• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008
    Last chances, answer in a few hours.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008
    It looks weird (the word, not necessarily the creature wink ) but I think it's TRUE.
    I feel terrible that I do not know for sure, I think I should know these things!
    But I get the feeling I heard or read the word before and I've definitely seen one on TV once, I just don't remember for sure what it was called.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    wave

A LIGER is the offspring of a Male TIGER and a Female LION.

TRUE or FALSE ?

This one is for you Bregje smile

....but everyone else can play too wink

I think most of you ( yeah, and you too Bregje kiss ) knew this was a real animal , but, the answer is.....

FALSE!

A Liger is the offspring of a MALE LION and a FEMALE TIGER.

The correct term is a TIGON....reverse the roles....MALE TIGER and FEMALE LION.

Hope no one's confused? dizzy cool smile

Well done everyone who said FALSE! beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008
    punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    How tricksy! I knew ligers and tigons existed but didn't know which species had to be the father or mother.

Ligers are fascinating btw. The biggest cats in the world. For some reason when a male lion and female tiger mates the result is a giant.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    How tricksy! I knew ligers and tigons existed but didn't know which species had to be the father or mother.

Ligers are fascinating btw. The biggest cats in the world. For some reason when a male lion and female tiger mates the result is a giant.

Peter smile

But not very scary, the huge size means they can never be released into the wild, too ungainly to catch prey.
  1. FYI, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cowCS_OoDSY

shocked

Shame that it's treated as a pet.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Now that's BIG! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008 edited
    Oh my god, thank you so much for the video!! shocked cheesy I didn't know they could be much larger, now that's weird.
    confused

I'm curious though how it would compare to a Siberian tiger since that's bigger than a Bengal tiger (and would a liger from a Siberian tiger and a lion be even bigger then?), but it won't beat this liger for sure...
    That's very big. I have seen a lion and a tiger from very close, behind a window and that was already very impressive.

Yeah, an animal like that in captivity is not perfect, but on the other hand I would give anything to cuddle a tiger (probably my life wink ) preferably a white one, but I know, it's not natural at all...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2008
    A slightly different one today, and I'll make this a quickie....first person to answer correctly....

Which one of these popular chart hits is the odd one out.

Minuetto Allegretto - THE WOMBLES

Joybringer - MANFRED MANN'S EARTH BAND

I Believe In Father Christmas - GREG LAKE

Another Brick In The Wall - PINK FLOYD

Fanfare For The Common Man - EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER

....and why?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Fanfare For The Common Man - EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER but i have no friggin idea why!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2008 edited
    I hope this one isn't too unfair, I've no idea if these were well known outside the U.K.?

Anyway D, I'll wait for more answers before I let you know if you're right or wrong. spin

It's a very definative reason for one of the tracks being odd one out.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Alan? James? Tom?

MARTIJN???
  2. "Another Brick In The Wall" by Pink Floyd

All the other pieces are based around classical pieces.

I am contractually obliged to state that this answer was come by as a result of a family discussion involving Anne.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. (He means I told him the answer) - Anne
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    (He means I told him the answer) - Anne

Whayyyy Well done Anne biggrin

So, this is how Alan does well in quizzies eh? wink

The Wombles - MOZART

Manfred Mann - HOLST

Greg Lake - PROKOFIEV

Emerson Lake & Palmer - COPELAND
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Whayyyy Well done Anne biggrin

So, this is how Alan does well in quizzies eh? wink

No!

I would have got there in the end - it might just have taken me a bit longer.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008 edited
    Another quickie until I can think of a worthy True / False.

Which one of these mountains is the odd one out....

a) Mt. Everest

b) Sagamartha

c) Kanchenjunga

d) Chomolungma

They are ALL real names, I want the odd one......and why?

p.s. If you don't know why, just say which one you think it is and you'll still get some kudos cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008
    Mt. Everest, because it's the only one I know.

That just has to be true! No, I know it's true. tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    C'mon peeps, it won't hurt your typing fingers biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Another quickie until I can think of a worthy True / False.

Which one of these mountains is the odd one out....

a) Mt. Everest

b) Sagamartha

c) Kanchenjunga

d) Chomolungma

They are ALL real names, I want the odd one......and why?

p.s. If you don't know why, just say which one you think it is and you'll still get some kudos cool

Clue : They are all Himalayan mountains wink
  4. My guess would be that Mt. Everest is the odd-one-out.

All the others seem to be more traditional names. Mt. Everest is named after some Western person?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, the others are.......weird! confused Everest is the only human enough one heh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'll break with tradition a bit here and tell you that both you and Bregje are wrong.

Quite a tricky little answer this one wink

Please, both of you feel free to have another guess? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, it was rather obvious wasn't it? wink

"Sagamartha" then. Doesn't sound like a mountain name to me! I know, pretty stupid reason but still, that's the one that comes to mind now smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, it was rather obvious wasn't it? wink

"Sagamartha" then. Doesn't sound like a mountain name to me! I know, pretty stupid reason but still, that's the one that comes to mind now smile

I'll give one last clue about an hour from now! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Chomolungma!

Don't ask me why.
    It just does feel like an evil mountain!

Or perhaps the one that hasn't been climbed yet. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    Chomolungma!

Don't ask me why.
    It just does feel like an evil mountain!

Hehe. Reminds me of Philip Glass, that one; don't ask why!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    Kanchenjunga is the odd one out.

Each of the other 3 are the English, Nepalese & Sherpa names for the same mountain.

Sorry, Tim. I couldn't help myself: http://www.travelblog.org/Asia/Nepal/blog-33612.html
    shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Kanchenjunga is the odd one out.

Each of the other 3 are the English, Nepalese & Sherpa names for the same mountain.

Sorry, Tim. I couldn't help myself: http://www.travelblog.org/Asia/Nepal/blog-33612.html
    shame

Awwwww Alan, you coulda waited instead of looking it up!? slant

My next clue was...

There are only TWO mountains on that list.

Someone might have got it from that clue?

Oh well rolleyes