• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Have you been to West Africa lately? Did the spell lift upon the man's departure?

wink

FALSE!
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2013
    slant
    From that region I am inclined to think it's TRUE.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2013 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    Have you been to West Africa lately? Did the spell lift upon the man's departure?

wink

FALSE!

I needed a reduction so it helped a lot tongue wink

I'll keep the question up for a few more hours.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    A man was put to death last week in West Africa for making mens penis's shrink, he would give them a magic hand shake using his magic hands and the mans penis would shrink, this was confirmed by locals who saw the shrunken genitals and magic hand shake man was put to death.

TRUE or FALSE ?

bump
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. TRUE.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FALSE - 2

TRUE - 2
  3. Timmer wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Have you been to West Africa lately? Did the spell lift upon the man's departure?

wink

FALSE!

I needed a reduction so it helped a lot tongue wink.

biggrin applause
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    A man was put to death last week in West Africa for making mens penis's shrink, he would give them a magic hand shake using his magic hands and the mans penis would shrink, this was confirmed by locals who saw the shrunken genitals and magic hand shake man was put to death.

TRUE or FALSE ?

Well done Martijn & Pawel, it is indeed sadly TRUE!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Damn, really?

I was convinced this was your take on an April 1st.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Damn, really?

I was convinced this was your take on an April 1st.

It was my take on April 1st, a double-bluff so to speak......bit of a grim one though.

From what I've read those kinds of events are not overly uncommon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    From what I've read those kinds of events are not overly uncommon.

Not a bit uncommon.
    In fact, accusations, convictions and indeed lynchings for "witchcraft" are quite regular over there. Sadly. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2013
    Not exactly True or False....more of a quiz.

Wendy Carlos wrote a unique electronic score for the original TRON (1982). But before she got the assignment, a favourite artist of mine was approached to do the music. Which of these three favourites was it?

1. Jean Michel Jarre
    2. The Alan Parsons Project
    3. Supertramp
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I really don't know Thor?

A pure guess but I'll go with Alan Parsons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hmmm....with the soundtrack-link and the inherent requirement for an electronic soundtrack (which I think was smething that was decided at the very beginning of the project) I'm guessing it might have been Jarre the Younger!
  4. According to Wikipedia it's Supertramp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron_%28soundtrack%29

Or were they only in for a song?

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2013 edited
    Well, that was killed off fast enough, wasn't it?

Volker, you're new here so you're forgiven, but the general, unwritten rule is that we don't use Google or Wiki for these quiz questions and we don't share the 'correct answer' in the forum untill the quiz starter decides to (don't worry, I've done the same mistake myself).

But yes, it's true -- it's Supertramp. They had to decline because they were too busy with other things. They had done scores before and would do a couple again, so they weren't entirely new to the medium. I've never liked Carlos' score that much, for some reason, but the idea of Supertramp doing it is tantalizing.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2013 edited
    biggrin OOPS!
    We should probably reiterate the "rules" now and again. smile

But Supertramp, eh?
    shocked
    Wow...I SO can't see that score having worked!

That said, Toto's Dune is quite exceptional. So, who knows?
  5. So sorry! cry

I'll behave myself next time! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Not your fault. hug
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    biggrin OOPS!
    We should probably reiterate the "rules" now and again. smile

But Supertramp, eh?
    shocked
    Wow...I SO can't see that score having worked!

That said, Toto's Dune is quite exceptional. So, who knows?

Yeah, I could see it working.

They did the score for a 20-minute 'political sci fi' film in 1985 called BROTHER WHERE YOU BOUND. The film is pretentious and rather bad, but there are elements in Supertramp's score that are quite good. You can see a 9-minute excerpt here, which plays out more like a music video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV6dtzfkv58

For TRON relevance, I think the beginning is cool. At 7:40 there's a TRON-like chase on a bike. That's David Gilmour on guitar, btw.

Also, from the same album, this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AjLgCSWmbc
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well done Volker biggrin beer

Seriously though, it's an easy mistake to make and has been done occasionally in the past.

....and FLIPPIN' ECK!!!! 3 choices and neither Me nor Martijn could get it right. spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That's because we employed LOGIC, while everyone knows reality is an amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—a boundless daemon sultan, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2014
    Michael Bay is a genius.

TRUE or FALSE?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2014 edited
    Oh dear, I see that this one flummoxed everybody!!!! I should have known better. rolleyes

Anyway, the answer is TRUE!

...how else do you describe someone who can make otherwise reasonable and intelligent people part with hard cash to view such vapid junk wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2014
    If I didn't take the subject so seriously and been so passionate about my defense of the man, I would have played along. Alas, your post was a little too transparent in this case. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2014
    Austin Wintory was nominated for an Oscar.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
  6. OK, now I had to look up this Wintory guy. Total unkown to me.
  7. EDIT
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2014 edited
    edit

As to the question...... TRUE!