• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008
    So do I to be honest. I'd prefer to hear Giacchino's though if he were to do it, he's another young composer who respects past film scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Tyler - Giacchino - Lennertz. My finalists if I was the producer.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not sure about Lennertz but couldn't agree more on the other 2.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    So do I to be honest. I'd prefer to hear Giacchino's though if he were to do it, he's another young composer who respects past film scores.

Agree. Would love to hear Tyler's and Giacchino's takes and i wholly agree with what Steven's saying here, these 2 gents seem like the (only?) ones that are currently able to fully comprehend a score of the past and integrate the best bits of it in their music with utmost respect and acknowledgment of the very past's musical culture and importance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008 edited
    Agree with both of you, although I would be happy too if Beltrami comes back. He did a pretty good job with T3. Damn, my top 3 is now a top 4 tongue

My god I didn´t remember McG is directing the film vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Not sure about Lennertz but couldn't agree more on the other 2.

What's wrong with Lennertz?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    This SO could be his first big assignement. But highly improbablle I´m afraid.
  1. Brad Fiedel, stick with him
    He created such a wonderful sound for the first two movies and Beltrami did his best to incorporate that sound in the third (at least in parts)

Fiedel, we want Fiedel back punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Brad Fiedel, stick with him
    He created such a wonderful sound for the first two movies and Beltrami did his best to incorporate that sound in the third (at least in parts)

Fiedel, we want Fiedel back punk

biggrin beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Agreed.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    I'm for fiedel too. His sound worked very well with the films.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008
    Marselus wrote

My god I didn´t remember McG is directing the film vomit

McG did direct We Are Marshall... which I see as an apology for forcing Charlie's Angels 1 and 2 onto the general public. And like I said earlier, T4 has the benefit of Jonah Nolan and Christian Bale's involvement.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008 edited
    omaha wrote
    I'm for fiedel too. His sound worked very well with the films.

Indeed! It may not make great stand alone listening but Fiedel's scores do exactly what a film score is supposed to do in a picture.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorKrish4479
    But McG lied about getting James Cameron's blessing for T4. How do we know for certain that Jonah Nolan was involved in polishing the script? I not going to reward a director who uses deceptive tactics by going to see his film at least not for now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Beat me senseless or call me Judy, but I liked Beltrami's score for T3. So he's got my vote for the fourth movie. And if he's unavailable, why not try McCreary? He's doing a good job with the Terminator series, and it would be interesting to know if he's got some alternate improvisations of the old Fiedel music up his sleeves.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I like T3 a lot too, it's one of my favorite Beltrami scores and i certainly can't stand the originals so you're not alone.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I like T3 a lot too, it's one of my favorite Beltrami scores and i certainly can't stand the originals so you're not alone.

I'm with you there all the way but as scores written for film, Fiedel's scores fit like a glove.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I'm with you there all the way but as scores written for film, Fiedel's scores fit like a glove.

Indeed, not a fun listen alone but while accompanying the film his music is as though it is a main character.
  3. Yeah. It's pretty strange that the composer hasn't been announced yet, too.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2008
    Krish4479 wrote
    But McG lied about getting James Cameron's blessing for T4. How do we know for certain that Jonah Nolan was involved in polishing the script? I not going to reward a director who uses deceptive tactics by going to see his film at least not for now.

I think it was a mistake by McG to say it was a blessing. Cameron recommended Sam Worthington to McG after shooting for Avatar wrapped and they talked about T4 before it filmed, I probably would've seen it as a good sign, but not a blessing, per se.

I really think it depends on how the situation unfolded. I'd really like to hear McG's response to Cameron's comment about the whole thing.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  4. For me it all sounds like one big misunderstanding. McG must have known there would be a massive backlash if he lied about something that important. So I guess it is a matter of misinterpretation on both sides.
  5. According to this FSM:
    http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0

McG has some ... weird thoughts about who will score.

I know someone has been onboard as the composer. My research left me with that Chriostophe Beck was going to be asked, but didn't end up for some reason, and that the likely canidate was Edward Shearmur.

Got to say: I am sick and fuckign tired of Gustavo. And if true and he does the score, that will just give him another damn award.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. Danny Elfman will score it.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/01/09/ex … salvation/

I am really, really disappointed at the moment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2009
    Nooo! Why, WHY?! crazy crazy cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    As I just said in the other thread: BRILLIANT NEWS!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    As I just said in the other thread: BRILLIANT NEWS!

Absolutely!
  7. Why vomit ? I'm not a great Elfman fan but this can only be much better than Fiedel's and Beltrami's scores...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Danny Elfman will score it.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/01/09/ex … salvation/

I am really, really disappointed at the moment.

How uninspired. Shearmur or Beck would have been AWESOME choices.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2009 edited
    Antineutrino wrote
    Why vomit ? I'm not a great Elfman fan but this can only be much better than Fiedel's and Beltrami's scores...

Beltrami's effort was Ok. For those iching for an orchestral Terminator score got it but IMHO Fiedel's efforts, especially on T2, was remarkable. It's shit music on it's own but what a vital character it became in the film. Man, makes me want to watch T2 tonight.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Antineutrino wrote
    Why vomit ? I'm not a great Elfman fan but this can only be much better than Fiedel's and Beltrami's scores...

Beltrami's effort was Ok. For those iching for an orchestral Terminator score got it but IMHO Fiedel's efforts, especially on T2, was remarkable. It's shit music on it's own but what a vital character it became in the film. Man, makes me want to watch T2 tonight.

-Erik-

100% agree on all points beer