• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2015
    Martijn wrote
    HOLD ON! I think I may be on to something!
    First hit on Google images when I look for "dead Bond girls Connery".

Well?

Close, VERY close, in fact you've caught fire....

But you're not quite there.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I just checked my facts. Her thumb does move a bit at the beginning of her sequence wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    dizzy

OK, I give!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    REVEAL!

Not Shirley Eaton as in the film but Margaret Nolan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Aaaaaaaah! applause
    Very nice!

...but...ermmmm
    Timmer wrote
    She doesn't move at all in any scene.

The defense submits this evidence, m'lud, followed by this documentation, and then rests its case.

Timmer wrote
    I just checked my facts.

Indeed.
    wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    applause

Oh dear! My Bond credibility has been shattered. I knew that too. I KNEW THAT!!! shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2015 edited
    Did you know that Giorgio Moroder's incredibly influential electro dance classic I FEEL LOVE was, according to Moroder's own words, influenced by music in STAR WARS.

TRUE or FALSE ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2015 edited
    Hmmmmm...I'm gonna say FALSE.
    For a couple of reasons I'm gonna give later so as not to unduly influence other voters.
    (I have no secret stash of facts to support my vote, by the way. Justa couple of considerations)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2015
    FALSE. That makes no sense at all.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. False. There's no such thing as a giorgio moroder.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  2. Well, the Cantina Band music was inspired by Moroder.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Synchrotones wrote
    False. There's no such thing as a giorgio moroder.

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FALSE - 3

TRUE - ?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    For a couple of reasons I'm gonna give later so as not to unduly influence other voters.
    (I have no secret stash of facts to support my vote, by the way. Justa couple of considerations)

I look forward to your reasoning depending on my answer dizzy
  3. Going with true. Allow me to be brave once in a while wink
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2015
    wink Nice one Pawel beer

FALSE - 3

TRUE - 1

CANTINA BAND - ?
  4. True. I'm 50% confident.
  5. Glass half true kind of person, eh?
  6. Timmer wrote
    wink Nice one Pawel beer

FALSE - 3

TRUE - 1

CANTINA BAND - ?

Just kidding.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2015
    FALSE - 3

TRUE - 2

JUST KIDDING - 1
  7. face-palm-mt biggrin

And for the record: Moroder wrote a lengthy amazing disco suite based on Philips' BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. So he concerned himself with that type of music. So I vote TRUE.
  8. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Glass half true kind of person, eh?

Half of the time.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2015 edited
    FALSE - 3

TRUE - 3

Well done those who said TRUE! beer

Giorgio

Giorgio does seem to have missed / ignored the bit about "A long Time Ago" wink

Over to you Martijn...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2015 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Did you know that Giorgio Moroder's incredibly influential electro dance classic I FEEL LOVE was, according to Moroder's own words, influenced by music in STAR WARS.

TRUE or FALSE ?

Well done the three of you who said TRUE!

MUSIC OF THE FUTURE

Go to the 1.50 mark.

I think Giorgio forgot about the 'A Long Time Ago' bit biggrin

Martijn wrote

Over to you sir.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2015 edited
    Timmer wrote

What?

Hmmm...yeah, OK, influenced to go in the completely opposite direction...Fair enough.
    (Although it kinda feels like cheating!)

So my reasoning for choosing FALSE was that

(1) there's only about 5 weeks between the release of I Feel Love and the Star Wars premiere, which seems like VERY little time to write, produce and market a single (although I guess it can be done. Well. APPARENTLY it can be done!), and
    (2) the baseline -if anything- is actually strongly reminiscent of the Space:1999 theme (from 16 seconds in), which I thought might have provided some inspiration (second-guessing you that the answer might have been science-fiction related, if not particularly to Star Wars).

Clearly I overthought this one. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2015
    Oh!!! I never linked that Space 1999 riff before, cool! You'd barely notice a mash-up of the two cool
  9. Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

What?

Hmmm...yeah, OK, influenced to go in the completely opposite direction...Fair enough.
    (Although it kinda feels like cheating!)

So my reasoning for choosing FALSE was that

(1) there's only about 5 weeks between the release of I Feel Love and the Star Wars premiere, which seems like VERY little time to write, produce and market a single (although I guess it can be done. Well. APPARENTLY it can be done!), and
    (2) the baseline -if anything- is actually strongly reminiscent of the Space:1999 theme (from 16 seconds in), which I thought might have provided some inspiration (second-guessing you that the answer might have been science-fiction related, if not particularly to Star Wars).

.">Clearly I overthought this one. smile .