• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Strange, that their hasn't been a discussion topic of this composer, considering he gave us the cool Transformers

Anyhoo, Transformers is one cool ride, and I've mixed his track (You're a Soldier Now) over the teaser and trailer of Transformers,and mixed it together. It's one of my finest trailers, check it out if you dare wink

Transformers (You're A Soldier Now) http://www.mediafire.com/?bv31smgi90t
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. He bro, did you know he wrote the mini-score for the 'The Hire' series of BMW-commercials. It's for the one directed by John Woo. The main theme he wrote for that segment is great. I must watch it again sometime.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. DreamTheater wrote
    He bro, did you know he wrote the mini-score for the 'The Hire' series of BMW-commercials. It's for the one directed by John Woo. The main theme he wrote for that segment is great. I must watch it again sometime.

stop with the nonsense and get back to work, dad's here and he's watching your every move biggrin
  4. Hahaha, very funny, you nearly had me there!!! wave
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. DreamTheater wrote
    Hahaha, very funny, you nearly had me there!!! wave

better believe it bud, ask him tonight or tomorrow tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2008
    Transformers, I really enjoyed that score. In a professional way, he mixed many themes. The sound is not new but the music is overwhelming. This score was maybe a rip-off of some themes and tracks of big composers like Zimmer and Badelt, but the result was perfect for the concept of the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2008
    Listening to D-War right now... tracks like "Battle in the sky" sound pretty cool! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008
    The lowest price copy of the Transformers score on Amazon.com is now $242.

Why does Jablonsky not have more projects? Say what you will about the quality of his music, it's obvious that some people really enjoy it...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm not trying to be a smart-ass or anything, but I assume he gets work when Hans tells him he can have work. It's not like people think "Gee, I really want Steve Jablonsky to score this film" it's a case of phoning up Zimmer and finding out which RC composers he will assign to the project. I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong.
  6. Southall wrote
    I'm not trying to be a smart-ass or anything, but I assume he gets work when Hans tells him he can have work. It's not like people think "Gee, I really want Steve Jablonsky to score this film" it's a case of phoning up Zimmer and finding out which RC composers he will assign to the project. I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Absolutely not...

Michael Bay decides... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's busy working on a video game project, or two. Some of these don't even get reported until they've been done for a while.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2008
    lp wrote
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's busy working on a video game project, or two. Some of these don't even get reported until they've been done for a while.

No offense to Steve, because i LOVE some of his music...but some of those scores sound like they were thrown together in like, 3 days. They have some cool ambient sound design, but his Command & Conquer score, for example, is at the very edges of what I would consider music....
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2008
    New Assignment, VIDEO GAME SCORE:

Steve Jablonsky scores Gears of War 2 soundtrack

source : www.music4games.net | http://www.music4games.net/News_Display.aspx?id=991
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    New Assignment, VIDEO GAME SCORE:

Steve Jablonsky scores Gears of War 2 soundtrack

source : www.music4games.net | http://www.music4games.net/News_Display.aspx?id=991

Shame that Kevin Riepl didn't get first stab at this (I assume he was bypassed). His score for the first Gears of War was excellent.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    That's very interesting.
    I still don't understand why he's not getting more high-profile FILM projects after Transformers.
  8. Riepl wrote in February 2008 blog entry:

"Guess you might have heard by now....Gears of War 2 is in development. Slated to be released this November 2008.

Work has begun on creating the dynamic emotional score for the epic story of survival, loss and retribution...oh yeah and killing Locust....lots of locust!!! Stay Tuned for more news. Not sure what much else I can share...other than, this sequel is going to kick ass!!!"

And the page on his site for the samples is gone, though the credit is still there.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Scribe wrote
    That's very interesting.
    I still don't understand why he's not getting more high-profile FILM projects after Transformers.

He can score all the games he wants to as far as I'm concerned. Stay away from the films.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    He will also score Transformers 2 - Revenge of the Fallen which is no suprise at all.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ … rotf/13580
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Dom wrote
    He will also score Transformers 2 - Revenge of the Fallen which is no suprise at all.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ … rotf/13580

Nice! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2008
    http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=cQga6jAq1To

punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2008 edited
    STEVE JABLONSKY - Gears Of War 2

CD COVER

http://www.hans-zimmer.com/~hybrid/jabl … FWAR2.jpeg

Label : Sumthing Else Music Works

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits :

Steve Jablonsky :
    Composer

Clay Duncan :
    Additional Music

Pieter A. Schlosser :
    Additional Music

Release date : 11/11/08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tracklist :

Return Of The Omen
    Hope Runs Deep
    Green As Grass
    Expectations
    Finally, A Lead
    Armored Prayer
    Hold Them Off
    Derrick Chase
    Building Thunder
    Hell Breaks Loose
    Bedlam
    Breakneck
    Landown
    Racing To Extinction
    If They Can Ride Em
    Hollow
    Unexpected Changes
    March Of The Horde
    Highway
    Denizens Of The Deep
    With Sympathy
    Insurmountable Odds
    Bump In The Night
    Frenzy
    Outpost
    Finale
    Autumn Of Mankind
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2008
    This is another iTunes release, right?
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2008
    lp wrote
    This is another iTunes release, right?

It will be released on a CD. Check Amazon.
  9. Although the chance to hear another Jablonsky score is good, it's a shame that Kevin Riepl wasn't allowed to follow-up on the original Gears of War - that was a good score.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2008
    I think Jablonsky's score will be far better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I agree with Alan, Riepl's score is quite good. I hope Jablonsky produces another Transformersesque score.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    God, I hope not.

Transformers is easily one of the most overrated MV scores I've heard, period. Not to mention the film itself was pure drivel. I doubt the sequel (or its score) will be any improvement.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Fair enough.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Matt C wrote
    God, I hope not.

Transformers is easily one of the most overrated MV scores I've heard, period. Not to mention the film itself was pure drivel. I doubt the sequel (or its score) will be any improvement.

Damn! And I was sooooo looking forward to seeing it on DVD slant wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Weird how the same thing is perceived so differently among people. I thought TRANSFORMERS was the last modern score i heard with good, old-fashioned FUN written all over it, shamelessly big, loud and with the 80s-90s big-ass Media Ventures themes that too are SUCH FUN to go through, only made bigger and better 'cause of its time of release which means far better sound, less fake that is, and much better arrangements. I love it, it's a fun ride from note one to the end and it reminds me of some of the reasons i even started listening to and loving film music in the first place.