• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    PRODIGY.RULE.BIG.TIME!

Well, i pretty much like hard stuff, like bands i always follow through the years - even now, no matter what: MACHINE HEAD, SEPULTURA, SOULFLY, KATATONIA, MY DYING BRIDE, KORN, some stuff by KREATOR and such.

As for softer stuff, i love KENT, COLDPLAY, RADIOHEAD, MUSE

Oh and i absolutely ADORE MASSIVE ATTACK
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2008 edited
    Ah yes I do remember some of your taste now D smile

I'm not familiar with most of the heavy stuff you mention ( in fact Korn is all I've heard and it's not really my thing ) but I certainly appreciate Radiohead and Massive Attack. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLerias73
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2008 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    What the topic title says really. Everyone has different musical tastes within the film music territory, yet not everone stays in it. What are the kinds of music you like to listen to other than what you keep returning to this forum for?

NP In my ipod:

Clinic - Do it!
    Duffy - Rockferry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhZ5-L9znt8

Holy Fuck - Lp
    Ladytron - Velocifero
    My Morning Jacket - Evil urges
    Nada Surf - Lucky
    Portishead - Third
    Santogold - Santogold
    The Last Shadow Puppets - The Age of Understatement
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2008 edited
    Lerias73 wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    What the topic title says really. Everyone has different musical tastes within the film music territory, yet not everone stays in it. What are the kinds of music you like to listen to other than what you keep returning to this forum for?

NP In my ipod:

Clinic - Do it!
    Duffy - Rockferry
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhZ5-L9znt8

Holy Fuck - Lp
    Ladytron - Velocifero
    My Morning Jacket - Evil urges
    Nada Surf - Lucky
    Portishead - Third
    Santogold - Santogold
    The Last Shadow Puppets - The Age of Understatement

Only recently heard 'Last Shadow Puppets' and I really like! cool

What do you think of Portishead 'Third'?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLerias73
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote

It's great, altough my first reation was some disappointment. The album is very diversified, as it
    goes from a folk ballad to a strong drum rhythm based techno song, which makes it a hard listen in
    the beginning, but it grows in you. If you have the chance, go seem them live, as the album makes
    even more sense in concert. Furthermore, they are having a ball playing the new ones.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2008
    Someone made the quotes implode again. slant wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    fixed it wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thank you D. kiss
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Lerias73 wrote
    Timmer wrote

It's great, altough my first reation was some disappointment. The album is very diversified, as it
    goes from a folk ballad to a strong drum rhythm based techno song, which makes it a hard listen in
    the beginning, but it grows in you. If you have the chance, go seem them live, as the album makes
    even more sense in concert. Furthermore, they are having a ball playing the new ones.

I'll get to check it out sooner or later. I've seen Portishead live a few times but that was a few years ago now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Christodoulides wrote

punk

They were awesome when I went to see them. Fantastic group!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

punk

They were awesome when I went to see them. Fantastic group!

I see them about sometimes, Grant lives around the corner from me and Del Naja I see occasionally. Nice guys too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2008 edited
    I love classical music, mostly from the Romantic period. Some of my favorite composers are Gustav Mahler, Jean Sibelius, Richard Wagner, Richard Strauss, Ludwig van Beethoven, William Walton, and Pyotr Tchaikovsky. I also enjoy some Christian rock and '60s music, though not as much as classical.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2008
    TheTelmarine wrote
    I love classical music, mostly from the Romantic period. Some of my favorite composers are Gustav Mahler, Jean Sibelius, Richard Wagner, Richard Strauss, Ludwig van Beethoven, William Walton, and Pyotr Tchaikovsky. I also enjoy some Christian rock and '60s music, though not as much as classical.

Make sure to join some of us over at Now Playing ( Off Topic ), some great classical choices there. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2008 edited
    Ah, thanks, Timmer! Will do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2008 edited
    hmm I 've experimented with lot of genres.
    Singer-songwriter: Tom Mcrae : just like blood : best songwriter and singer ever for me
    Electronic : the knife, prodigy, massive attack ( their best album is off course "danny the dog" wink ), Max Richter
    pop : Timbaland, Zucchero ( yes idd smile ), black eyed peas
    Hiphop : Wu Tang, mobb deep, army of the pharao's

But all this music is inferior to filmmusic. :p
  1. All music has its place in the world, but not all music has a place in our hearts... Gettin' philosophical at this hour? shame

Zucchero has a great voice for a popsinger, shame we don't hear him anymore.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2008
    DreamTheater wrote
    All music has its place in the world, but not all music has a place in our hearts...

Nice on!
    VERY nice one.
    I like it, Gilles. A lot. smile

Zucchero has a great voice for a popsinger, shame we don't hear him anymore.

