• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Another comedy...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008
    He's just not a composer who I feel is consistently interesting enough to make me buy one of his scores without knowing anything about it - but his better stuff is very entertaining.

I suspect you would feel similarly as countless other Silvestri, Debney scores.

If I were to pick one Newman score it would be Malone.....
  2. I have finally listened to Jingle all the Wayand I must say, like Mathilda it has grown on me in all those years. Surely it is relentless at times but the detail and various motifs (including the christmas carrolls) are flying around the ears that it never becomes unorganized, but fun and exciting.

And my god those last 15 minutes are classic Newman and strong energetic orchestral rambunctious film filmmusic, like Mathilda one for the Newman fans allright smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2008 edited
    I'm anxious to get it. cheesy
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  3. HeeroJF wrote
    I'm anxious to get it. cheesy

you should, if you like David Newman and accept his energetic comedy style, Jingle all the Way's a hoot of an album with a killer main theme wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2008
    It's already been put on my January order list! cheesy
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  4. HeeroJF wrote
    It's already been put on my January order list! cheesy

I hope it will still be available by then? I'm somewhat shocked it hasn't been sold out more quicker, since it's just 1.500 copies
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2008
    My supplier has already put it on hold for me. I have a grrrreat guy. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008

5. Well the cover is top notch, hope the score is up to the task wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Well the cover is top notch, hope the score is up to the task wink

If it comes even half as good as THE PHANTOM it'll be worth having!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Well the cover is top notch, hope the score is up to the task wink

If it comes even half as good as THE PHANTOM it'll be worth having!

true, but I'm expecting it will not be that Indiana Jones orchestral like

in fact I don't know what to expect actually confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The movie will kick ass for sure and i can't wait to see it, big fan of Frank Miller here; not sure about the score though.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    The movie will kick ass for sure and i can't wait to see it, big fan of Frank Miller here; not sure about the score though.

it doesn't seem to receive good reviews for the moment, and the box office result for the moment will be a dissapointment as well for the label
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The Spirit?
    Frank Miller?

confused

As far as I know The Spirit is a classic Will Eisner creation from the days around the second World War.
    The comics are truly excellent though rather old fashioned.

What's Miller to do with it?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    The Spirit?
    Frank Miller?

confused

As far as I know The Spirit is a classic Will Eisner creation from the days around the second World War.
    The comics are truly excellent though rather old fashioned.

What's Miller to do with it?

I believe he has adapted it to his own style based on Eisner's creation.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Miller is now writing The Spirit? shocked

Hmmmmm....uhm
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  8. No. He directed the movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

it doesn't seem to receive good reviews for the moment, and the box office result for the moment will be a dissapointment as well for the label

300 didn't receive good reviews either but i liked it a lot; same goes for SIN CITY.
  9. I liked Sin City, avoided and still avoid 300.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2008

300 didn't receive good reviews either

It didn't? It was crazy popular among college campuses. I never saw it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2008
    Your loss. smile
  10. "Malone" is being deleted from their catalogue, according to Intrada Records. Going bye-bye April 7th. Here is a link to the CD:

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.5406/.f
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    "Malone" is being deleted from their catalogue, according to Intrada Records. Going bye-bye April 7th. Here is a link to the CD:

What does 'deletion from catalog' mean? If the cd hasn't sold out and if it gets deleted does that mean they sell the stock to online retailers? Or do they junk the stock and recover some costs. What exactly?
  11. Well, from askign one time, it essentially means it's a poor seller and that they are getting rid of it, even though I'm sure you'll still find copies at ScrenArchives and other places. I'm also guessing they didn't press the full announced limited amount, so deletion would mean they won't option out to finish making it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  12. justin boggan wrote
    "Malone" is being deleted from their catalogue, according to Intrada Records. Going bye-bye April 7th. Here is a link to the CD:

I'm a big David Newman fanatic, but the samples don't really impress me, has anyone heard this one yet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    justin boggan wrote

I'm a big David Newman fanatic, but the samples don't really impress me, has anyone heard this one yet?

It's a David Newman version of Rambo!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    justin boggan wrote

-Erik-

Is the score as good as that makes it sound?
  13. Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    justin boggan wrote

-Erik-

Is the score as good as that makes it sound?

yep, is the score as good like you make it sound here?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    What?