• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2008
    It's like saying ''Why wouldn't you put Williams with Mark Thomas?'' only slightly less extreme! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Goldsmith and Zimmer:

-Both has introduced new fans in the movie music world.
    -Both are crazy people, who has re invented himself a lot of times.
    -Both has a great sense of drama and a great sense of parody.
    -Both has experimented a lot
    -Both are some of the most popular / important (choose what you want) composers in the film music history.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote
    I'd put Powell ahead of Zimmer.

I'd says Zimmer as a whole is ''bigger'', but Powell is by far the superior composer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Oh Zimmer's bigger, I agree, and has a certain aura around him. But I'm sure it's only his force of personality that makes him endure longer than other composers of similar ability like Francis Lai or Harold Faltermeyer, his obvious predecessors. Endure, though, he certainly does - and will.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2008 edited
    Southall wrote
    Oh Zimmer's bigger, I agree, and has a certain aura around him. But I'm sure it's only his force of personality that makes him endure longer than other composers of similar ability like Francis Lai or Harold Faltermeyer, his obvious predecessors. Endure, though, he certainly does - and will.

Agree about the personality thing....

Powell better than Zimmer? well Powell is far better in a technical way and he has at least the same power than Zimmer.

But We have to remember Zimmer's career: Beyond Rangoon, Lion King, Crimson Tide, BackDraft, Nine Months, Power Of one, Something to talk about, Radio Flyer, A league on their own, Prince of Egypt, As good as it gets the Thin Red line, Black Hawk Down, Hannibal,Spanglish The last Samurai, Tears of the sun, the Da Vinci Code, The Holiday...

Only because Zimmer doesn't compose more complex stuff doesn't mean his music is not as good as others. In fact , it's incredible what Zimmer can do and can touch your soul only with a few instruments

In my opinion only a genius could have been done such important scores, so popular fanbasse, so diferent stuff and touch your soul..... Only 3. Goldsmith, Willians and Zimmer. the 3 maestros.

Powell is running up!
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    McDonald's is popular food, but not necessarily "great" food.

The same applies to Zimmer.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

LOL biggrin

Made me laugh aloud there James......did this one "zing" over Jordi's head!? cheesy wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2008
    Well the Jumper soundtrack release has been delayed by a week. And people still wonder why I've never liked Lakeshore.... rolleyes
  1. Pardon me? You don't like them because of a delay? LR has gone from profitable song CDs to releasing good amounts of score CDs. Maybe we can forgive them, okay?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2008 edited
    I would respect them a lot more if they actually gave us details on CDs before they were released, and if they didn't give out release dates until they knew them for certain as half the time they push them back.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2008 edited
    Empire have got some clips from Jumper http://www.empireonline.com/futurefilms … ?id=135143

Let me rephrase that - Empire have some FILM clips (with score). tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2008
    In case anyone was curious, here's the track list for the upcoming Lakeshore Records release of John Powell's JUMPER score:

1. My Day So Far 1:03
    2. Splash 1:31
    3. First Jumps 1:37
    4. Bridges, Rules, Banking 3:25
    5. Surf's Up 1:12
    6. 1000 Volts 3:48
    7. Roland Snoops 1:43
    8. You Hear Me Laughing 1:01
    9. Coliseum Tour 1:47
    10. Coliseum Fight 2:25
    11. Echo of Mom 0:50
    12. Airport Departure 1:58
    13. In Hospital 0:56
    14. It's Sayonara 0:57
    15. Race to Millie 1:25
    16. David Comes Clean 3:24
    17. Roland at the Lair 4:55
    18. Jumper vs. Jumper 2:18
    19. The Sacrifice 4:45
    20. A Head Start 1:43
    21. A Jump Off 1:36
    Total Album Time: 44:19
    http://www.soundtrack.net/albums/database/?id=4787
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2008
    sad too many short tracks.

I hope at least will be so enjoyable than Mr smith.
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2008 edited
    Nautilus wrote

I hope at least will be so enjoyable than Mr smith.

