• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nolan's vision on BATMAN is far superior and totally non-comparable with the crap that is T3 the movie.

Agreed. Which is why they shouldn't make a third Batman movie. Termintor was awesome and then James Cameron out did himself with T2. Nolan, sort of did the same. I still prefer Batman Begins but The Dark Knight was just as solid. But as with both franchises I think going to a third film is stretching it and T3 proved that.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Bring back Fiedel, it may not be the most memorable, but then at least the mood of the film will be perfect
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Beltrami did a good job in T3

vomit vomit vomit vomit

You mean you don´t like it? tongue

Yeah, that's what I mean... biggrin biggrin biggrin

No offense for those who like it... But that's absolutely not what I was waiting for a Terminator score...

Well what did you expect? Fiedel´s memorable themes? Beltrami provided excatly what I expected: lots of percussion and metal sounds and a noble theme for John Connor.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Beltrami did a good job in T3

vomit vomit vomit vomit

You mean you don´t like it? tongue

Yeah, that's what I mean... biggrin biggrin biggrin

No offense for those who like it... But that's absolutely not what I was waiting for a Terminator score...

Seriously? Come on mate, hurry up, you should make it in time to the nearest doctor if you left just now!

wink biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nolan's vision on BATMAN is far superior and totally non-comparable with the crap that is T3 the movie.

Agreed. Which is why they shouldn't make a third Batman movie. Termintor was awesome and then James Cameron out did himself with T2. Nolan, sort of did the same. I still prefer Batman Begins but The Dark Knight was just as solid. But as with both franchises I think going to a third film is stretching it and T3 proved that.

-Erik-

You do have a point here, more about the general tendency of sequels to generally decline in quality around the 3rd attempt or so but there's a significant difference here: all new Batman films are by the same director - and in more general terms, team. There's a more coherent vision here and walking on the same grounds.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008 edited
    I really want a 3rd Batman film, because even if it isn't as good as the first two, it would still probably be way better than many other films. Plus a third film would probably mean a 3rd soundtrack that people can speculate over for months, if not years, and then when it is released they can once again debate over the genius (or lack of genius) behind the whole thing.

As for Terminator 4, I'd be happy with a Michael Giachinno score or a John Powell score.

Actually.... Bruce Broughton needs more work. Let's give it to him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008
    I think Christopher Lennertz would do a fine job but, of course, that's a long shot. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008
    As for the new Terminator film... I predict BT will be attached to it.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    As for the new Terminator film... I predict BT will be attached to it.

Erik, do you mean the actual "BT"? Brian Transeau of Monster fame? Or Brian Tyler? wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Marselus wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    As long as it's not Howard Shore, Hans Zimmer and anyone connected to him, Marco Beltrami...

Agree. Beltrami did a good job in T3, so would be great if they allow him to continue in the franchise.

"Agree"? You seem to have missed an important word in my sentance. Let me highlight his word for you:

justin boggan wrote
    As long as it's not Howard Shore, Hans Zimmer and anyone connected to him, Marco Beltrami...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2008
    justin boggan wrote
    Marselus wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Agree. Beltrami did a good job in T3, so would be great if they allow him to continue in the franchise.

"Agree"? You seem to have missed an important word in my sentance. Let me highlight his word for you:

justin boggan wrote

Ok, I agree with you if you mean that Beltrami should do T4 (that is what I say in the first place).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  4. Meanwhile, Moviehole caught up with composer Marco Beltrami, who provided the score for T3: RISE OF THE MACHINES. Beltrami (whose latest work can be heard in THE EYE) says he was instructed to completely deviate from prior TERMINATOR music, which drew heat from franchise fans. Whether he'll be back for McG's flick, he says: "I don’t know, we’ve talked about it a little bit but nothing’s been worked out. I hear they may want to start fresh again with that, but I don’t know."

Now all is safe with the world.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2008
    I'm sure Erik means Brian Tyler and it looks like a very likely choice, IMO.

mc
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2008
    Ehh, I think Ed Shearmur may score T4 for McG, since he DID score those godawful Charlie's Angels films.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Matt C wrote
    Ehh, I think Ed Shearmur may score T4 for McG, since he DID score those godawful Charlie's Angels films.

