• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2008
    This certainly raises the biggest WTF flag I've ever seen!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hehe that guy is nuts! I like Powell!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2008 edited
    Stop Loss samples are up... www.johnpowellcomposer.com/discography_ … ercial.htm wink (my God, I wish bookmarks would work!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    ???

Bookmarks on maintitles.net work Anthony.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    www.johnpowellcomposer.com/discography_ … l.htm#Stop Loss ?

Not mine, they have a space so I can't post direct links. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    ooh, ok.

Never use spaces in url's, always use an underscore or -

You can change that right?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Crazy instruments identified!

I'm confident Horton Suite has them all in there somewhere. As crazy as it sounds, when you know what you're hearing it's easier to identify them.

1. The sweaky noise-maker sounding things at the beginning must be the cat and dog toys.
    2. I assume the water system is what comes in around 1:38 and provides the backing (the thing that sounds like a wobble board).
    3. At 1:52, something that sounds like an organ comes in...I swear this is not just an organ though!
    4. 1:58 - hairy violins!
    5. 2:44 sounds like what I assume a twang box is.

Cookies for anyone who works out what the euphonifaffamelophone is, let alone where it appears! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Crazy instruments identified!

2. I assume the water system is what comes in around 1:38 and provides the backing (the thing that sounds like a wobble board).

Yes!! Haha, what a genious!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    OMG, is the sound that we hear at 2:39 (in the background) a belch?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    What's a belch?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Bregt wrote
    What's a belch?

It's an ancient two-stringed instrument with a strange F-shaped attachment which the player uses for voluptuating his urethral mannequins.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    biggrin
    Man I´m sure it is a belch shocked
    Oh, Bregt:

Belch:
    1. To expel gas noisily from the stomach through the mouth; burp.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Man, I so want to do a huge feature on this with pictures and everything. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008 edited
    Southall wrote
    Bregt wrote
    What's a belch?

It's an ancient two-stringed instrument with a strange F-shaped attachment which the player uses for voluptuating his urethral mannequins.

From a belch to a burp - "Harry Hill's TV Burp" that is.

"maintitles.net forum highlight of the week" - "...voluptuating his urethral mannequins..."

applause
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Man, I so want to do a huge feature on this with pictures and everything. sad

I´d love that! All the bizarre instruments with the exact time where we can hear them, plus a picture of the instrument. Now that would be nice! (a lot of work I know, any volunteer? tongue ....).

"We are here": 0:11 - 0:13 (this kinda distorted human voice): now this HAS TO BE one of those weird instruments!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm up for that - let people submit ''hearings'' of the instruments and any extra information they may have on them. Pictures...hmm...that'll be fun! biggrin

I'll set something up at the weekend (assuming I don't get distracted with my new system). wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Pictures...hmm...that'll be fun! biggrin

Yeah, and the toughest part. I can´t even imagine where to get a picture of the water system.

Anthony wrote
    I'll set something up at the weekend (assuming I don't get distracted with my new system). wink

Hehe...trust me, you WILL get distracted wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Bregt wrote
    What's a belch?

Most.disturbing.thing.i've.read.in.here;ever
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony where did you get that info?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's available on the CD cover. smile

I have a great idea for a feature now! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The water thingies can also be heard from 4 minutes onwards in "Horton Suite"
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    At least we assume that's what they are...

It could be anything if you think about it - ''a water system''....ok...what is that supposed to look like?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Water placed above the instrument's resonator; not coming in direct contact with it but in a way that the produced sound will be forcedly fused and guided through the water tank and up to its surface where a Mic would be placed to pick it up, the filtered sound.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Water placed above the instrument's resonator; not coming in direct contact with it but in a way that the produced sound will be forcedly fused and guided through the water tank and up to its surface where a Mic would be placed to pick it up, the filtered sound.

Ya wha....?

I've really got to hear this score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's not as special as it sounds mate wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    ''30 ft'' though....explain more! And I hope people don't mind if I use their best descriptions of the instruments for the upcoming feature! smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

Really? Everyone seems to be on a 'Horton' buzz? So you're not that impressed with it?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote

lol, it really isn't.

wave spin X a million.

It's a good (if not great) score, but not as interesting as all this talk makes it sound. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Christodoulides wrote
    The water thingies can also be heard from 4 minutes onward in "Horton Suite"

Also in "hello"

Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Really? Everyone seems to be on a 'Horton' buzz? So you're not that impressed with it?

HORTON HEARS A WHO

With the exception of 5 or 6 truly impressive tracks packed with a massive choir and bursting, grand themes a la Ice Age 2 and Happy Feet, the rest is constantly changing mickey-mousing, non-stop starting and stopping of totally different little motifs, tempi and rapidly different musical styles under no stable nor coherent enough themes or other fusing musical elements and the score's entire middle section is unnecessary loud irritating and noisy and - at several points - meaningless. I wonder how many people have the calmness necessary and are not over-excited to realize that.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    *raises hand* tongue

If it's not epic, it's still nice. If it's not played on a weird instrument, it's closer to standard. If it's played on a weird instrument, we're going to be on about it. biggrin