• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2014 edited
    Thor wrote
    I saw the film yesterday and LOVED it!! Far, far better than no. 2 and 3.

That's not saying much. ANYTHING is better than Transformers 2 and 3.

Thor wrote
    And the music was brilliant too -- I'm looking forward to experiencing the album.

Brilliant? dizzy

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2014
    Yup. Not everything, of course, but LOADS of highlights.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    spin
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Film sucks donkey ass from what reviews are suggesting. RT suggests the latest film is the worst. But i liked the music smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. That studio: All gear no idea.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2014 edited
    Yup, the score is exactly the kind of instantly likeable (yet never loveable) effort you'd expect from Jablonsky in this franchise. Instantly made it into my music-for-running list. Straightforward, melodic, strong, superficial.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    So the new Transformers film has the highly regarded Thor Seal of Approval, huh? The words 'final', 'nail' and 'coffin' spring to mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2014
    biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh and, reading the movie reviews: yeah. Obvious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2014 edited
    Michael Bay is a fantastic auteur director, but quite often misunderstood (although PEARL HARBOR is still shit).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yes, and Tyler Bates is a fantastic but misunderstood composer wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Michael Bay is a good special effects supervisor, but he should never helm the ship.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote
    Yes, and Tyler Bates is a fantastic but misunderstood composer wink

He's not of Jablonsky's caliber, IMO, but he's done some good things -- especially in his early years -- that I wish he had expanded upon further. There's nuance in almost everything -- it's not all black/white.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    Michael Bay is a good special effects supervisor, but he should never helm the ship.

You just reiterated THE number one prejudice against Bay, and the very reason he's misunderstood.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's not prejudice when the reasons are entirely justified. He is just awful, and his films are a testament to his talent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bay is an awful feature film director. He should have never left the commercial and music video world where his style is a perfect fit. He has a fantastic eye but can't tell a good story to save his life.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Michael Bay is fantastic if you know what his filmatic project is, and the audiovisual trademarks that run through his filmograhy. And if that sounded arrogant, it was intended thus.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. popcorn
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    Michael Bay is fantastic if you know what his filmatic project is, and the audiovisual trademarks that run through his filmograhy. And if that sounded arrogant, it was intended thus.

I have no doubt that you believe that, in much the same way a person could imagine an empty room to be art. But if you put that room in an art gallery, you expect to see paintings. When you go to the cinema, unless advertised otherwise (to preempt your straw-clutching at the 'visual experience' of such things), you expect -or at least hope for- some form of narrative that doesn't completely insult the intelligence of a retarded 5 year old kid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I enjoy some of Bay's work. Some of it leaves me indifferent, while I actively dislike other films of his.
    For the rest:
    Captain Future wrote
    popcorn

yeah

What? You were expecting some kind of nuanceless diatribe from me?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bay is like eating a really rich cake, one or two bites is alright but try and finish it will make you ill.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Bay is like eating a really rich cake, one or two bites is alright but try and finish it will make you ill.

The cake at least has the virtue of wanting to return to it after some time, even if it's not exactly good for you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    Thor wrote

I have no doubt that you believe that, in much the same way a person could imagine an empty room to be art. But if you put that room in an art gallery, you expect to see paintings. When you go to the cinema, unless advertised otherwise (to preempt your straw-clutching at the 'visual experience' of such things), you expect -or at least hope for- some form of narrative that doesn't completely insult the intelligence of a retarded 5 year old kid.

I disagree. I don't think an original 'narrative' has ever been the reason for Bay doing movies. Like other visually oriented directors, a narrative is only a tool through which they can realize other ideas.

Bay -- like Ridley Scott, James Cameron, Tim Burton or even David Lynch -- have never been about gripping narratives and plotlines. If you judge their films based on that, you're misunderstanding or at the very least overlooking what they're mostly about.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm curious, have they discovered the cure for cancer in your universe? In our universe, we've discovered the Higgs boson, so I'm sure we'd be happy to swap and compare notes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Bay -- like Ridley Scott, James Cameron, Tim Burton or even David Lynch -- have never been about gripping narratives and plotlines. If you judge their films based on that, you're misunderstanding or at the very least overlooking what they're mostly about.

Derp, derp, derp!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Well, cheap shots are easy....
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    They are when the target is so clear, yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Oh, well....I was hoping for a constructive pro/con debate. I've debated Bay many times, and have my arguments practically lined up! smile
    I am extremely serious.