• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2008 edited
    Windows Media Player? Winamp? iTunes? Or perhaps the good old CD player? What media player do you use and why?

One point for Winamp here! smile

It's just quick. Not a memory hog like iTunes, no annoying layout like WMP, just good ol' get-the-hell-on-with-it software! punk
  1. Windows Media Player, I find it easy and reliable
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    iTunes because I'm used to it and I have an iPod. My Macbook can handle it with 2GB of RAM and a 2Ghz Core Duo 2 processor... cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2008
    I feel a war coming on...

I use iTunes. I've never encountered a problem with it yet... with the exception that it's a memory hog. But I've used the app. since it was first introduced on the PC many years ago and I'm perfectly happy with it. I love it's interface and it's seamless integration with my iPod.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    iTunes is slow and indeed a memory hog angry WinAmp does the trick nice and easy. Still... I do use iTunes sometimes... shame Well, nobody's perfect, aight?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2008
    I have to use several....Windows Media Player, VLC, Realalternative, Quicktime, iTunes. Simply because the formats aren't compatible with one another. sad
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Winamp!

Winamp plays almost every format, except RealPlayer. Quick, handy, easy for playlistings, ...
    Kazoo
  2. I tend to use Creative MediaSource 5 as my player. I've grown used to it in manually transferring tracks on to my mp3 player and I use it to change track titles, add track info such as dates, etc.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2008
    I use Itunes...have since it was introduced to windows, then I got my Ipod a couple of years ago. I like the way it works and I think it is pretty simple. It MAY be a memory hog, but I don't usually have a problem with it.
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    winamp all the way, no competitor in ALL aspects.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Winamp.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. I also use Winamp.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Does anyone else despise RealPlayer? It's just popup after popup after new startup item and desktop icon. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    For music I generally use Winamp, but really use 'em all at one time or another.
    Whatever is most convenient or appropriate.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Does anyone else despise RealPlayer? It's just popup after popup after new startup item and desktop icon. slant

I dislike it so much i use REAL ALTERNATIVE wink
  5. WinAmp for MP3
    Windows media player for audio CDs, videos
    Quicktime for trailers
    And... my PS3 for everything!!!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oh, I use VLC for video and DVD.

Two programs, that's all. cool
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    iTunes -- for music
    (Occasionally WMP)
    Nero -- for anything video; it's ok. Not the best -- but I got it for free.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2008
    Yeap, i too have winamp and VLC MEDIA PLAYER / GOM PLAYER for the rest. Nothing more needed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    Anthony wrote

YES...I think realplayer is terrible, I avoid it at all costs!!!
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    WMP for random digital audio or video stuff

Videolan for other vids that require special codecs.

iTunes for Music/iPod management. Yes it's a memory hog, and it's the one reason I'd like something else, but my computers are superfast so it's negligible. And since all of my music have been organized using the Apple directory since the beginning, it'll be a nightmare to convert to a different program.
    • CommentAuthorAlthazan
    Winamp also.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Can Winamp play DVDs??? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Yes it can. It can play, rip and burn CDs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2008
    I've converted to WinAmp! It's like a breath of fresh air! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2008
    jedizim wrote
    Anthony wrote

YES...I think realplayer is terrible, I avoid it at all costs!!!

Except when listen to my shows. wink

Actually, you can use Real Alternative to listen to my shows... no pop-ups, no bull-shit.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Windows Media Player? Winamp? iTunes? Or perhaps the good old CD player? What media player do you use and why?

I use iTunes. Why? Because I haven't really tried anything else. And I'm a Mac user. wink
  6. I already have a Creative Zen 60GB Vision:M with all my "favourite tracks". I had been using part of the space to hold whole CDs but for a while I've wanted to have a separate player for these.

So, I've just bought a 32GB Creative Zen player. I've been interested in trying out a flash memory player and I noticed that Amazon had £100 off this player. Even so, that still made the player £150.

Looking forward to trying this out.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2008
    i dont have pop ups in my real player.

i use winamp, mostly because itunes uses too much ram.

i used to use itunes when i listened to pop music cause i cuold just put it on shuffle, but with film music i tend to just pick a score...or a compilation..or a track or wahtever.

also the inability for the newer versinos of itunes to shuffle within a playlist irked me and i just said screw it to itunes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2008
    tjguitar wrote
    also the inability for the newer versinos of itunes to shuffle within a playlist irked me and i just said screw it to itunes.

What do you mean? Of course you can shuffle within a playlist.

-Erik-