet another couple of installments in the franchise...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7411013.stm
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Southall wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

I always wondered why people actually like the bloody drone that is The Abyss.

I gave you many valid examples why at scorereviews. Shall I re-post my comments here?

The Abyss is GREAT, Aliens is a MASTERPIECE and Brainstorm is easily one of Horner's greatest achievements.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. LSH wrote
    Looks like there is going to be yet another couple of installments in the franchise...

well that proves it, Arnie will appear in Terminator 26 if they want to, they will put his skeleton there if they have to.

And hey, that skeleton get squished through a cyber foot, man I should start writing scripts tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    LSH wrote

well that proves it, Arnie will appear in Terminator 26 if they want to, they will put his skeleton there if they have to.

And hey, that skeleton get squished through a cyber foot, man I should start writing scripts tongue

If memory serves, Arnold had his entire body scanned while in great shape so Arnold being in a future Terminator film ( hows that for anachronistic wink ) is not impossible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008 edited
    Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - Teaser

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/video/download/00003890/
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008
    The composer chosen could possibly be scoring three Terminator films. Let's hope the make a good choice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    My vote goes to Shearmur...

I guess (if he scores) it will be similar to Reign of Fire... moody... I love that military-type-percussion-aliens kind of cue, don't know which track it is, but its relentless
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I'd like John Powell! biggrin
  6. As long as it's not Howard Shore, Hans Zimmer and anyone connected to him, Marco Beltrami...

Maybe someone who worked with, or was a protege of Basil should get a shot.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    justin boggan wrote
    As long as it's not Howard Shore, Hans Zimmer and anyone connected to him, Marco Beltrami...

Agree. Beltrami did a good job in T3, so would be great if they allow him to continue in the franchise.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm not sure if I really care!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote

I don't. The series should have ended with Terminator 2... just like this new Batman series should end with The Dark Knight.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  7. Marselus wrote
    Beltrami did a good job in T3

vomit vomit vomit vomit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote

I don't. The series should have ended with Terminator 2... just like this new Batman series should end with The Dark Knight.

-Erik-

I can't comment on Dark Knight as I ain't seen it but the Terminator series went on one too far with a lame seen it all before story.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nolan's vision on BATMAN is far superior and totally non-comparable with the crap that is T3 the movie.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Marselus wrote

vomit vomit vomit vomit

You mean you don´t like it? tongue
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  8. T3 was boring as hell.
  9. Marselus wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Marselus wrote

vomit vomit vomit vomit

You mean you don´t like it? tongue

Yeah, that's what I mean... biggrin biggrin biggrin

No offense for those who like it... But that's absolutely not what I was waiting for a Terminator score...