• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2012
    I say FALSE. Too many facts in that one... although if the question is simply 'Is there an athlete called Brent Newdick?' then I might say TRUE.

You know what? I say TRUE.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    TRUE!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    True!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. False
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Bregje wrote
    Well done, Elin!! It was indeed another composer, so FALSE.

Yay me... punk

OK, here is one, although some of you might have heard of it if you followed the Olympics a bit.

In this year's Olympics there was a New-Zealand athlete (participating in the modern pentathlon), whose parents had decided to make a bad case worse.
    The bad case? The poor chap's last name: Newdick.
    So how did they make matters worse? By naming him Brent.

Brent Newdick didn't win a medal, though... He came in 12th...

TRUE or FALSE?

bump
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good to see this thread getting some action again, I think I'll do another TRUE/FALSE after this one ends.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I'll give the answer tomorrow night.

Any more takers before I spill the beans?

E.
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  3. OK, here's the answer.

Bregje was right (you rock girl) the big part of the story is TRUE, however, mr Newdick competed in the decathlon, not the modern pentathlon.

So the story is FALSE.

But Brent Newdick is still 'blessed' with his horrible name.

Timmer the floor is yours. What's your TRUE or FALSE statement...
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2012
    Ahhh, the classic bait and switch. biggrin
    Nice one, Elin.
    Poor Brent. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'll think of one.....soon. If anyone wants to beat me to it be my guest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Damn, I missed that question. Very good one Elin.

Hilarious! biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    TRUE OR FALSE

This is the first time in the history of Major League Baseball there has been two perfect games thrown in the same year. A perfect game is 27 batters retired in a game. In otherwords no one reaches base.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That seems almost impossible, unless one of the teams is superhumanly good (or subhmanly bad)
    False.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    In the history there have only been 23 perfect games so it is at best difficult to do.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I attended a game in 1995 where Pedro Martinez of the Montreal Expos pitched a perfect game for 9 innings but lost the game in the 10th 1-0. It doesn't count as a perfect game. The Padre pitcher Andy Hawkins also had the honor of throwing a no hitter for 8 innings when he was a yankee and lost the game.
  4. I'm going to with TRUE on the baseball question. If it's true that means this year is pretty cool, yeah? Still not cool enough to actually entice me to watch a baseball game, though. If there's anything more boring to watch that soccer, it's baseball.

runs and hides
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I have no clue about anything baseball.

So....FALSE?!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2012
    I'm exactly the same as Thor.

Pure guess... TRUE!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Hm, my guess is true.
  5. I heard about a perfect game, 1 plausible, 2 highly likely, yet I want to believe in miracles (because they'll probably make a movie out of it wink )

So TRUE
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The answer is true. This is the first time it has ever happened. Your turn Timmer.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Wow! If someone played those odds, they'd be VERY rich by now.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    The answer is true. This is the first time it has ever happened. Your turn Timmer.
    Tom

Coming very soon Tom.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The siege weapon we know as the CATAPULT was invented by the ancient Greeks, it's original Greek name was 'Gatos Petrobolo' which kind of translates as 'Cat stones', so named because it's first use was firing the bodies of diseased cats over the walls of besieged towns or cities, an early example of germ warfare.

TRUE or FALSE ?

wave
  6. False.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FALSE. Although I do remember having seen something similar (with rats) in FLESH+BLOOD.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. TRUE
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  8. I'm going with False.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2012 edited
    FALSE - 4

TRUE - 1
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Martijn wrote
    Wow! If someone played those odds, they'd be VERY rich by now.

I stand corrected as it has happened three times this year. The link shows you the list
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/history/rare_fea … rfect_game