• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2008 edited
    I'm decidating this thread to all the weird and sometimes unexplained things that happen in life.

For example: does anyone else seem to associate almost everything with a colour? And I mean everything.

Numbers for example - I seem to associate 1 with red, 2 with blue, 3 with green, 7 with orange, 8 with brown and 10 with black etc. etc.

Random objects too - TV with blue, computer with red, bed with blue again.

Why? What is going on inside my brain? Especially with the numbers! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2008
    Psychologists would have a field day with you!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And what's with the weird-head rush when you get up suddenly? Everything goes white and you feel as if you're about to faint. Is that to do with blood pressure or something? spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hey! You really have those? You should see a doctor if yes. You could have low levels of iron or blood pressure problems. Do you eat correctly? I.e. a good breakfast everyday for instance?

[edit]

you have those only when you wake up and get up suddenly? I re-read your post, i thought you had those generally and in random order, that's why i got worried.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Probably not. tongue I know several people who have those. It happens very rarely, usually when I've been sitting in the same position for ages and I get up quickly. It's like ''woah...can't...control...movement....there we go'' and it's gone. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, that probably has to do with blood.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yep. That's a keeper. And yes, that's sheer blood pressure.
    I've had that one worst when I was going through puberty, and my body was shooting up.

However I found in later days it may be an indication of slightly low blood pressure as well, so make sure you eat your veggies for iron and drink some red wine if you think that may be the case!

As for the rest of your thread, i have no idiosyncracies like that at all... I'm afraid you're insane, my child. Quite insane.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, the colors and numbers thingy; definitely mad.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's weird, it's not like I think ''ooh, number 2..that means blue!''. But if I picture loads of numbers in a line, they have colours. Odd how my brain ''remembers'' stuff like that. Hey, maybe I'm just a visual learner. wink spin

I think the problem is too many drugs. shame biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's simply an association thing.
    Some people do that naturally (which indeed may have to with synaptic connections), some people actually condition themselves (I have a very vivid colour connection with each of the three Star Wars films...but that's got everything to do with the album sleeves and boks I used to ahev on them).

It's no biggie.

I'm straining my brain to think if I do anything like that, but as I've pretty much defined myself as the bar against which the Universe is measured, it's hard to come up with any anomalies!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    @ Anthony:

As long as you're not tasting words, don't worry... wink
    Or a filmmusic fan who can taste music, wouldn't that be cool? I wonder what kind of cook the composers would be hehe.

Some people have synaesthesia and brain scans can show some unusual connections, but if you walk in a ToysRUs and check out the baby toddler toys, anything with numbers from 0 to 10, then there's your answer. That's what I believe anyway!
    cheesy

Oh, and get up too quickly is never good. Just take it easy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    (I have a very vivid colour connection with each of the three Star Wars films...but that's got everything to do with the album sleeves and boks I used to ahev on them).

Star Wars - White (or yellow?)
    The Empire Strikes Back - Blue
    Return Of The Jedi - Green
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregje wrote

Or a filmmusic fan who can taste music, wouldn't that be cool? I wonder what kind of cook the composers would be hehe.

I've always compared music to food! Food is one of the best analogies to use when describing music. (Music and food are two of my top three favourite things... I'm sure you can guess what the other one is. wink)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote
    (I have a very vivid colour connection with each of the three Star Wars films...but that's got everything to do with the album sleeves and boks I used to ahev on them).

You have it too! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote

Phantom Menace - Red
    Attack Of The Clones - Blue
    Revenge Of The Sith - Green
    A New Hope - Er...red or pink!
    Empire Strikes Back - Blue
    Return Of The Jedi - Brown

For me at least, but why?! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    A New Hope - pink!

You have been watching that Darth Gayder picture too long, obviously...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    A New Hope - pink!

You have been watching that Darth Gayder picture too long, obviously...

biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Bregje wrote

I've always compared music to food! Food is one of the best analogies to use when describing music. (Music and food are two of my top three favourite things... I'm sure you can guess what the other one is. wink)

I do that too. I do associate some scores with colours, sometimes multiple colours, Close Encounters or Perfume do that to me whereas Vangelis Bladerunner shimmers in silver and gold.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2008
    The only thread that seemed appropriate.

What the hell is this???
    How do these things*) get started?
    Who first thought "Oh, yeah, brilliant! this is a REALLY good idea?"
    shocked

*): Caveat: this is NOT funny. It's not bloody or gross, but still quite shocking.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    O
    K

W
    T
    F
    ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oh, but we must respect their beliefs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    LOL!

bounce (very appropiate smiley biggrin )
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregt wrote
    LOL!

bounce
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2008
    Bregt wrote
    LOL!

Which post are you loling at?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Steven wrote

Martijn's.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    omg

I'd love to see one missing the net and then talk about rituals.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2008 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Steven wrote

Martijn's.

The "bouncing" might have been an indication. wink

D. wrote
    I'd love to see one missing the net

Exactly.
    The excuse now is basically "well, it doesn't harm the babies, and it's never gone wrong yet", which sounds to me like the same excuse one could profer for running along the freeway.
    Of course it goes fine...just until the moment it goes wrong.
    And of course it will at some point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    The excuse now is basically "well, it doesn't harm the babies, and it's never gone wrong yet", which sounds to me like the same excuse one could profer for running along the freeway.
    Of course it goes fine...just until the moment it goes wrong.
    And of course it will at some point.

Why so serious.

I'm sure those babies love it and giggle in themselves, looking forward to their first real air jump castle. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LOVE IT? THE SHIT THEIR PANTS OF SHEER FREE FALL TERROR!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris

Come to think of it, it can't be so serious since they shit themselves all day long anyway
    wink