• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. OK, yeah indeed
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2008
    I think Clemmensen and Southall should be blamed. They did mention this in their reviews and then everybody started to copy and paste. angry wink I'm sure Kelvin Wheelbarrow was their secret source of this information. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2008
    It was mentioned way back at the beginning of the year, but I've never heard or seen anything that confirms it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2008 edited
    Sorry for continuing the (boring?) derailment here, but you all know it's a topic I care greatly about.

So by your account, we're never truly praising the talents of the composers themselves, but the record producer, who went through the decisions of how to build the album?

Well, in many, if not most cases, the record producer IS the composer. It is usually only record producers of specialty labels like FSM, Intrada, LaLaLand etc. that insist on C&C, with or without the condonement of the composer. I guess because they're more fans of FILM music than film MUSIC.

I think any score probably has some material that would make for a smashing CD release. Even if it's only a single two-minute track that you're gonna include on an omnibus album of some kind. So you're saying it's up to the producer to recognize that and make the best possible use of that music.

Yes.

But I guess this is where the collector in me rears up. When I play a CD, I don't want only to be entertained. I want to get to know an artist, to get a feel for his work, to really understand what he can do. I don't want it sugarcoated by the presentation of a short score, or a compilation. But that's just me. See, if we ultimately listen to scores for different reasons, that might explain our different views.

It has nothing to do with "sugarcoating" anything. It's more like refining coal into diamonds, using the film's actual score as mere raw material to form what makes the best listening (I say BEST listening, not necessarily EASIER listening).

I also have to repeat that I don't want a short score just for the sake of being short. I want it RE-ARRANGED. In many cases, however, this re-arrangement process also means shortening the score. It's a consequence, not a goal.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2008
    sleep

I like music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I like potatoe chips.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I like juicy female butts.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    I like juicy female butts.

Mmm....count me in.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. Me too biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I like when a thread goes totally off topic. The John Powell one and we talking about juices, boobs and butts. I love this place! punk beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2008
    I read that as "COMPLETE!" for a second. tongue crazy

I've also got spare copies if anyone wants one....come to think of it, compete! wink
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    I also read it as "COMPLETE!!!"

I wish it was sad bunny
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Also read that as a "complete"! And i just now realized upon reading your replies! Wtf
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I do like the dig at Miley Cyrus though. bunny
  3. Anthony wrote
    I read that as "COMPLETE!" for a second. tongue crazy

I've also got spare copies if anyone wants one....come to think of it, compete! wink

I entered the AICN competion, but two are better than one. Count me in, if I win both, I´lll start another one. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2008 edited
    I lost at the AICN competition.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2008
    Huh? confused
  4. Yeah... I don't get it either.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2008
    Did some of the posts disappear during the server move Bregt? I swear there were a couple more after Pawel's. dizzy biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2008 edited
    I'd better just not returned and left MT empty.
    Kazoo
  5. Evolution, one of Powell's entertaining scores is now trailer food.

I've placed Evolution's music over the teaser of Ice Age 3, with SFX and now good music smile

Hope you enjoy it wink

https://www.yousendit.com/download/TTZs … RTUzZUE9PQ

Let me know what you think
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. I consider this my crowning acchievement

I just started to play the first track of Chicken Run over the trailer of Ice Age 2 and I didn't have to change or edit a thing. This is basically the best I can do and I'm really proud of it

Here's the trailer with John Powell and Harry Gregson Williams music of Chicken Run over the trailer of Ice Age 2

IF YOU HAVE TO SEE ONE IT IS THIS ONE smile please? biggrin
    anyway, it is my new year's gift to you guys, Enjoy

https://www.yousendit.com/download/TTZs … MHgzZUE9PQ
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2009
    It was nice, but it felt over-scored - the music was too lively for the scene. I did like when it got more frantic just after Scrat got the acorn out though. Why are you putting music to trailers again?
  7. Anthony wrote
    It was nice, but it felt over-scored - the music was too lively for the scene. I did like when it got more frantic just after Scrat got the acorn out though. Why are you putting music to trailers again?

I love doing it, I think I would love a job like this, editing trailers together, chosing which scene and which music makes the trailer cut

a dream job that will remain a dream I guess, so I do it to trailers who haven't got music
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2009
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2009 edited
    Give me details! I'm at work and ebay is blocked.

Tracklisting?
    Length?
    PRICE?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    WANT

I hope some nutcase buys it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    25 tracks and an End Titles included! Me wants now!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Can't afford it though. Let's just hope it ends up in the hands of a certain type of person. wink wink