• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    I'm as low as I can go. The only authority I have over anything is the watercooler! biggrin

You are screwed then biggrin
    This is gona be a loooooong work day for you tongue

Fancy running to my house for me? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    poor watercooler
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I swear the snack machine keeps tabs on when people rip it off. For every time it give me two items for the price of one, on another occasion it will take my money and give me nothing. Evil!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Why not punish it by asking it to go to your house and fetch the CD?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Because then I'll be in its debt again, and I don't want to risk it!

Has anyone else got the score yet? I'm interested to hear what people think. smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008 edited
    P.S., I Love You - My two cents

Or more specifically, my $16.99

- For those of you wanting to know what tracks are from the sampler, it's the first seven, plus "Kitchen Waltz" and "Last Tune".
    - "To Eire" - cool. cool
    - Powell's favourite four notes return right at the end of "On The Lake" (the very end of this will remind people of Happy Feet).
    - The same notes appear even more obviously in "Home Again"
    - "The Meeting" - brings back memories of Spain. I think the live version actually sounded better as this one is drowned out by guitars and the cimbalom. rolleyes I love Powell's use of the cimbalom in his scores (and it's almost becoming "his instrument"), but can he lay off it just for once?! If anyone still wants a copy of the live version then send me a PM. wink
    - "The Kiss" is a more accurate version of what we heard in Ubeda. smile
    - I think I get the reasoning behind the track titled "Enough". Not because it has any relevance to a scene in the film, but because John Powell got sick of writing and hired Thomas Newman to write this cue. Take a listen. tongue
    - The rest of this album is pure fluff. The best cues (aside a couple) were on the promo, but the rest is merely "good" music. Another perfectly acceptable score by Powell, but that's about as far as it goes. Didn't expect it to be anything mindblowing, and it's not, but it still delivers the regular goods. Let that be your guide for whether you pick it up or not.

3.0/5.0

beer kiss
  1. I've mixed the scores of Agent Cody Banks and Mr & Mrs Smith through their innitial trailers, if you want check out their results

- Agent Cody Banks I & II (Main Title, Agent Banks & Hero) http://www.mediafire.com/?0pmmo6objuw
    - Mr & Mrs Smith (Kiss And Make Up & Minivan Chase) http://www.mediafire.com/?5jddiygummm
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2008
    I'd just like to say that I'm still loving Horton Hears a Who.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2008
    Panthera wrote
    I'd just like to say that I'm still loving Horton Hears a Who.

I'm done with it. As predicted, it's run its course and is now just another nice score in Powell discography. And I'm done with P.S., I Love You too, and I only got that 3 days ago... shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2008
    Something about Hanckoc Score realease?

thanks,
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2008 edited
    Last I heard, it's not even recorded yet, so not at the moment! wink

Edit: Bad spelling. Shut up, I'm hungover.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2008
    Well it looks like there's going to be a Kung Fu Panda soundtrack:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018Q7K5S/

Judging by how the producers have said the movie is going to have little or no songs in it, I hope this will be a score CD.
  2. Hancock => Additional Music : Henry Jackman

shocked

Haaaaaaaa Zimmer's protégé working with John "MV" Powell ! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2008
    Nooooooooooooo! tongue rolleyes biggrin

Is that just an IMDB credit?
  3. Anthony wrote
    Nooooooooooooo! tongue rolleyes biggrin

Is that just an IMDB credit?

Yeah, but I don't know why, I think it's gonna be confirmed soon or late... biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's interesting how IMDB list random stuff...sometimes an orchestrator but not the conductor, sometimes the editor but not the mixer. dizzy
  4. Jackman wrote additional music for Kung Fu Panda...

Perhaps it's the beginning of a new friendship... cool

Or maybe Hans just wanted to get rid of one of his assistants : "Hey John, we need to talk... moon "

biggrin biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    lol, well at least it keeps them away from immitating Zimmer. wink At least they'll be immitating someone I like. tongue
  5. Anthony wrote
    lol, well at least it keeps them away from immitating Zimmer. wink At least they'll be immitating someone I like. tongue

Do you really think Up Is Down from POTC 3 (arranged by Jackman) is a Zimmer immitation ? punk biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Anthony wrote

Do you really think Up Is Down from POTC 3 (arranged by Jackman) is a Zimmer immitation ? punk biggrin

Yes. wink

But that is my favourite cue in the score (but it gets very Zimmerish at the end).
  6. Anthony wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Anthony wrote

Yes. wink

But that is my favourite cue in the score (but it gets very Zimmerish at the end).

Well, the theme is Zimmer after all... biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nah, it's just the really deep, overbearing strings and brass. Too loud! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Anthony wrote

Yes. wink

Well, the theme is Zimmer after all... biggrin

Jackman only did a little arrengement with the "jig" thing. "up is down" is very close to "spirit Stallion of Cimarron" heroic theme.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And that's me out of the conversation then. tongue

Get out, get out of this thread! wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    And that's me out of the conversation then. tongue

Get out, get out of this thread! wink biggrin

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2008
    ANTHONY: Do you know anything about a King Lear film which was scored by Patrick Doyle... and
    had some connection with John Powell? I didn't release they worked together!
    Ty.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2008
    I've never heard anything about Doyle, Powell and a King Lear movie all together, however way back in the early days Powell was one of Doyle's assistants, occasionally providing additional music on scores like Into The West and Much Ado About Nothing.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    I've never heard anything about Doyle, Powell and a King Lear movie all together, however way back in the early days Powell was one of Doyle's assistants, occasionally providing additional music on scores like Into The West and Much Ado About Nothing.

Interesting? I'd prefer to hear about him working more with the likes of Doyle than Zimmer.

Better still, howzabout 100% Powell? The Williams, Barry's, Goldsmith's, Poledouris, Bernstein's, Legrand's, Schifrin's, Herrmann's, Rozsa's, Newman's etc etc etc didn't need any assistance to the extent that many modern composers need.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2008
    There must be a reason. Stop Loss, United 93, Gigli and Two Weeks Notice had no additional composers on, but they're not exactly the "big" scores of Powell's career. rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008
    I've put some of the first cue from Kung Fu Panda up for your listening enjoyment. Link in my sig...