• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010 edited
    Transformers certainly had its moments, but it stopped after just a few suites and tracks in between. Not enough to sustain my interest. It seemed like he took a lot of time to compose the key moments, but couldn't be bothered to keep that same level. And that's with all his works, to me: a few moments (like the main titles in Elm Street over here) and utter generic, boring by-the-numbers stuff in between. And the sequel to Transformers didn't catch my attention at any point in the film, which is almost a first to me with Bay (except for the Bad Boys II score of course) since I usually very much enjoy that loud, bombastic fun in music (when done properly). smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2010 edited
    edit
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands Main Theme - Steve Jablonsky (PS3/Xbox360/PC version)

Gears of War 2 meets middle east punk punk

WANT
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Marselus wrote
    Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands Main Theme - Steve Jablonsky (PS3/Xbox360/PC version)

WANT

It's not bad. It is as derivative as a Jablonsky score usually is, but it's not a bad listen. But Harry's score is a much much better score than Jablonsky's score could ever be, if you were to ever incongruously compare them together.
  1. Marselus wrote

WANT

Strange but the soundtrack rip that comes with the special edition of the game lists Tom Salta as the composer. I'll check it out later. Youtube doens't work here at work.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2010
    lp wrote
    Marselus wrote

WANT

It's not bad. It is as derivative as a Jablonsky score usually is, but it's not a bad listen. But Harry's score is a much much better score than Jablonsky's score could ever be, if you were to ever incongruously compare them together.

Of course Gregson-Williams' score is better as a whole, but Jablonsky's main theme is terrific.

DreamTheater wrote
    Strange but the soundtrack rip that comes with the special edition of the game lists Tom Salta as the composer. I'll check it out later. Youtube doens't work here at work.

Steve Jablonsky wrote the score for the PS3/Xbox360/PC versions of the game while Tom Salta wrote the music for the NDS and Wii versions.
  2. Thanks for clearing that up. But I can't say apart from the theme that it warrants a listen. There is much better VG music out there.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2010
    Transformers: Dark of the Moon announced for 2011. Hope J's scoring, i love what he did for Transformers so far.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2010
    They've promised a darker and more serious story (if that's possible given the subject matter!) so hopefully he can be a bit more dramatic than he was in 2, which was definitely (to me) a step down from the original. Most of the new material was disturbingly close to Zimmer's superior Angels & Demons score from a bit earlier in the same summer...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2010
    Really? I thought 2 was more dramatic and with slower parts than 1.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2010 edited
    1 is a classic already. Well, at least if you think this kind of stuff can be called classic. I do. Arrival on Earth must be one of the most searched score tracks on the net after the movie hit.

2 had some nice new themes and quite satisfying new versions of the old ones. Some great stuff was missing on the CD, but at least this time we got a score release without us begging them to death.

If 3 gets darker and more dramatic, we may not get a lot of the heroic stuff, but since SJ´s themes for the Decepticons have been nothing but excellent, I am still looking forward to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011
    New cd release: YOUR HIGHNESS
    Composed by: Steve Jablonsky

More info:
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … PRE-ORDER/
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2011
    ‘Your Highness’ Soundtrack details

Here’s the soundtrack album tracklisting:

1. Let Us Quest! (4:29)
    2. Isabel The Strong (4:30)
    3. Goodbye My Tinys (2:53)
    4. Best Man (1:26)
    5. The Greatest Most Beautifullest Love Song In All The Land (1:33)
    6. The Virgin Is Plucked (3:04)
    7. Not In My Castle (1:43)
    8. Leezar’s Date, Belladonna’s Hate (1:21)
    9. Playful Secrets! (1:52)
    10. Mean Knights And Horsies O’ My! (3:16)
    11. Here Come The Marteetee (2:27)
    12. A Fistful Of Snakes (1:47)
    13. Isabel Thrashes (2:36)
    14. Muldiss Darton, City Of Lore (1:39)
    15. The Same Betrayal As Before (:59)
    16. Labyrinths And Humps (5:21)
    17. Kill-Trophy And The Warrior’s Birth (1:45)
    18. The Effening (1:02)
    19. Tis I, Thadeous The Hero (1:57)
    20. Heroes Unite (1:05)
    21. Orgy Of Violence (6:35)
    22. ‘Til We Meet Again (1:50)
    23. Way Of The Warriors (1:11)
    24. Thadeous (3:52)
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2011 edited
    My imagination is expecting a strange amalgamation of Transformers, Eshkeri's The Young Victoria, and The Sims 3? slant
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Scribe wrote
    My imagination is expecting a strange amalgamation of Transformers, Eshkeri's The Young Victoria, and The Sims 3? slant

*lol* :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2011
    YOUR HIGHNESS

http://www.amazon.com/Your-Highness-Ste … bsnr_42_75
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2011
    you can hear some score samples on the YOUR HIGHNESS website.

http://www.yourhighnessmovie.net/epk.php#/home

the music sounds really good. lovely themes and good instrumentation. sounds like a fun score. it could be steve's best score to date.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bold statement for sound clips.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    i find the 6 sound clips really good for a jablonsky score. but you're right, we have to wait for the complete cd or more sound clips from the cd.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2011
    Anyone know if the score for Transformers 3 is getting a release?
  3. I heard that the release was pushed back by July 7th.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2011
    OK, hopefully that's true.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2011 edited
    Don't worry, the score album will be coming. There's even a cover and tracklisting online:

1. Dark On The Rock
    2. Sentinel Prime
    3. Lost Signal
    4. In Time You’ll See
    5. Impress Me
    6. What War Destroyed, We Can Rebuild
    7. Battle
    8. There Is No Plan
    9. We All Work for the Deceptions
    10. The Fight Will Be Your Own
    11. Driller
    12. No Prisoners, Only Trophies
    13. Ospreys
    14. It’s Our World Now
    15. I’m Just the Messenger
    16. I Promise
    17. The World Needs You Now

source: http://filmmusicreporter.com/2011/06/20 … m-details/
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm listening to the first TRANSFORMERS now, as I'm doing my "composer of the month" on Jablonsky in a week's time, and it strikes me again just how incredibly influential Powell's "Bourne riff" is. Just listen to "Deciphering the Signals"....:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeJ4_M1DLio
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ha, ha...and what about that Thomas Newman/AMERICAN BEAUTY thing in "Sam at the Lake"?

I like the score, but the temp track or whatever it is is coming through here and there.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2011
    There was a time (and still do, but a bit more scarcely) everyone copied Newman, before he decided to vanish from the earth.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    There was a time (and still do, but a bit more scarcely) everyone copied Newman, before he decided to vanish from the earth.

You have already forgotten about his score for The Adjustment Bureau?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No, great score. But anyway you see it, his star (thanks to the studio execs, directors and producers' policies) shines way less than what he did in the 90's and its' a shame 'cause he's truly one of the greats imo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2011
    Just came back from a press screening of TRANSFORMERS 3. My God, what a mess! shocked
    I am extremely serious.