• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    Can't afford it though. Let's just hope it ends up in the hands of a certain type of person. wink wink

Oh it will, I´m sure.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2009
    DemonStar wrote
    The Bolt Academy Promo!! omg

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOLT-Promo-Only-SCO … 1|294%3A50

That's so cool. Great find!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Now I really wish I had a Paypal account and spending money of my own! sad
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Why don't you set one up then? It's really easy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I set one up but since I don't have a credit card I can't transfer money to the account...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ask your parents nicely?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Will do once I start earning on my own wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The odds really are against you, my friend. tongue biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Really! tongue

I hope the Bolt promo surfaces soon though
    wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    As long as it gets into the hands of....certain people...we should be fine. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Anthony wrote
    As long as it gets into the hands of....certain people...we should be fine. wink

Amen!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's still got three days to go (as of this moment) and already up to 31 dollars.
    Based on past comparable experience, I'm guessing we'll finally see it go for around 80.
    Which I think is too much, so I'm not bidding on this one.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Does this academy promo have any more music in it than the official release or is it just fancy artwork?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Martijn wrote
    It's still got three days to go (as of this moment) and already up to 31 dollars.
    Based on past comparable experience, I'm guessing we'll finally see it go for around 80.
    Which I think is too much, so I'm not bidding on this one.

I'll go as high as about $50. Anything more is just stupid.

Christodoulides wrote
    Does this academy promo have any more music in it than the official release or is it just fancy artwork?

Yes. At least 10 new cues (some are missing that are on the OST).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Then i too join in the "sweet" parade.!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    My alternative plan to buying it was to contact Disney and alert them somebody is trying to sell a promotional item for profit. They then get the eBay listing removed and the seller gives up hope. Then contact the seller privately and say "I hear you're having trouble getting this off your hands...I'll give you $20 for it." cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And now it's at $56. That's me out of it! slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2009
    And now it's $75! One hot cake among collectors tongue
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Its probably a bunch of you guys raising the price for each other.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Shhh!

I convinced DemonStar to forge his parents credit card details. It's him! Him I tells you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Anthony wrote
    I convinced DemonStar to forge his parents credit card details. It's him! Him I tells you!

My parents don't have one either. That's the problem, otherwise I'd try to convince them tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote
    My alternative plan to buying it was to contact Disney and alert them somebody is trying to sell a promotional item for profit. They then get the eBay listing removed and the seller gives up hope. Then contact the seller privately and say "I hear you're having trouble getting this off your hands...I'll give you $20 for it." cool

Better plan is for one of us to bid on it and everyone who is interested in having it can contribute a part of the total money required to the bidder, and then finally everyone who contributed gets a copy of it wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    But who would end up with the real one? Give it back to Disney as an act of generosity! tongue

As great an idea as that is, it would be too hard to coordinate and get everyone who wanted a copy to contribute. Regardless, people who don't pay would blatently end up with a copy anyway, rendering the entire plan useless. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Anthony wrote
    But who would end up with the real one? Give it back to Disney as an act of generosity! tongue

I did think about that, but methinks it's the music that matters the most, as I can see there's nothing at all special about the artwork (except for die-hard collectors). And it's better to have a lossless/320kbps MP3 copy than in case if the promo gets leaked it is @128 or something slant

I think co-ordination isn't too hard, let's say at maximum the price reaches $100 (helluva lot tongue ) and if only 4 people all pay $25, it can be gotten.

...not to mention there are a lot of such promos which have evaded the "general" public so far, the Lion King and Enchanted FYCs being a good example.

Just my idea wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Fine...everyone send me $20 on paypal and I'll buy it. For that I'll give you a CDR copy. tongue

All of a sudden it doesn't sound that appealing does it? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    First Ideas cheesy

Probably for simply fans of the music not collectors a CD-R copy of this thing is as good as the original since this in case there's no special liner notes or anything, just some crappy artwork better than which stuff I can make myself tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bolt's a fun score and everything, and I hope I get my grubby criminal hands on a download link for this promo... but I would never pay more that £10 for a CD! (Unless it's a special release, like the Indy boxset.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Bolt's a fun score and everything, and I hope I get my grubby criminal hands on a download link for this promo... but I would never pay more that £10 for a CD! (Unless it's a special release, like the Indy boxset.)

Not even £10.01p? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote

The most I've ever spent on a CD was £29 for Endurance, and it didn't feel good giving that amount of money away. On the upside, it arrived the day before I went to Ubeda and I got it signed, so it's potential value has gone way up! cheesy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Take a look at the bidding history on the Bolt promo. Is it just me, or is something very fishy going on there. Look at the usernames. What's the chance the seller is the owner of all those accounts and is just pushing the price up?

And what's up with the highest bid date going BACK from the 6th to the 3rd? confused