• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2008
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote
    msia2k75 wrote
    Indeed the score was excellent!
    Steven wrote
    You think the score's boring!? It's the furthest thing you can get from boring! You strange person.

Indeed the score was excellent imo.

I liked it, but did anyone else thing the middle part just d....r....a....g....g....e....d on. rolleyes

For such a devoted John Powell fan, there's a lot of his music you're not too keen on!? dizzy

Everything rules apart from Gigli, the middle of Robots, Jumper, The Bourne Ultimatum and the beginning of X-Men. wink

Mostly...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I love/like all of them. I'm more faithful to the church of Powell!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Even Chill Factor? rolleyes

If anything, people are more critical about the people they like the most. They want everything to be perfect so if it isn't, it really stands out. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    msia2k75 wrote
    Indeed the score was excellent!
    Steven wrote
    You think the score's boring!? It's the furthest thing you can get from boring! You strange person.

Indeed the score was excellent imo.

I liked it, but did anyone else thing the middle part just d....r....a....g....g....e....d on. rolleyes

Indeed. Despite several good points, overall it is significantly inferior compared to the majority of Powell scores. And Anthony being objective despite being a huge Powell fan is something that honors him actually.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    And Anthony being objective despite being a huge Powell fan is something that honors him actually.

biggrin

That made me laugh. Thank you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote

No, all the ones you listed.

If anything, people are more critical about the people they like the most. They want everything to be perfect so if it isn't, it really stands out. wink

Not me. I'm special. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote

Not me. I'm special
    . smile

Well, that's why you like Elfman. tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    And Anthony being objective despite being a huge Powell fan is something that honors him actually.

Win? pang
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote

Not me. I'm special
    . smile

Well, that's why you like Elfman. tongue

You've got it all wrong. I LOVE Elfman.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Flubber and Mission Impossible. That's enough for me. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Flubber

vomit shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Flubber

vomit shocked

LOL biggrin

p.s. I once had the extreme misfortune to watch 'Flubber'.... shocked slant explode
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Everything rules apart from Gigli, the middle of Robots, Jumper, The Bourne Ultimatum and the beginning of X-Men. wink

Agree about "Jumper", "Gigli" and almost about "Robots". We´ve talked about "The Bourne Ultimatum" many times and our positions are clear (and opposite). But please elaborate that you don´t like "the beginning of X-Men 3 please". I LOVE that score, so think well what you´re saying. Oh, and remember I´m invisible, I may be very close....mwaaaahaha
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    But please elaborate that you don´t like "the beginning of X-Men 3 please". I LOVE that score, so think well what you´re saying. Oh, and remember I´m invisible, I may be very close....mwaaaahaha

The beginning is quiet and dull. Until the anvils start it's not that interesting imo. Even then, the 25 minute anvil finale is too much to handle all in one go. Forgive me if you disagree, but X-Men is actually quite boring.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    But please elaborate that you don´t like "the beginning of X-Men 3 please". I LOVE that score, so think well what you´re saying. Oh, and remember I´m invisible, I may be very close....mwaaaahaha

The beginning is quiet and dull. Until the anvils start it's not that interesting imo. Even then, the 25 minute anvil finale is too much to handle all in one go. Forgive me if you disagree, but X-Men is actually quite boring.

oh! shocked

I like ALL of X-3 cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote

oh! shocked

I like ALL of X-3 cool

Me too!
    Anthony, did you just say X-Men 3 is boring? BORING? crazy angry tongue
    It´s the score most of us were waiting from Powell: a big, loud, massive, over the top orchestral effort.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No, X-MEN III drags hugely, Anthony is right. I never managed to get past track 3 and not start looking at the winamp in order to know when that will end and i am not kidding.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    More samples from Horton:

http://www.varesesarabande.com/details. … %2D888%2D2

Mountain Chase = Morricone! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    No, X-MEN III drags hugely, Anthony is right. I never managed to get past track 3 and not start looking at the winamp in order to know when that will end and i am not kidding.

rolleyes
    Doing a Jordi with "X-Men3"?!
    Scandalous! angry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    More samples from Horton:

http://www.varesesarabande.com/details. … %2D888%2D2

Mountain Chase = Morricone! cheesy

Innit! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Hey I like those clips, "Mountain Chase" looks veeery promising.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Christodoulides wrote

shocked

Heretic!
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Matt C wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

shocked

Heretic!

Agree!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2008
    ''Horton Suite'' sounds interesting. I really want to find out how the recording of people playing cactai/cactus/whaetver turned out. The ''little'' sounding brass noises at the beginning are cool. smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    For anyone who isn't following the Zimmer thread, apparantly Powell is either co-composing or doing additional music for Kung Fu Panda. shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    So?

Sorry but KUNG FU PANDA?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah. I have no opinion.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    So?

Sorry but KUNG FU PANDA?

Oh I dunno? You could always borrow someone's kids so you can go see it!? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    They never giv'em to me biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    A bit of a strange move by Powell if he's reducing himself to that.