No way, I only found out that McG did the Charlie's Angels movies today and my mind instantly jumped to Shearmur scoring this. He damn well better get it. One of the most (if not THE most) underrated composers today.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Ed would be awesome, but Christophe Beck was the one who actually scored McG's latest, WE ARE MARSHALL...

mc
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2008
    So, any updates on who will score?

They've finished up principal photography, and are heading into post production right now, according to the official blog:

http://rss.warnerbros.com/terminatorsalvation/
  5. Jed Smith did source music, but not for any specific composer.

Sure are keeping the name of the composer under wraps.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    moviescore wrote
    I'm sure Erik means Brian Tyler and it looks like a very likely choice, IMO.

mc

Actually, I meant Brian Transeau.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2008 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    Jed Smith did source music, but not for any specific composer.

Sure are keeping the name of the composer under wraps.

Or maybe McG hasn't gotten around to picking one yet. Although judging by his love for the Terminator films, perhaps he'll try to get Brad Fiedel to come back. It's been a LONG time since we've had a Fiedel score. I wouldn't be opposed to someone out of the blue other than McG's usual suspects (B.T., Shearmur, Beck).

Erik Woods wrote
    Which is why they shouldn't make a third Batman movie. Termintor was awesome and then James Cameron out did himself with T2. Nolan, sort of did the same. I still prefer Batman Begins but The Dark Knight was just as solid. But as with both franchises I think going to a third film is stretching it and T3 proved that.

Terminator Salvation has Jonathan Nolan on board as lead writer (I think he did heavy script revisions, hence first billing), who also co-wrote his brother's scripts for The Prestige AND The Dark Knight -- if that's not a GOOD sign, then I don't know what is. And not every third film is the usual below-par... LOTR: Return of the King anyone?

I think it's ridiculous to think that BB and TDK should be left as is... there's much more story to tell, and if Nolan and co. return then I'm sure we'll get a good movie. Regardless if that happens, people's expectations are going to be sky high and some will inevitably be disappointed. It's the nature of things.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Matt C wrote
    Terminator Salvation has Jonathan Nolan on board as lead writer (I think he did heavy script revisions, hence first billing), who also co-wrote his brother's scripts for The Prestige AND The Dark Knight -- if that's not a GOOD sign, then I don't know what is. And not every third film is the usual below-par... LOTR: Return of the King anyone?

I think it's ridiculous to think that BB and TDK should be left as is... there's much more story to tell, and if Nolan and co. return then I'm sure we'll get a good movie. Regardless if that happens, people's expectations are going to be sky high and some will inevitably be disappointed. It's the nature of things.

You are going againsts the odds my friend! I really hope that Terminator 4 and Batman Redux 3 are good but the cards are stacked against them no matter who is writing what.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008 edited
    I'm not so sure about Terminator Salvation (since it does have a really good writer and actor on board, but with McG on board the film will be under heavy scrutiny), but Batman Redux 3 does have the odds against it... even more doubly so with Ledger's untimely death.

It's a shame, I would've loved to see Ledger in a third Batman film and what he'd do a second go-round as the Joker.
    • CommentAuthorKrish4479
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008
    Brian Tyler would be a good choice. I would love to hear his take on Fiedal's original theme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, and it would be exactly the same as every other score he's produced lately. Great.
  6. lol

You're so right, Steven biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Steven wrote
    Yeah, and it would be exactly the same as every other score he's produced lately. Great.

The same holds true for most of Steve Jablonsky's scores too. moon
  7. OK, well that's true too biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Matt C wrote
    Steven wrote

Okay...?
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Steven wrote
    Matt C wrote
    Steven wrote

Okay...?

lol
    • CommentAuthorKrish4479
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008
    "Yeah, and it would be exactly the same as every other score he's produced lately. Great."

Hey I just want to hear Tyler's take on the classic Terminator theme.