• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. The sole purpose of this game is to show you another selection of hidden gems. Often an average album can still contain a moment of brilliance, a track that dazzles, a moment that silences you for a second. This game wants to show that there are moments that do it to me every single time. If you wanna play then think at least of these little stats:

- 20 Tracks: guess the score and the composer + a Bonus track (5 points worth)
    - Each correct answer is 1 point, so 20 x 2 + bonus of 5 makes for 45 points to earn
    - All samples are in chronological order and most are fairly recent. Tip (no score before 1980 is featured in the game considering I'm young and most guys here are as well).

Of the 20 scores know this:
    - 2 (one of them is the bonus cue) are so far unreleased (meaning these samples come from a promo)
    - The remainder all received an original soundtrack release

The purpose of this game is not to see who knows his scores, but to enlighten you of brilliant music found in lesser known films or scores. This could be an extremely easy game (apart from several moments) but I want people to go and search for these albums after the game has ended. Because most scores are still purchasable at online websites. And it's time you people find out those scores through these little samples.

Here are your hints: wink

- Sample 1: one of the classic movies of the early '80, made by a now famous albeit not beloved director
    - Sample 2: Perhaps one of the most celebrated composers outside Hollywood, you can find various different albums from this film
    - Sample 3: One of the composer's very first scores, this still young composer writes too few nowadays and is stuck to melodrama whenever it happens
    - Sample 4: one of the beloved composers of the '80 and early '90 gives us an epic thundering main theme for this sequel. The score is now for sale for a whopping 150$ at Screen Archives
    - Sample 5: This composer needs no introduction anymore, and this score came one year before his most epic score of all time (starring a fish man for goodness sake)
    - Sample 6: A fast movie needs a fast score, and yet the composer gives us a soothing yet epic finish here, hope you brought your parachute
    - Sample 7: The man is a chameleon and he sends this little princess away with one of his most charming melodies
    - Sample 8: This is the promo piece, but what a wonderful way to start your day with, if only the geese could hear this
    - Sample 9: Oh my god, you wrote this? You surely gave your various Oscar wins a reason to glitter even more (he didn't win an Oscar for this score)
    - Sample 10: Hmn, a MV boy composed this?
    - Sample 11: A heavenly send off, go you son of ...
    - Sample 12: Suck my ..., and the composer filled in the rest biggrin
    - Sample 13: One of the great tune writers of the last couple of years, thank god Intrada knows how to confirm his talent
    - Sample 14: Babe, you would've felt out of place here, you little pig
    - Sample 15: Well, at least this video game franchise received an orchestral score, it seems Hans taught him well wink
    - Sample 16: If only circus people could soar every time on this music, I would visit their amazing stunts more often
    - Sample 17: The composer of sample 2 strikes again, with now one of his best and most known works of all
    - Sample 18: An epic tune for a man who writes for documentaries, his name is the same as this world's most legendary composer
    - Sample 19: Love is good he said, and there the composer went underlining it with his famous and catchy style
    - Sample 20: What the hell are those Things? Hold on, we're hitching a ride, ... and boom this cue popped up the screen
    - Bonus Sample: The biggest theme of all, and it didn't feature even on the soundtrack. Thank god for composer websites and promos

Hope this one is much easier
    http://rapidshare.com/files/110730018/H … Part_2.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/?btd1ywmmfgl

Let the Games Begin smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Sent my answer.

Actually, I lurk around here for a while now, but never really get a chance to submit the answer. This is definitely my first post here.

Some of the clips are very familiar. I think I heard clip#8 from somewhere, but I can't really put the finger on it. Others? Not so much...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2008
    Napas, welcome aboard mate!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Napas, welcome aboard mate!

Ditto! smile beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. The Grey Pilgrim wrote
    Sent my answer.

Actually, I lurk around here for a while now, but never really get a chance to submit the answer. This is definitely my first post here.

Hey I'm honored wink

Anyhoo, The Grey Pilgrim and Southal make a good entrance, yet the new leader is Jupe

Playing this Game: 3

2. The Grey Pilgrim & Southal: 17 points smile

Guessed the Bonus: The Grey Pilgrim punk
  4. Now who thinks they can do better?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2008 edited
    Again, too hard for me. But I recognise the theme from track 5...

Someone please let me know what number 6 is though!

And number 20...I'm very interested to see which movie this is from. wink
  5. Anthony wrote
    Again, too hard for me. But I recognise the theme from track 5...

Someone please let me know what number 6 is though!

