• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009
    And Zimmer ripped an entire theme from Agent Cody Banks for Madagascar 2 as well...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    And Zimmer ripped an entire theme from Agent Cody Banks for Madagascar 2 as well...

You seriously think Zimmer had even heard a single note from Madagascar 2 before he turned up for the premiere?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote

You seriously think Zimmer had even heard a single note from Madagascar 2 before he turned up for the premiere?

biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote

Killed me again LOL biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009
    Anthony wrote

Actually Geoff Zanelli wrote that cue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009 edited
    Joep wrote
    http://www.nederland2.nl/actueel/15876/ … op-het-nff

Anyone who knows what Powell score is used in the promo trailer?

Hans wrote that cue, if I remember right. Funny, I happened to be browsing my iTunes library earlier today and noticed this track.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009
    I really like to know why Powell's Varese CDs are presented the way they are. Thought Horton's presentation was silly but with Ice Age 3... okay now this is crazy.
  1. Sylvos wrote
    I really like to know why Powell's Varese CDs are presented the way they are. Thought Horton's presentation was silly but with Ice Age 3... okay now this is crazy.

indeed, but what can you do if you receive so many short tracks? Delete half of them?
    But mixing them all together is not the right way to go
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    Sylvos wrote

I believe Germaine Franco is the main reason.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    but what can you do if you receive so many short tracks? Delete half of them?

Well, I wouldn't break a 1-2 minute cue into several, tiny 16 second long pieces. Nor would I put a 23 second cue that contains the last 13 seconds of the previous track, some 5 second silence and then the first 5 seconds of the next track. This is just stupid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009 edited
    Sylvos wrote
    I really like to know why Powell's Varese CDs are presented the way they are.

I guess because of re-use fees. In Ice Age 3 many short cues contain choir parts.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thomas, what does re-use fees and short choir cues have to do with it? That doesn't help explain why the tracks are so short I'm afraid. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Thomas wrote
    I guess because of re-use fees. In Ice Age 3 many short cues contain choir parts.

Okay. That's the second most... err... surprising... thing I've ever heard about re-use fees. Seems like music industry is crazier than it looks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Thomas, what does re-use fees and short choir cues have to do with it? That doesn't help explain why the tracks are so short I'm afraid. slant

The amount of money they have to pay for the choir may be based on the length of tracks with them. This is just a guess...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    No Thomas. As far as I heard, it's about the overall amount of music that gets put on CDs. They pay re-use fees for the initial 30 minutes and then some extra fees for every additional 15 minutes.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    ^ What he said. The number of tracks is irrelevant. Cutting a two minute track into two one minute halves still counts as two minutes. wink
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009
    Did you remove your John Powell website? I can't seem to find it.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I did. I was getting rundown and I didn't have the time to update it (one site at a time is enough for now).

Do you need to know something specific though?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Anthony wrote
    I did. I was getting rundown and I didn't have the time to update it (one site at a time is enough for now).

Do you need to know something specific though?

It's quite a shame, that one of the most interesting composer in recent times, doesn't have a website dedicated to him (anymore).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I may start it up again in future but on a smaller scale. I still own the URL. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    By "getting the rundown" you mean the freaks with a John Powell hard-on?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

Interesting supposition there, do you always think about freaks with hard-ons? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Cut the crap, Anthony knows what i am talking about. I am not talking generally about Powell fans, but specific weirdos who send all the kinds of crappy e-mail requests to such sites, thinking that the composers are actually at the other end. Unless you're one of them wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    lp wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Interesting supposition there, do you always think about freaks with hard-ons? shocked

Sure, I do.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I guess it takes one to know one.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009 edited
    Haha, I was meant to post "IT was getting rundown", not me. biggrin

But yes, aside from not having the time to update it was I was also getting tired of the "Please can you send me the sheet music to Ps I Love You?" messages.

Now I've exchanged those for "Is there going to be a Fringe soundtrack?" e-mails.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You aren't alone with those e-mails you know. wink

http://emailsfromcrazypeople.com/
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2009
    FINALLY a trailer for Green Zone. Should be good, even if it's just Bourne in the middle east.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Looks boring.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bourne in the Middle East? AGAIN?!