• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2008
    OK, I'll speak for Bregt.
    Behave.
    Or I'll ban you all.
    I might do that anyway, because I happen to be in a particularly foul mood this evening.
    So shut up.
    And give me booze.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Martijn wrote
    OK, I'll speak for Bregt.
    Behave.
    Or I'll ban you all.
    I might do that anyway, because I happen to be in a particularly foul mood this evening.
    So shut up.
    And give me booze.

Yes sir Mr. Martijn (salute) beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. I took care of Bregt like I said I would regarding the site design. tongue
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    justin boggan wrote
    I took care of Bregt like I said I would regarding the site design. tongue

Nah, I haven't felt much of your resistance yet. tongue
    Kazoo
  3. Have you seen franz here recently? I took care of him. tongue
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2008 edited
    What about taking care of your older votes in the TOP THREE topic next, Justin? biggrin

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … s/#Item_17
  4. BANG.

There -- it's taken care of. biggrin

"look up"? That's too much work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    My thought exactly. I have no problem with leaving it as it is. Especially since your first vote included three, not two James Newton Howard titles... tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    So, how about that Edelman guy, eh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    What about him, I heard he´s busy anyway. wink

Honestly, I love his scores for Dragonheart and Daylight, and I dig his themes for Dragon and Come See The Paradise, so I´m looking forward to his Mummy score. I´m not sure he can handle the full power orchestra he´s got, but his themes are very memorable and uplifting, so I can´t wait to hear what he will do with this stuff. Will he reuse some Goldsmith or Silvestri material? I doubt it. But we´ll see. Ehm... hear.
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2008 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    There's a difference between "being on top of it" and simply having read what is being discussed. I may have come across condenscending in your opinion, but at least I didn't call you a name, like ... oh -- you did:

Dwayne Dibley wannabe said:
    You don't have to be an ass about it.

Would you also like to know if Intrada has released "Carpicorn One" yet?

I guarantee anyone that read what you said will say you were being condescending. It's not that big of a deal, but if you're going to dish it out expect to get some back, that's all.
  5. Next time, instead of calling me or anyone else an "asshole", just forego all the unpleasantries and read the darned thread.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2008
    Hey hey, quiet down and behave boys. Moderation is back and strong tongue kiss
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That's IT, mister.
    You're BANNED!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    ...so say we all! wink
  6. Gosh now, we were talking about Mommy 3, right? Something by some composer who did Demonheart or some sort film, eh? ;-)

I, for one, look forward to what he does. Goldsmith's score never really got me, and I hated Silvestri's overblown, bland effort (really big films don't seem to be his forte).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Well, I loved Goldsmith's score, but Silvestri was, indeed, a little overblown. I love it... when taken in by small pieces (the endcredits suite, for example, LOUD punk ).

In a perfect world, Edelman will combine best of those scores with his excellent sense of powerful thematics, in a score thats thrillingly macho, yet scarily subdued, while thematicly referencing to both of those who've gone before lick (seriously, am I the only one who catches a few notes of Goldsmith's The Mummy on the website? confused ).
  7. I thought The Mummy Returns was one of Silvestri´s best scores in years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I thought The Mummy Returns was one of Silvestri´s best scores in years.

Yeah, well... that too tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    justin boggan wrote
    Gosh now, we were talking about Mommy 3, right? Something by some composer who did Demonheart or some sort film, eh? ;-)

Mommy 3? Demonheart?

You're kidding right?
  8. He just got a jordi in his meal.
  9. NOTE: Some posts by Justin Boggan may contain "implied sarcasm"; to help the reader, sometimes a winking "eye" is used at the end. Please refernce the winking eye when making mental determinations as to the sarcastic content of a Justin Boggan post.
    Discontinute is a rash developes.

;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    justin boggan wrote

One is at a loss for words...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2008
    Martijn wrote
    justin boggan wrote

One is at a loss for words...

Littercy cat nose whot hes tolking aboot! cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008
    I got the Gettysburg score for my birthday. It's ok, though not a favorite. Edelman's themes are what really draw me into that one, but most other aspects (his orchestration, the fact that nearly all the battle music is played by synths, etc.) just don't impress me that much.
  10. 1996 was such a good year for Edelman: Daylight, Diabolique and Dragonheart!!

Love the thematic material in Dragonheart and (especially) Daylight.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008
    Dragonheart is a favourite of mine. Motorcycle Assault from xXx is a terrific action cue! I'm waiting to see what he comes up with for the Mummy movie!
  11. THE MUMMY: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Randy Edelman

Brendan Fraser
    Jet Li
    Maria Bello

The blockbuster global Mummy franchise takes a spellbinding turn as the action shifts to Asia for the next chapter in the adventure series, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. Brendan Fraser returns as explorer Rick O’Connell to combat the resurrected Han Emperor (Jet Li) in an epic that races from the catacombs of ancient China high into the frigid Himalayas. Rick is joined in this all-new adventure by son Alex (newcomer Luke Ford), wife Evelyn (Maria Bello) and her brother, Jonathan (John Hannah). And this time, the O’Connells must stop a mummy awoken from a 2,000-year-old curse who threatens to plunge the world into his merciless, unending service.

Doomed by a double-crossing sorceress (Michelle Yeoh) to spend eternity in suspended animation, China’s ruthless Dragon Emperor and his 10,000 warriors have laid forgotten for eons, entombed in clay as a vast, silent terra cotta army. But when dashing adventurer Alex O’Connell is tricked into awakening the ruler from eternal slumber, the reckless young archaeologist must seek the help of the only people who know more than he does about taking down the undead: his parents.

As the monarch roars back to life, our heroes find his quest for world domination has only intensified over the millennia. Striding the Far East with unimaginable supernatural powers, the Emperor Mummy will rouse his legion as an unstoppable, otherworldly force...unless the O’Connells can stop him first. Now, in The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, the trademark thrills and visually spectacular action of the Mummy series will be redefined for a new generation.

For the third chapter of the MUMMY saga, Randy Edelman takes over the composing reins and conjures up a sandstorm of orchestral armageddon.

Universal Pictures opens The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor on August 1.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 916 2
    Release Date: 07/29/08
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008 edited
    Randy Edelman conjures up a sandstorm of orchestral armageddon.

Well, I think they outdid themselves coming up with this being the one small piece of information about the actual product they want to sell... rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008
    The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Format: CD Discs: 1
    For the third chapter of the MUMMY saga, Randy Edelman takes over the composing reins and conjures up a sandstorm of orchestral Armageddon.

If you go to http://www.colosseum.de/colosseum/index.php you can see a small thumbnail of the CD COVER.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.