And number 20...I'm very interested to see which movie this is from. wink

it seems most people can recognise more clips than my previous game
    ah well biggrin

Ps, thanks for adding me on Facebook smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2008
  6. update

We have a new leader

Playing this Game: 4

2. Jupe: 22 points
    3. The Grey Pilgrim & Southal: 17 points

Guessed the Bonus: The Grey Pilgrim punk

Perhaps we know the winner? But where is Franz, Alan and Bregt for goodness sake smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2008
    Yeah, later. Perhaps tomorrow.
    It just started! biggrin wink
    Kazoo
  7. Bregt wrote
    Yeah, later. Perhaps tomorrow.
    It just started! biggrin wink

don't worry, I guess it will run until the end of the weekend! But I'm counting on you bud to keep the Maintitles fame high wave

So don't let us down tongue
  8. Franz is coming. He hasn't heard the clips yet, but the smell of victory is in the air. Hopefully it's my smell and not someone else's.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2008
    "Smell of victory in the air"

That reminds me of the mighty WORMS! You sneaky worm!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2008 edited
    I've just sent off my (meagre) suggestions. This time I'm making a bit for the current bottom spot. And I'm quite confident.

Tommy_Boy wrote
    The purpose of this game is not to see who knows his scores, but to enlighten you of brilliant music found in lesser known films or scores...

Shouldn't this sort of clip selection be put into a separate topic highlighting "little-known" gems rather than being the basis of a game? It would be interesting to have a place where people could showcase little-known scores.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  9. update
    Bregt closes in, Alan is so far last! But don't worry Alan, Christodoulides will relieve you soon biggrin

Playing this Game: 6

2. Jupe: 22 points smile
    3. Bregt: 20 points moon
    4. The Grey Pilgrim & Southal: 17 points crazy
    5. FalkirkBairn: 10 points shame

Guessed the Bonus: The Grey Pilgrim, FalkirkBairn & Bregt

Now we all await Franz' soaring victory! Or will someone surprise us?
  10. It seems everybody wants TomTom to win! Well I guess the weekend will not change that wink
    Or will it????
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2008
    Leave 'em on for quite some more time please, I'll get back to the broadband land tonight and who knows, you might start crying on loosing your victory after all mouahaha.

yeah; right
  11. I've decided to play along, though I've heard some scores once before on the recommendation of Thomas there are that leave a big ?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  12. update
    DreamTheater makes a nice intro, Alan is still last! But don't worry Alan, Christodoulides is ready to play biggrin

Playing this Game: 7

3. Bregt: 20 points
    4. DreamTheater: 18 points
    5. The Grey Pilgrim & Southal: 17 points
    6. FalkirkBairn: 10 points

Guessed the Bonus: The Grey Pilgrim, FalkirkBairn & Bregt punk

And now Franz and Chris and the gang's complete
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I do a second guess tomorrow, should me get at least a couple of more points.
    Kazoo
  13. I must do a first guess! I keep getting to the end of a day feeling too tired to do this. dizzy
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    I must do a first guess! I keep getting to the end of a day feeling too tired to do this. dizzy

Cue Arnold's Godzilla theme for Michael's arrival wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    I must do a first guess! I keep getting to the end of a day feeling too tired to do this. dizzy

Cue Arnold's Godzilla theme for Michael's arrival wink

biggrin

I'm guessing you're not referring to the John Barry one. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2008
    Sent some guessed, will get an averagy score. Track 3 has managed to drive me completely insane. I've heard it a billion times before, but just can't place it.

Peter slant
  14. update
    Plindboe doesn't do badly at all, Alan is still last! But don't worry Alan, Christodoulides is ready to play

Playing this Game: 8

3. Bregt: 20 points
    4. DreamTheater: 18 points
    5. The Grey Pilgrim & Southal: 17 points
    6. Plindboe: 15 points
    7. FalkirkBairn: 10 points

Guessed the Bonus: The Grey Pilgrim, FalkirkBairn & Bregt punk

I'll keep this game going until monday, so people can throw in a second guess, or one final victory sweep! Yeah that's to you Franz smile
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    Hi. I'm new here. Where do I send my answers?

-Ranietz-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Send them in a private message to Tommy_Boy. If you're not sure how to do that, click his name at the top of a post and it will take you to his profile. Then click ''Send message to Tommy_Boy''. wink
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    Thanks. I just have to figure out some more cues first. smile
  15. Anthony wrote
    Send them in a private message to Tommy_Boy. If you're not sure how to do that, click his name at the top of a post and it will take you to his profile. Then click ''Send message to Tommy_Boy''. wink

Excuse me for all the new guys here, but that's Mister Tommy_Boy ok? biggrin
    And happy to have you here Ranietz wink