• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Steven wrote
    What?

I was asking Justin and agreeing to you wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2009
    Ooooh, sorry. I'm not with it today... or any day. dizzy rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2009
    Steven wrote
    Ooooh, sorry. I'm not with it today... or any day. dizzy rolleyes

You should feel how I feel right now dizzy

Swap?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I don't own the score, and the samples donm't compel me enough to want to own it. So I can't really say for sure. It's really a matter of your own taste.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. justin boggan wrote
    I don't own the score, and the samples donm't compel me enough to want to own it. So I can't really say for sure. It's really a matter of your own taste.

so I guess it's a purchase of risk then
  4. Well, jsut try out the sound clips. Intrada has one more sound clip than ScreenArchives.

1:54 into this clip is another excerpt:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMfBt0Y5cSk

Tuesday on the American cable channel: this
    "Malone" will be playing, so if anyone gets that channel, check it out to make a decision. I'll be checking it out myself.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. A while bakc I got a copy of a submission demo so Newman would be conssidered scorng a film (which he didn't get), but all the tracks were not identified. I have identified three of them, but the rest are from Newman scores I don't know, so in this sample I have put about 20 to 30 second samples of each cue -- any help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3knQbkVeF5c
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2009
    Some of you might know but some of you might not know but Intrada's limited edition CD of Newman's Malone will be deleted from Intrada's catalog on April 7th. Unfortunately, it's been a low seller from the get go. For those that might want to take a chance on this score yet have no idea what the score sounds like can surf over to my WEB SITE and have a listen to a lengthy suite of music from that album. Just click on Hour 3 of THIS JUST IN SHOW #8 and jump to 1:00:22 mark to hear the suite. And if you are interested in picking up the album click HERE to purchase it before it's gone!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. For your pleasure, reviews are now added of David Newman:

- The Affair of the Necklace
    - Anastasia
    - Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey
    - The Brave Little Toaster
    - Galaxy Quest
    - Ice Age
    - Operation Dumbo Drop
    - The Phantom
    - The Spirit
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    For your pleasure, reviews are now added of David Newman:

- Anastasia
    - Galaxy Quest
    - Ice Age
    - Operation Dumbo Drop
    - The Phantom
    - The Spirit

That's a lot of reviews! punk
  7. William wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

- Anastasia
    - Galaxy Quest
    - Ice Age
    - Operation Dumbo Drop
    - The Phantom
    - The Spirit

I thought it was about time I inserted the old ones from my old site
    Heck it's been a year and I think it's about time MainTitles starts to become a review site (and not just a forum site where YouTube is the talk of the town
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    William wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

- Anastasia
    - Galaxy Quest
    - Ice Age
    - Operation Dumbo Drop
    - The Phantom
    - The Spirit

I thought it was about time I inserted the old ones from my old site
    Heck it's been a year and I think it's about time MainTitles starts to become a review site (and not just a forum site where YouTube is the talk of the town

Agreed! A steady flow of new reviews should keep things around here exciting! cheesy At least I know it's keeping me excited; every time I log on there a bazillion new reviews to check out. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Thomas' reviews on his old site were what made me join MT in the first place. Loved them!
  8. DemonStar wrote
    Thomas' reviews on his old site were what made me join MT in the first place. Loved them!

thank you, but back then I couldn't write for shit, now my shit is at least good shit tongue
  9. added the missing reviews of:

- Jingle all the Way
    - The Kindred

happy reading
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2009
    The DVD back cover art for Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins lists that David Newman is, once again, providing the music for a third Scooby outing.

Shameful.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  10. Matt C wrote
    Shameful.

rolleyes
    you said it
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A fine composer wasted on bad movies.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Well, he has to pay bills like everyone else...
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    How much does Newman get paid per project I wonder? I'm pretty sure he doesn't need to take nearly as many as he does (or has done in the past) to "pay the bills". I've always thought that to be quite a weak defense. A more believable one is he probably enjoys working on them, because if he didn't he'd probably have quit by now.
  11. Steven wrote
    How much does Newman get paid per project I wonder? I'm pretty sure he doesn't need to take nearly as many as he does (or has done in the past) to "pay the bills". I've always thought that to be quite a weak defense. A more believable one is he probably enjoys working on them, because if he didn't he'd probably have quit by now.

indeed, perhaps he just knows that he can do whatever he wants musically
    and I thought he said once he loved working on them
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I guess there's a certain way to look at it: You're getting paid to do something you enjoy which is to create music and have it played live and recorded. Regardless of the movie, I'm sure that's always a nice feeling.

But from a fan's perspective, it's not quite the same. We want them to work on better movies, and rightly so.
  12. Steven wrote
    But from a fan's perspective, it's not quite the same. We want them to work on better movies, and rightly so.

I don't think anyone will disagree with you there wink
  13. Old Soundtrack! magazine interview is now up at my fansite:

http://www.DavidNewmanFilmMusic.150m.co … track.html
  14. Short scoring sessions video from "Crazy on the outside":
    http://www.timallen.com/intercept/orchestra.php?xpt=1

(takes about 15 or so secodns to load)
  15. New release

MEET THE APPLEGATES

Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume 123
    Date: 1990
    Tracks: 20
    Time = 41:06

World premiere release of original soundtrack from wild Michael Lehmann big bug comic-thriller, with Ed Begley Jr., Stockard Channing, Dabney Coleman. Offbeat tale of big Brazilian beetles taking human form inspires David Newman to fashion rollercoaster-pace score with emphasis on wild, wacky ideas, both funny, dramatic. Intrada CD presents complete score from multi-track stereo masters vaulted at 20th Century Fox. Notes by Daniel Schweiger. David Newman conducts. Intrada Special Collection release limited to 1000 copies!

01. Main Title 3:14
    02. Bugs and Applegates 3:51
    03. Aunt Bea 0:48
    04. The Fly 1:32
    05. The Exterminator 1:00
    06. The Kids In The Cemetery 1:01
    07. Sally Cocoons Vince 1:27
    08. Aunt Bea and Her Troops 2:03
    09. Jane’s Addiction 1:11
    10. Dragging Vince 0:29
    11. Dick’s Snooping 3:25
    12. Spot Turns 1:25
    13. Greg Kills Spot 3:11
    14. Aunt Bea Picks An Outfit 1:20
    15. Family Squabble 3:39
    16. Camping 1:23
    17. The Capture 3:10
    18. Dick’s Plea 1:40
    19. The Fight 3:27
    20. Egg In the Air 0:54

Don't think I'm that interested, especially if they mention "emphasis on wild, wacky ideas", and I'm a David Newman fan
  16. Was a bit too mickey mousey for me, but it does have that "Bill & Ted" orchestra sound I like.
  17. not interested either, there are better Newman scores out there
  18. Here is my small interview with David Newman wink

http://www.muzykafilmowa.pl/artykuly/newman.htm
    MuzykaFilmowa.pl
  19. Is the interview really out-of-date, or does this mean he's scoring a fourth Scooby feature?