• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008
    Yes.

Mixing up the characters of some of those track titles, results in "The Matrix".
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ....how?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    Is there a reason why 'Switch' or 'Switched' is used in 10 of the 30 tracks names from The Matrix deluxe edition?

I think it's Davis playing with Anagrams of "The Wachowski Brothers." Also, isn't Switch a character?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, but I just thought it odd for a minor character to be mentioned 10 times! I love easter eggs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    Is there a reason why 'Switch' or 'Switched' is used in 10 of the 30 tracks names from The Matrix deluxe edition?
    Wasn't Switch a character? slant

Edit: forget me, ty.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Read above...?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Steven wrote
    Read above...?
    Yeah well, i was stuck on page 1 when i replied... sad
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  1. Of course, Switch is the name of a character in The Matrix. I think it is used for fun reason - few times it simply replaces the word Bitch (Cold Hearted..., On Your Knees), sometimes it's just a joke (Switched at Birth), sometimes it helps with building anagrams for Wachowski Brothers.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2008
    Or maybe Davis had a crush on Switch.

Either way, if there was any doubt that Davis was the snarkiest composer when it comes to track names, this new Matrix clearly drives the point home. Refer to his Bound, Unsaid and House of Frankenstein albums for further confirmation.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  2. "Cloud Atlas", a film by the highly overpraised Matrix guys:

I'm intrigued by the cast that's coming together for "Cloud Atlas," the next film by the Wachowskis. Halle Berry let slip during a recent press conference that she's planning to appear in the film next summer with Tom Hanks and Natalie Portman

"I’m going to do a movie probably in the summer with the Wachowskis ... A really interesting movie [that is] sort of [like] what they did for 'The Matrix', they have another really amazing idea that’s sort of gonna stretch our brains even further."

Story:
    The book is comprised of six parts that are loosely connected. There is a naive clerk on a nineteenth-century Polynesian voyage; an aspiring composer who insinuates himself into the home of a syphilitic genius; a journalist investigating a nuclear plant; a publisher with a dangerous best-seller on his hands; and a cloned human being created for slave labor. These five stories are arranged around a sixth, which focuses on the history of a post-apocalyptic island.

Amazon.com story summary:
    There is a naïve clerk on a nineteenth-century Polynesian voyage; an aspiring composer who insinuates himself into the home of a syphilitic genius; a journalist investigating a nuclear plant; a publisher with a dangerous best-seller on his hands; and a cloned human being created for slave labor. These five stories are bisected and arranged around a sixth, the oral history of a post-apocalyptic island, which forms the heart of the novel."

"gonna stretch our brains even further."???

Where exactly did they stretch their brains before? They took a common sci0fi idea and added no real depth to it, then presented a first movie with potential, and quickly dashed that by providing some of the most odaweful sequels ever made. "further?" That must be a REAL SHORT TRIP!!!

Anyway, maybe Davis will have something to do.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Or Giacchino.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. I think Davis' The Matrix is to be performed by an orchestra to the movie at the Royal Albert Hall in October.

Links to follow. (I'm on the mobile phone at the moment.)

Now THAT'S something I'd want to see!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2011 edited
    It is, and I'd really like to go.

Perhaps an MT meeting is in order?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2011
    Could well be? October is a long way away but I'm in, circumstances depending.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. I'd really like for something to be sorted out for a meeting. I'd imagine that hearing this live would be a great experience. I wonder if the composer will be involved in some way?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. Definitely up for this! Work permitting as usual unfortunately. Have also booked tickets for John Williams in Tanglewood again after last year's mind bogglingly brilliant show, hope I get to go!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2011
    John Chambers wrote
    Definitely up for this! Work permitting as usual unfortunately. Have also booked tickets for John Williams in Tanglewood again after last year's mind bogglingly brilliant show, hope I get to go!

Sounds brilliant! Did you get to meet him after? I hear he's much more difficult to get close to than in years past.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. Didn't even try to meet him, the number of people at pinewood is astounding, it is an awe inspiring venue with lush scenery and well worth the long drive from Boston. I just sat back and enjoyed the show!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2011
    I'm interested!
  8. Not much more information but here's the link to Matrix Live.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2011
    Just got back from the Matrix Live and it was very, very good! The songs in the movie were just played through the speakers, although they did use Davis' finale cue in its entirety and played a suite over the end credits.

My only quibble is some of the percussion was pre-recorded and tracked in, but other than that a very strong performance!
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2011
    If you're interested, the next performance of THE MATRIX LIVE will be on Thursday November 4th with Don Davis himself conducting the Houston Symphony.

For tickets, get 'em here:
    http://www.houstonsymphony.org/calendar … px?id=4165
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2011
    Also, on Friday October 14, a record release party for Don's new Rio De Sangre album was held at the home of John and Tammy O'Connor.  In attendance were Florentine Opera Company General Director William Florescu, conductor Joseph Rescigno, soprano Kerry Walsh, tenor John Duykers, translator Alicia Partnoy and composer Don Davis, as well as other notable guests.

http://riodesangre.com/galleries/cdrelease/

The album is currently available from Albany Records and is on Amazon.com
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
  9. I was sad to see that Don Davis wasn't working again with the Wachowski's on Cloud Atlas, would be a perfect project for him.

By the way, this movie looks awesome. The trailer is one of the best I've ever seen, and the music does help a lot in that aspect.

Must say, this one is surely one to watch
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2012
    What's the music from?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

By the way, this movie looks awesome. The trailer is one of the best I've ever seen, and the music does help a lot in that aspect.

Must say, this one is surely one to watch

Wow, impressive trailer. I didn't even know about the movie.

Too bad Davis is not on board, but Tykwer / Klimek / Hail did a great job on The Parfume.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Damn i am checking it out now on imdb, TOM TYKWER is co-directing?!? You failed to mention that! Also score by Reinhold Heil
    Johnny Klimek and Tom Tykwer, count me in! Thanks for the headsup!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    My God, this is amazing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Demetris wrote
    My God, this is amazing!

Indeed tt is