• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008
    It's the other way round for me. cheesy I'm still looking forward to Jumper the most though, but it's more and more likely that I will be disappointed (DRONE!!!!!).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    Well it depends on what you expect from Jumper. It's definitely not a high-octane score like The Bourne Ultimatum or has huge orchestral cues like Payback or X-Men: The Last Stand. It's more like The Italian Job incorporating more rock-elements here and there and reminds me of Mr. & Mrs. Smith in certain cues like A Jump Off. I really like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    God DAMN it. I'd REALLY been looking forward to Stop Loss as the first film providing any kind of in-depth look at the fascinating world of reinsurance treaties (http://www.answers.com/topic/stop-loss- … at=biz-fin) only to find out it's about something else entirely. I hate Hollywood.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008 edited
    Dom wrote
    Well it depends on what you expect from Jumper. It's definitely not a high-octane score like The Bourne Ultimatum or has huge orchestral cues like Payback or X-Men: The Last Stand. It's more like The Italian Job incorporating more rock-elements here and there and reminds me of Mr. & Mrs. Smith in certain cues like A Jump Off. I really like it.

I think the closest description so far is X-Men crossed with a rock band crossed with drones. But I do see what you mean (I've heard some of it) with your reference to The Italian Job...I hated those style cues in that too. sad

How come you've got it already? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    How come you've got it already? dizzy

We got a review copy...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Another reason I hate Lakeshore. They don't even CONSIDER sending me one. Bastards. tongue wink Thank God Varese are doing the next two. cheesy

Have you reviewed it yet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    Have you reviewed it yet?

No I don't write reviews. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What would you give it out of 5? Tell us, we want to know! crazy wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bugger, Dom's run away. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    3 out of 5. smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Meh, that's promising enough. Now answer my credits question! tongue biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    I'd say it is more like a cousin to PAYCHECK
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Jumper is out on iTunes! punk

BITRATE DEATH!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm buying that muthaf*cka on CD.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    dgoldwas wrote
    I'd say it is more like a cousin to PAYCHECK

Yeah, but a far cousin.
    The score doesn´t take off until track16 IMO. From there until the end there´s good Powellish stuff though.
    The truth be told though, Powell is the king mixing real orchestra with percussion and electronics, and this gift shines again in "Jumper".
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    My two cents on Jumper: I wasn't let down by it at all as I had no idea what to expect. No good or bad surprises anywhere really. Only an annoying guitar theme and a welcome return of (decent) electronics and orchestra to be honest.

Nothing to really grab on to (why no main theme?!) but a few nice action cues. Unless you're a die hard Powell fan you could probably just live with tracks "My Day So Far", "Bridges, Rules, Banking", "Coliseum Fight", "Roland At The Lair", "Jumper Vs. Jumper" and "A Jump Off".

Otherwise, droooonnnneeeeee/flatness!!!!!

** 1/2 out of 5 (still a nice effort though!) smile

Now I shall return to my original train of thought about how P.S., I Love You needs a release. That's a huge improvement over this! spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2008
    2 1/2 out of 5 and "still a nice effort" cannot be in the same sentence and still make sense, imo wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

oooooo get you! biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    2 1/2 out of 5 and "still a nice effort" cannot be in the same sentence and still make sense, imo wink

Sure it makes sense. tongue 2 1/2 out of 5 is like 50%/half way there! It's not a great score, but it's brough a few more minutes of nice music into the world. cheesy wink

Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

oooooo get you! biggrin

Well the iTunes bit rate does kill it unsurprisingly.. slant
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ooh, Top Gear - the episode where Clarkson drives the car into the swimming pool - while he's doing it up they use some of Powell's PRODUCTION MUSIC (yes, the trailer crap!). I think it's ''Nuts 'N Bolts'' that's used, but wow, first time I've heard any of that in something. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well i'm saying that if a score SUCKS you can say it, even if it's your favorite composer we're talking about.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I know, but it doesn't suck! I will give my opinion no matter how ugly a score is. tongue If it sucked I would have said it sucked. wink Like I said, those 6 tracks are fine, everything else is just a bit flat.
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008
    Just listened to Jumper.

Meh. It was okay. I didn't expect much to be honest, and it was a pretty flat score. Not very exciting.

There are a couple tracks near the end like others said that save it from being a bad score, but other than that, it's a mediocre effort from Powell.

2-2 1/2 out of 5.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yay, agreement! cheesy tongue

I wan't Tilton's score now. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008 edited
    John Powell AND DISNEY?! DISNEY?! I guess that's some kind of recognition. Cool beans. cheesy Let's hope this doesn't turn into a big-song-filled mess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Like it is for Alan Menken? tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    LOL, when I wrote that I thought exactly ''The Shaggy Dog'', ''Enchanted''.

We're fucked! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Oh for Pete's sake, another Disney movie about some kind of ''super'' dog. Isn't Shaggy Dog and Underdog enough?!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Maybe Snoop Doggy Dog should be their composer-in-residence? tongue