EDIT:

... Nevermind
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2008 edited
    Sydney again! I didn't know that! cheesy Now I'm curious as to why...it's an American movie unlike Happy Feet...maybe it was cheaper or they were more available there... spin

And I don't know if there will be much on the soundtrack, but I know the movie contains a few drone cues. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Sydney again! I didn't know that! cheesy Now I'm curious as to why...it's an American movie unlike Happy Feet...maybe it was cheaper or they were more available there... spin

I imagine it was a cost thing; Powell recorded the score there remotely, not even setting foot in Australia to record it! (According to a Trackdown Studios press release, at least!)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ooh, clever. Have you got a link for the press release? I really want to read it!
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Anthony wrote
    Ooh, clever. Have you got a link for the press release? I really want to read it!

http://www.soundtrack.net/news/article/?id=1135
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I was just reading another article on the tech they used to do it. I posted a user-friendly version here: www.johnpowellcomposer.com/news.htm but the full thing can be read here http://www.filmmusicmag.com/news/Sydney … r-306.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I don't know if I love or Hate powell..

He is the guilty that Now I found Zimmer a little bit like the "Game Boy " sound. I mean.... Until now Zimmer had the tunes, the rythms and the crazyness that I love but he had some wrong things. But with Powell I have Zmmer good things, and the orchestra authenticity!!!

Does Anyone understand me?

Dammed!

crazy

I love him!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote

Nope! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Not of all of us speak Spanglish.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Nautilus wrote
    I don't know if I love or Hate powell..

He is the guilty that Now I found Zimmer a little bit like the "Game Boy " sound. I mean.... Until now Zimmer had the tunes, the rythms and the crazyness that I love but he had some wrong things. But with Powell I have Zmmer good things, and the orchestra authenticity!!!

I do.
    I still like Zimmer better personally, however, because Zimmer for some reason manages to push more of my emotional buttons than Powell has. At least so far.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. Nautilus wrote

I'd say that anything below a minute is getting on the short side. What sort of a track length are you looking for?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008
    Even though the CD isn't out for another week, there's a strong chance Jumper will come out on iTunes today! If anyone spots it be sure to let us know! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    STOP-LOSS
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by John Powell

Ryan Phillippe
    Abbie Cornish
    Channing Tatum
    Joseph Gordon-Levitt

From the director of Boys Don’t Cry

Decorated Iraq war hero Sgt. Brandon King (Ryan Phillippe) makes a celebrated return to his small Texas hometown following his tour of duty. Brandon tries to resume the life he left behind with the help and support of his family and his best friend, Steve Shriver (Channing Tatum), who served with him in Iraq. Alongside their war-time buddies, Brandon and Steve try to make peace with civilian life. Then, against Brandon’s will, the Army orders him back to duty in Iraq. This upends Brandon’s entire world. The conflict into which he is thrown tests everything he believes in: the bond of family, the loyalty of friendship, the limits of love, and the value of honor.

Paramount Pictures opens Stop-Loss nationwide on March 28.

Catalog #: 302 066 886 2
    Release Date: 03/25/08

Dr. Seuss'
    HORTON HEARS A WHO!

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by John Powell

Jim Carrey
    Steve Carell

From the creators of ICE AGE

Horton hears voices, but he’s not crazy; he’s an elephant. Jim Carrey and Steve Carell get animated for this movie of Dr. Seuss’ book, which reminds us that a person’s a person ... no matter how small.

Horton Hears a Who! is a new CG animated feature film from 20th Century Fox Animation (the makers of the Ice Age films), based on the beloved book by Ted Geisel (first published in 1954) who wrote under the pen name Dr. Seuss. Seuss books are among the defining works of family literature, have sold over 200 million copies, and have been translated into fifteen languages. The Horton books are consistently among the top-selling of all Seuss titles – generation after generation. Horton Hears a Who! is about an imaginative elephant who hears a cry for help coming from a tiny speck of dust floating through the air. Suspecting there may be life on that speck, and despite a surrounding community which thinks he has lost his mind, Horton is determined to help.

Blue Sky Studios and Twentieth Century Fox open Horton Hears A Who! nationwide on March 14.

Catalog #: 302 066 888 2
    Release Date: 03/25/08
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008 edited
    YES! 2 on the same day! Powell overload! punk Plus, Varese is back, yay!

Edit: I saw the above post JUST as a call came through to me at work. I felt like hanging up just so I could read it. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stop Loss is definitely something i am eager to listen; not sure about the other one though, i suspect it will be nothing special. Will see, great news though!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.