Very true. I'm not crazy about most of the compositions he sings, but the man HAS got a voice on him.
    I love his Baila Morena song.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. If not listening to scores (which I do in 90 % of the time), I listen to stuff like Loreena Mc Kennitt and Clannad or to early music. From time to time I need my dose of Within Temptation, Evanscence, In Extremo, Subway To Sally, or Manowar (and yes, I know the latter´s texts are ridiculous, that´s part of the fun). On a depressing day, I might turn to David Sylvian.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2008
    Manowar's music rules. Their lyrics are well......you know wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2008 edited
    There was a text creator somewhere on the internet that took Manowar´s standard vocabulary and put it together to create new lyrics. I can´t find it anywhere, but it was fun as hell, since the new lyrics made not much less sense than the actual stuff they do.

But I am absolutely in love with their Triumph of Steel album, though; beside that fantastic 30 minutes suite on Achillea and the Illias, it contained their best stand alone songs to date, I think. Spirit Horse of the Cherokee, The Demon´s Whip, and, of course, Master of the Wind are fantastic tracks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2008 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    But I am absolutely in love with their Triumph of Steel album, though; beside that fantastic 30 minutes suite on Achillea and the Illias, it contained their best stand alone songs to date, I think. Spirit Horse of the Cherokee, The Demon´s Whip, and, of course, Master of the Wind are fantastic tracks.

Seconded! I only have one more Manowar album (Louder Than Hell), though not in the same league, it contains one out of this world instrumental track that simply punk .
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. Yeah, I know which one... if you want another highlight, get the album Kings of Metal; it contains some more absolute highlights like Heart of Steel and The Crown and the Ring, which should make every Manowar fan sweat blood and cry war. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2008
    Anyone into

PANTERA
    MACHINE HEAD
    SLAYER
    MESHUGGAH
    KORN
    the old SEPULTURA
    SOUFLY
    ?

Love them and are the only bands from my metal past which i revisit frequently with great joy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Yeah, I know which one... if you want another highlight, get the album Kings of Metal; it contains some more absolute highlights like Heart of Steel and The Crown and the Ring, which should make every Manowar fan sweat blood and cry war. wink

And kill Posers biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anyone into

PANTERA
    MACHINE HEAD
    SLAYER
    MESHUGGAH
    KORN
    the old SEPULTURA
    SOUFLY
    ?

Love them and are the only bands from my metal past which i revisit frequently with great joy.

CRIPES! shocked

Such great taste in film music too!? wink

You'll just have to excuse me cos with few exceptions Metal is fucking shit!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Yeah, I know which one... if you want another highlight, get the album Kings of Metal; it contains some more absolute highlights like Heart of Steel and The Crown and the Ring, which should make every Manowar fan sweat blood and cry war. wink

And kill Posers biggrin

With the Power of the Steel! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2021
    Thor wrote
    Aaargh....I wouldn't know where to start!

I'm a completist (which translates as HUGE FAN) of the following artists/groups: Supertramp, The Alan Parsons Project, Pink Floyd, Jean Michel Jarre, Oingo Boingo and Rammstein. In general, I like 70's and 80's prog rock, "classic" rock a la Creedence or Jerry Lee Lewis, vocal surf pop a la Beach Boys, etc.

Lots of electronic music as well, ranging from pioneers such as Jarre, Tangerine Dream, Vangelis, Kraftwerk to 80's electropop such as Hammer or Faltermeyer or Moroder to more experimental, industrial stuff like Einstürzende Neubauten or SPK or Future Sound of London to funky 90's "DJ" house/prog trance such as Oakenfold, Tiesto, Van Dyk, Max Graham, Underworld to "goa" psytrance a la Juno Reactor, Astral Projection, Shpongle etc.

Oh, and I also love classical music, lots of jazz and some contemporary rock/pop.

I find that the situation is pretty much the same today as it was 13 years ago. But I'm curious to hear if your favourites have changed since then (by 'your' I mean the 5 people who still post on the boards).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2021 edited
    [sorry, wrong topic]
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor, have you listened to all of Jean-Michel Jarre's new album, Amazônia?

I've listened to some clips and read some of the reviews and it seems that most of the playing time features jungle noises with bits of music sometimes overlaid on top of the jungle. Is this true?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2021 edited
    I have, yes. It's great. Shades of the 45-minute title track from WAITING FOR COUSTEAU. There are sound effects in it, but that's because it's supposed to be a 'sonic immersion' more than a regular album. Hence the availability in 5.1 and binaural (which I obviously do not have access to; I have a regular stereo system).

But it's great to hear that he can do these kinds of ambient, gorgeous soundscapes still. If you haven't heard it, I recommend you check it out on Spotify or something. I assume you don't have a surround system in your house?
    I am extremely serious.