• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2008 edited
    I just had to get out of the box and do something different for a couple of hours, so I did this little rhythmic piece with a trumpet solo coda, just for fun. Let me know what you think... I know I could spend much more time on the details and the actual build-up isn't 100 % what I would like it to be... but it was just for fun so...

http://www.moviescoremedia.com/mikaelca … orcade.mp3

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2008
    Very cool intro. cool

The trumpet motif is perhaps not so strong, but I like it how it merges and disappears in the strings.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2008
    Sweet percussion. I really do need a ton more percussion samples for GarageBand so I can do some stuff.

The build up from 30 seconds on was the highlight for me though! smile

applause
  1. Nice rhythmic introduction, Mikael. I would have liked to see some variations of this strong aspect of the piece.

This introduction and the trumpet coda seemed to be two separate ideas stuck together - maybe I'm missing something. I would certainly like to hear both halves developed into two separate pieces. If you could make sure it could be played by a cornet then my daughter Rachel could have a go at it. And David, who has just started drum lessons could (eventually) do the percussion part!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2008
    Yeah, you are right Alan, that's two ideas fused together... but just like most of my other film music demos, this is intentional. Imagine a cut from the motorcade to another place, a slower scene with dialogue (maybe a speech?)...

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008 edited
    Wow, sweet piece of music! I agree with Alan, though; I think it would be a definite improvement to better connect the two ideas, or at least carry the first idea into the background while the second is playing... But otherwise, I like it very much! Keep writing... wink