• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2008
    ColSharpe wrote

Not quite sure I understand? If the tracks run into each other anyway, then surely it sounds the same as if it were one track? confused

Many tracks on X3 and Horton flow into each other. Perharps Steven has only digital downloads and this ruins all the listen.

Um, I'm Steven. But hello nonetheless! wave
  1. Cool, Jenny Lewis has a song.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2008 edited
    Out of the blue, one of John's mates from Trinity College has contacted me and given me some music from 20 years ago... shocked

Will report back on what it's like later!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2008
    Wow! I didn't know Bolt was scored by Powell.

The trailer of the movie is mediocre. I hope powell will start soon to say "no" to some animation projects.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Um, I'm Steven.

shocked

I thought you were Spartacus!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote
    Wow! I didn't know Bolt was scored by Powell.

The trailer of the movie is mediocre. I hope powell will start soon to say "no" to some animation projects.

Why? From what we've heard, the score sounds great!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    Not quite sure I understand? If the tracks run into each other anyway, then surely it sounds the same as if it were one track? confused

They do. Most of the time (some of my CD players actually do put a small little skip between tracks, so when tracks run together they get interrupted by that annoying little microscopic but noticeable silence).

But the point is it's a psychological thing. It's the principle of the thing. Wouldn't you rather feast your eyes on a one giant cake made all for you, than a series of already-sliced pieces? Even if it adds up to the same amount of cake? Like I said, it's only a psychological thing, but I love looking at a track listing and seeing that huge 12+ minutes track towards the end, looking at it with avid, hungry eyes, going "yummm!" Powell ruins that effect. Perhaps I should print my own track listings with merged track. Last track of X3 could thus be called: "21~27 The Last Stand Kick-Ass Opus (21:54)" or something like that.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    HeeroJF wrote
    Steven wrote

They do. Most of the time (some of my CD players actually do put a small little skip between tracks, so when tracks run together they get interrupted by that annoying little microscopic but noticeable silence).

But the point is it's a psychological thing. It's the principle of the thing. Wouldn't you rather feast your eyes on a one giant cake made all for you, than a series of already-sliced pieces? Even if it adds up to the same amount of cake? Like I said, it's only a psychological thing, but I love looking at a track listing and seeing that huge 12+ minutes track towards the end, looking at it with avid, hungry eyes, going "yummm!" Powell ruins that effect. Perhaps I should print my own track listings with merged track. Last track of X3 could thus be called: "21~27 The Last Stand Kick-Ass Opus (21:54)" or something like that.

20 minute things are too much but finale cues should definitely be 6-8 minutes long.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Hey if they can sustain my attention, bring on the 20-mins tracks! punk I love the 18-mins "Bavmorda's Spell is Cast" for instance.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I guess I see your point. Psychology of this sort plays a huge part in our enjoyment of particular pieces of music. For example, our enjoyment may depend on who we know to have composed the piece, when it was released, what it was intended for and how popular, overrated orunderrated we think the piece is.

You could individually play the same piece of music to a group of people with similiar tastes, and just by tweaking these contexts (a sort of placebo effect?), you'd probably end up with some pretty different opinions about the same piece of music! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Exactly!! eheh, how fickle the human spirit is. I love us. And of course no one is more prone to these placebo effects than the Academy Awards.

Listeners: Fah! This new Klaus Badelt score is such a piece of crap!
    DJ: Oh, wait, I made a mistake, that was actually the newest John Williams score.
    Listeners: Oh? Ah, well such a masterpiece, then!!
  3. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2008
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2008 edited
    1,370? That doesn't sound cheap. tongue

Is it me, or does the theme that is most present in the clips sound like it's ripped from Horton? Not a complaint as I loved Horton, but considering we've already had two scores this year re-using the theme from Endurance...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2008
    1,370 yen is definitely cheap compared to usual price of domestic releases. (Â¥2600-2900 rolleyes )

Clips have already gone... sad
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthordman
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2008 edited
    Thanks! But only some tracks are playable. confused

Btw I just find the release date of the film.... NEXT SUMMER! gah Disney Japan always does this! I haven't seen Wall-E yet too! crazy crazy crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    I missed my chance to see Wall-E here.

Should I travel to Japan to see it? Boy that'd be one expensive admission ticket.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HeeroJF wrote
    I missed my chance to see Wall-E here.

Should I travel to Japan to see it? Boy that'd be one expensive admission ticket.

But so super cool, imagine that "I flew to Japan to see a film"....you'll either be labelled a hero or a weirdo! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Miya, has Indiana Jones & the Crystal Skull Thingie come out in Japan?

I'd travel across the world to see THAT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Yes, Indy thingie was already released in June.

But if you come here you still can see Ponyo On The Cliff By The Sea. biggrin It's not the best Miyazaki film but still worth seeing on big screen.

Actually I believe Ponyo was the biggest reason why Wall-E was postponed...
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Is that his most recent?

Last year I missed my chance to experience my first visit to Japan when Worldcon (an international science-fiction/fantasy convention that travels across the world every year) was over there. I missed it because I was having passport-renewal issues. But all that's resolved now and I can travel at my leisure now! cheesy

As leisurely as my vacation time and budget will allow, of course.... crazy

And yes, guys, before you say anything, don't worry, Greece is on my list.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    30:06 of score? vomit

Oh right, Disney.

It might be short but sweet to hear something less than an hour from Powell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    So, does it sound like Horton? rolleyes
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    So, does it sound like Horton? cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    pf
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    30 minutes...

Mickey Records believes kids will die if they listen more than 30 minutes of music without songs... slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Or maybe they think they'll go bankrupt if they release more than that rolleyes

Anyway, let's see what this holds...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    So, does it sound like Horton? rolleyes

Steven wrote
    So, does it sound like Horton? cheesy

You tell me