• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. for whatever reason, but I'm quite looking forward to this one smile

RANDY EDELMAN
    The Pacific Flow To Abbey Road

The Pacific Flow To Abbey Road is the first brand new studio album in over 20 years from legendary singer/songwriter Randy Edelman. This very personal album — recorded in California and in London at Abbey Road Studios — is classic Randy Edelman and will delight his many fans.

These days, Randy is best known for his movie scores, including such major films as Last Of The Mohicans, The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor, Dragonheart, Gettysburg, to name just a few. Randy also composed the NFL Football theme and the official on-air Olympics Theme, both for NBC. But throughout the ’70s and ’80s, Randy was an acclaimed singer/songwriter whose songs became hits for Barry Manilow (“Weekend In New England”), Carpenters (“I Can’t Make Music”), Jane Olivor (“You”), The 5th Dimension, Jackie De Shannon, Olivia Newton-John, Kool & The Gang, and Agnetha Fältskog (of ABBA®).

In 2010 he completed scoring Leap Year, starring Amy Adams, and has travelled doing film score seminars in Tel Aviv, Israel, at Spain’s Úbeda Music Festival and at the Sundance Institute.

Randy will be actively promoting The Pacific Flow To Abbey Road, including live performances — both in America and abroad — where he will showcase the new album along with his many successful songs.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 067 066 2
    Release Date: 04/05/11

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ … fic/Detail
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2011
    Here's RANDY EDELMAN from 1976 when he had a big hit in the UK with this song, it's a very pleasent ditty.

oh, and dontcha just love his hair and 70's fashion sense cheesy wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer wrote
    Here's RANDY EDELMAN from 1976 when he had a big hit in the UK with this song, it's a very pleasent ditty.

hehe indeed, nice song though
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2011
    Timmer wrote

He, he...yeah, and the swingin' girls in the background! smile

Haven't heard the song before, but it has a John Miles feel to it. Liked it.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2011
    plindboe wrote
    William wrote
    Edelman's The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor is... yuck. Really, I can't believe I dislike it this much (it has cool cover art! tongue), but I do. The themes are blatantly overused, and get to be extremely annoying. Granted, there are a couple good moments the score has to offer, but these do not in any way make up for the negative aspects of the score. What a shame.

I worship this score, from beginning to end. I truly don't understand why so many people dislike it. Super catchy themes, little boring underscore, constantly entertaining.

Peter punk

I agree... the score is very underrated. I like the themes a lot. Debney's music is very good too.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2011
    His Kindergarten Cop score is pretty good. Lighthearted and funny for the most places.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  3. plindboe wrote
    William wrote
    Edelman's The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor is... yuck. Really, I can't believe I dislike it this much (it has cool cover art! tongue), but I do. The themes are blatantly overused, and get to be extremely annoying. Granted, there are a couple good moments the score has to offer, but these do not in any way make up for the negative aspects of the score. What a shame.

I worship this score, from beginning to end. I truly don't understand why so many people dislike it. Super catchy themes, little boring underscore, constantly entertaining.

Peter punk

I'm with you on this one Peter (though we can't agree on some Morricone scores). I just love the themes in this one.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. KevinSmith wrote
    His Kindergarten Cop score is pretty good. Lighthearted and funny for the most places.

Wow. I never thought I´d read such a thing here. Indeed, this is one of his best scores regarding to what it does to the movie. Perfect.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2011
    Funny = Fluffy
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  5. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

Wow. I never thought I´d read such a thing here. Indeed, this is one of his best scores regarding to what it does to the movie. Perfect.

it's a typical Edelman score, lighthearted and fun in one way, suspenseful and threatening in the other, but I absolute love it in the movie itself. On CD it doesn't always feel good, but I definitely enjoy it
  6. The cable channel FX is developing a series based on the film "The Last of the Mohicans". It's too early to tell, but I wonder if they'll use the theme or even ask him to score it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  7. justin boggan wrote
    The cable channel FX is developing a series based on the film "The Last of the Mohicans". It's too early to tell, but I wonder if they'll use the theme or even ask him to score it.

This should be in the TREVOR JONES thread. wink
  8. With my final 3 reviews (The Boy Next Door, Balls of Fury and Underdog) I conclude for now my Edelman update. 39 reviews of this forgotten hero isn't bad. smile

Next big composer update coming, a not forgotten hero at all, namely Georges Delerue smile
  9. justin boggan wrote
    The cable channel FX is developing a series based on the film "The Last of the Mohicans". It's too early to tell, but I wonder if they'll use the theme or even ask him to score it.

Doing a quick search, it looks like this new went anywhere. I don't see any news about it after 2013 and there's no IMDb page for it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  10. Backdraft 2?
    Okay, where on blood earth did this one come from?
    Still, a bit curious to see how this one turns out tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2019
    Yeah, I've known about that for a while. I kinda like the clips on Intrada's site, although by no means near Zimmer's masterpiece. But it has some its DNA.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2019
    Haha, I'm just as surprised. Didn't even know this was ever in development!