• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2007
    It's a very simple answer.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    It was far more easy to put your shoes or boots on in the dark during the 14th to the 16th century here in Britain than it is today.

TRUE or FALSE ?

cheesy

Just for a change I've decided to move the goal post on this question. I can tell you ALL of you got it correct, it is TRUE!

But now I want to see which one of you ( or anyone who hasn't played yet? ) can tell me WHY it's true biggrin

And the very last bump
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    No heels on the shoes.
    Just step into them?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2007
    Bregt wrote
    No heels on the shoes.
    Just step into them?

Getting closer.........
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    A few more guesses:

*People slept with their shoes on.
    *The shoes didn't have any back side, so one could put the feet directly in them.
    *Shoes were much bigger back then.
    *They had slaves to put their shoes on for them, and the slaves used their sense of smell to detect the shoes and feet.
    *They used fluorescent shoes back then.
    *Fairies put the shoes on using magic wands.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    A few more guesses:

*People slept with their shoes on.
    *The shoes didn't have any back side, so one could put the feet directly in them.
    *Shoes were much bigger back then.
    *They had slaves to put their shoes on for them, and the slaves used their sense of smell to detect the shoes and feet.
    *They used fluorescent shoes back then.
    *Fairies put the shoes on using magic wands.

Peter smile

biggrin

....and ALL wrong!

It's so simple.....when you know the answer wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2007 edited
    Answer coming within half an hour of me bumping this now.

C'mon Martijn.....get this one and the new music quiz and you could score a Christmas hat trick?! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2007
    Ummmm, I think this one may have to do with the fact that there was very little difference in making shoes.

Wait up, I think I have it (though I'm not sure): wasn't there like a standard mold for shoes?
    I mean for all shoes? So no difference between right and left shoes? I'm sure I've read something like that.

If it's not that, I have no clue, as all the best guesses already have been taken. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Ummmm, I think this one may have to do with the fact that there was very little difference in making shoes.

Wait up, I think I have it (though I'm not sure): wasn't there like a standard mold for shoes?
    I mean for all shoes? So no difference between right and left shoes? I'm sure I've read something like that.

If it's not that, I have no clue, as all the best guesses already have been taken. sad

CORRECT!

Martijn YOU are a friggin GENIUS! punk

Well done, totally spot on.

So simple when you know the answer cheesy

All you have to do now is beat Michael in the 'guess the score' game and you'll have that X-mas hat trick.......not too tall an order....is it? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Well done, totally spot on.

Oh YEAH, baby!
    I AM that good! biggrin

All you have to do now is beat Michael in the 'guess the score' game

Oh NO, baby.
    I'm not THAT good. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2008
    The late Country & Western singer Johnny Cash was the very first American to learn of the death of Russian leader Josef Stalin.

TRUE or FALSE ?

wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    yeap
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. arghh why not, True wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2008 edited
    How could you be so sure, was he present at his death? confused

Still... it's the kind of sentence I don't think you would make up. Ah, well, True, then.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    yeap

Sitting on the fence D? wink Yeap ( Yeap? dizzy ) 'True' or Yeap ( Yeap? spin ) 'False'.

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ah, I see, a combination of YEAH and YUP cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    As in TRUE wink
  2. Timmer wrote
    The late Country & Western singer Johnny Cash was the very first American to learn of the death of Russian leader Josef Stalin.

TRUE or FALSE ?

True!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2008
    Where's Martijn?

Hasn't been around much recently??
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2008
    Timmer wrote

TRUE or FALSE ?

wave

Well done everyone, it was indeed....

TRUE!

Johnny Cash was stationed with American armed services in Germany translating Russian Morse Code for Decoding and was the very first American to learn of Stalin's death.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008 edited
    wave

A LIGER is the offspring of a Male TIGER and a Female LION.

TRUE or FALSE ?

This one is for you Bregje smile

....but everyone else can play too wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I thought it was a type of ale, but what the hell...FALSE (it's obviously called a TION).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008
    FALSE!
  3. False!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Very true. Fascinating animals. And yes, Thor, there are tigons too.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008
    I don't find lions very fascinating somehow.
    But I say TRUE as well. Sounds familiar.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2008
    Thor wrote
    I thought it was a type of ale, but what the hell...FALSE (it's obviously called a TION).

What? Like a LAGER but without the 'A' ?! biggrin cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote

That's right, bro! wink beer
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2008
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

That's right, bro! wink beer

biggrin beer

I'll leave this up for one more day, answer some time tomorrow? wink
  4. Got to be false!
    If in doubt, let the wookie win