• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2012
    Bregt wrote
    Who is Jimmy Page?

So that means FALSE!

You don't know who Jimmy Page is? Considered up there with the greatest rock guitarists of all time??? shocked dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2012 edited
    Here's a sample for you Bregt and probably my favourite Led Zeppelin track...

KASHMIR

Also there's this GREAT version by Puff Daddy ft: Jimmy Page from the commercial release of the GODZILLA soundtrack ( I can't remember if it actually featured in the film....anyone? )

COME WITH ME

Good video too, I like the 'red herring' first 30 seconds cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    It's reasonably well known among film music fans that film composer JOHN SCOTT played saxophone on the recording for John Barry's iconic score for GOLDFINGER but did you know that legendary LED ZEPPELIN guitarist JIMMY PAGE also played on one of the recording sessions.

TRUE or FALSE ?

biggrin

bump

TRUE - 2

FALSE - 2
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I say true
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    TRUE - 3

FALSE - 2
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    False but it could be true knowing the wacky Timmer
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nice one Tom biggrin beer

Current scores...

TRUE - 3

FALSE - 3
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Who is Jimmy Page?

So that means FALSE!

You don't know who Jimmy Page is? Considered up there with the greatest rock guitarists of all time??? shocked dizzy
    He's not in my book of knowledge ... (Bregt strikes again!)

No, I didn't know. Let alone I would know a song that I can associate with them. I probably have heard their songs but didn't know it was them. I'm quite like that with famous names and bands. shame
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I have no clue about anything JAMES BOND-related, but I say TRUE nonetheless.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Who is Jimmy Page?

So that means FALSE!

He's not in my book of knowledge ... (Bregt strikes again!)

No, I didn't know. Let alone I would know a song that I can associate with them. I probably have heard their songs but didn't know it was them. I'm quite like that with famous names and bands. shame

Try this one Bregt, it's their most famous track but just like PINK FLOYD, Led Zeppelin are an album band not charts.

STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2012
    Thor wrote
    I have no clue about anything JAMES BOND-related, but I say TRUE nonetheless.

I doubt anyone else knows either wink

TRUE - 4

FALSE - 3
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2012
    Timmer wrote
    It's reasonably well known among film music fans that film composer JOHN SCOTT played saxophone on the recording for John Barry's iconic score for GOLDFINGER but did you know that legendary LED ZEPPELIN guitarist JIMMY PAGE also played on one of the recording sessions.

TRUE or FALSE ?

biggrin

Last chance. Answer later.
  1. I've never heard of Page being involved with Goldfinger, so I'll say "False".

Mind you, I hadn't heard that John Scott had been involved either!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good to see you responding here Alan beer

Latest scores...

TRUE - 4

FALSE - 4
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Clearly statistically we've all been guessing.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2013 edited
    edit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2013
    Timmer wrote

TRUE or FALSE ?

biggrin

Oh and before I forget ( seeing as everyone who participated including myself forgot....I'll blame Christmas shame )

Well done everyone who said....

TRUE!

Source: Jon Burlingame's THE MUSIC OF JAMES BOND

p.s. Extra minus points to Bregt for not even knowing who Jimmy Page is. tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Did you know that legendary song writer and occasional film composer BURT BACHARACH is a life long STAR TREK fan, back in the 1960's he had an uncredited cameo in an TOS episode, here he is 2nd from left...

BURT BACHARACH in STAR TREK

TRUE or FALSE ?
  2. Well, I can't find any hint on the web about the cameo, which is not surprising of cause. But I also cannot find any hint that Bacharach and Roddenberry were buddys. I say

No.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    Well, I can't find any hint on the web about the cameo, which is not surprising of cause. But I also cannot find any hint that Bacharach and Roddenberry were buddys. I say

No.

You also won't find out anything on the web about Jimmy Page playing on the soundtrack for GOLDFINGER and as you can see, that turned out to be TRUE! devil wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Did you know that legendary song writer and occasional film composer BURT BACHARACH is a life long STAR TREK fan, back in the 1960's he had an uncredited cameo in an TOS episode, here he is 2nd from left...

TRUE or FALSE ?

TRUE - 0

FALSE - 1
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

TRUE or FALSE ?

Uhm....FALSE.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    edit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote

TRUE or FALSE ?

TRUE - 0

FALSE - 2
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    edit slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote

TRUE or FALSE ?

bump
  3. A big fat FALSE.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2013
    Hmmmmm?

FALSE - 3

TRUE - 0
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2013 edited
    TRUE!

He looks a bit like Jimmy Page, who I don't know either how he looks like. So that means he looks the same, which so this person is also not someone I'm familiar with. That leads to the fact that both faces are unknown to me, causing this to be TRUE.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2013
    Bregt wrote
    TRUE!

He looks a bit like Jimmy Page, who I don't know either how he looks like. So that means he looks the same, which so this person is also not someone I'm familiar with. That leads to the fact that both faces are unknown to me, causing this to be TRUE.

Fascinating

FALSE - 3

TRUE - 1