• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorColSharpe
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2009 edited
    Looks like Linkin Park IS working on the Transformers 2 SCORE. cry

www.firstshowing.net/2009/04/30/update- … mers-invol vement-with-transformers-2/

Steve Jablonsky stated:
    "In a nutshell, Michael Bay sent the new Linkin Park song over to my studio. Hans and I had a listen, and we both thought it was really cool, and it might be interesting to try incorporating some of those elements into the score. So we got the guys from the band down to the studio and talked about how to do that. They're all really cool guys and really excited about adding some of their sounds to the score."
    "But I am still the composer on this film. It has all gotten rather complicated. The film is BIG, and now that we've got Linkin Park involved, Hans has kind of been helping me keep the production on track, because I'm so focused on writing the score at the moment."
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2009
    I'd guess LP's involvement would be more like Buckethead's contribution on THE LAST ACTION HERO or Orbital's on EVENT HORIZON....
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Perhaps. I just hope the score isn't filled with wailing distortion guitars tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    i think it's safe to assume that the score would be based off the precedent set with the first film...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I actually liked the themes from the first score and am eager to hear them back here!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LINKIN PARK!?????????????

OH
    MY

Srsly.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Is that a positive or negative reaction, D? wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I like much of Linkin Park's music (as well as other Nu Metal). I think it will be a fine contribution to the score.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I think LINKIN PARK are one of the most vomit-inducing and fake bands to emerge in years. Can't find any difference between - Jonas Brothers (for instance) and them; the same ol' gay lyrics, melodramatic and over the top crying-boyband-like singing (girrrrrrrrrrrllllllllllll *blah blah blah* giiiiiirrrrllllllllllllll) only LP are trying to play it more "mature", "serious" and "angry" at times. The same recycling musical recipe each time, the same over the top and noisy loud mixes etc etc. So;

OH
    MY
    GOD

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    dgoldwas wrote
    i think it's safe to assume that the score would be based off the precedent set with the first film...

I rally hope so. I know Linkin Park only by the name, I have not actually heard anything about them, but I don´t care. I don´t want a band to be involved in a score. Period. Yeah, as if I was the one making the decisions here.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. DemonStar wrote

www.firstshowing.net/2009/04/30/update- … mers-invol vement-with-transformers-2/

Steve Jablonsky stated:
    "In a nutshell, Michael Bay sent the new Linkin Park song over to my studio. Hans and I had a listen, and we both thought it was really cool, and it might be interesting to try incorporating some of those elements into the score. So we got the guys from the band down to the studio and talked about how to do that. They're all really cool guys and really excited about adding some of their sounds to the score."
    "But I am still the composer on this film. It has all gotten rather complicated. The film is BIG, and now that we've got Linkin Park involved, Hans has kind of been helping me keep the production on track, because I'm so focused on writing the score at the moment."

I was worried for a bit, but having read 'But I Am Still the Composer on this Film' assures me that at least Jablonsky will want to repeat the sound of the first

I hope so, because it really works
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Steve Jablonsky stated:

I was worried for a bit, but having read 'But I Am Still the Composer on this Film' assures me that at least Jablonsky will want to repeat the sound of the first

Yeah but at the same time he says "Hans and I had a listen, and we both thought it was really cool, and it might be interesting to try incorporating some of those elements into the score". I don´t like when the RC guys say things like this.
  2. Marselus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Steve Jablonsky stated:

Yeah but at the same time he says "Hans and I had a listen, and we both thought it was really cool, and it might be interesting to try incorporating some of those elements into the score". I don´t like when the RC guys say things like this.

perhaps, but I think this will be only a small portion of music, like for instance the chase scene in the first when that metal song replaced a portion of movie music

perhaps the tune will be so disguised that you think it is movie music
    Hans knows what to do with that fact, hence the reason he's there
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    perhaps, but I think this will be only a small portion of music, like for instance the chase scene in the first when that metal song replaced a portion of movie music

perhaps the tune will be so disguised that you think it is movie music
    Hans knows what to do with that fact, hence the reason he's there

Hope you are right. I don´t like it when a band manages to place its sound in a film score. Actually what I don´t like is when a director gets obsessed with the idea of giving a band the power of getting involved in a film score, and forcing the real composer to work with them.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I think LINKIN PARK are one of the most vomit-inducing and fake bands to emerge in years. Can't find any difference between - Jonas Brothers (for instance) and them; the same ol' gay lyrics, melodramatic and over the top crying-boyband-like singing (girrrrrrrrrrrllllllllllll *blah blah blah* giiiiiirrrrllllllllllllll) only LP are trying to play it more "mature", "serious" and "angry" at times. The same recycling musical recipe each time, the same over the top and noisy loud mixes etc etc. So;

OH
    MY
    GOD

wink

Linkin Park are rubbish.

....and the Jonas Brothers.... vomit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    99% of all people of my age here are Linkin Park devotees. I'm probably the only guy out here who will not be rejoicing when the news spreads. tongue

Not that a single one of those 99% give a damn about the score anyway. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2009
    http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Reve … amp;sr=8-2

Beautiful album art! wink
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2009

Very eye catching.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009
    I don't think you guys have to worry about the score. And that artwork is AWESOME!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009 edited
    dgoldwas wrote
    I don't think you guys have to worry about the score.

I am not entirely sure what you mean by that. Seems to me it could mean...

#1) it's so terrible that its not worth worrying about

#2) it will be released on CD

#3) its good so we shouldn't worry about whether or not it will be

#4) Linkin Park's involvement won't ruin the score

#5) or something else?

smile

i like to overanalyze things
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009
    No, it means that the score probably kicks ass wink 'xcept for bloody Linkin Park.

3. woohoo, best cover yet
    and I have no doubt this score will deliver the same kind of fun as the first offered
    and don't get me started on the movie, this one will blow us all away shocked
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009
    Track List according to amazon.de:

1. New Divide
    2. 21 Guns
    3. Let It Go
    4. Capital M-E
    5. Never Say Never
    6. Burn It to the Ground
    7. Burning Down the House
    8. Not Meant to Be
    9. Real World
    10. Don't Think I Love
    11. This Is It
    12. Almost Easy
    13. Transformers [The Fallen Remix]

Not really that much cues, but hopefully there are some longer ones... quite sure this score is going to be quilty summer pleasure!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Fallen Remix? Wow, I just love how they feel the need to put a remix on score albums these days. Just love it.

Fuck sake.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I just heard his SIMS 3 score; what a bunch of vomit-inducing soulless mickey-mousing!
    • CommentAuthorcyasick
    BasilB wrote
    Track List according to amazon.de:

1. New Divide
    2. 21 Guns
    3. Let It Go
    4. Capital M-E
    5. Never Say Never
    6. Burn It to the Ground
    7. Burning Down the House
    8. Not Meant to Be
    9. Real World
    10. Don't Think I Love
    11. This Is It
    12. Almost Easy
    13. Transformers [The Fallen Remix]

Not really that much cues, but hopefully there are some longer ones... quite sure this score is going to be quilty summer pleasure!

Looks like this is the soundtrack listing, not the score listing. There are two separate CD's, and the score tracklisting hasn't come out yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Yes, it seems to be the songs CD, not the score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I just heard his SIMS 3 score; what a bunch of vomit-inducing soulless mickey-mousing!

Not unlike the majority of todays film music then.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    DemonStar wrote
    Yes, it seems to be the songs CD, not the score.

Well, on amazon.de it is posted as the socre track listing... surely they could have made a mistake.

This would give as hope for a socre realise without remixes then... ;-)