• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Okay, seriously? 27 votes and an average of 1.96???? slant

indeed, there's seriously something wrong here confused
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. New poster for the upcoming Pan has John Powell's name on it shocked shocked shocked

Although other versions of it still have Marianelli's dizzy

I'm thoroughly confused. This is either a massive mistake, or else 2015 is shaping up to be the year of weird composer announcements/collaborations.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2015
    Hmm...weird.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. "Every Legend has a Beginning"

That tag is tagged with the fondest of memories. smile
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2015
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    New poster for the upcoming Pan has John Powell's name on it shocked shocked shocked

THIS WOULD BE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2015
    Powell has replaced Marianelli.
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Sweet. Marianelli is very capable but I'm not going to pass up a chance to hear more John Powell. Especially for a live action movie.

I wonder what made him come out of temporary "retirement" mode.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote

I wonder what made him come out of temporary "retirement" mode.

Hmmmm? Good question.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. dgoldwas wrote
    Powell has replaced Marianelli.

Well that's a surprise, but a pleasant one for me cheesy
    Not so much I guess for Marianelli slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2015
    I just looked back at Powell's discography. All projects have been in either gritty electronic mode or animated scores, mostly in zany mode, since... X-Men 3: The Last Stand. 2006. (And I absolutely love bits of that score.) That's the last live action that wasn't electroclunkingfuzz. If this project takes a more straight orchestral approach--and I think it might--then I am very excited to hear it!
  5. I think you're forgetting Knight and Day (and P.S. I Love You, while we're at it) - but other than that I echo your sentiments. So unexpectedly cool to be getting an "out of the box" assignment from Powell just after we all thought we would hardly be hearing from him from now on.
  6. If it's any interest, Jon Broxton said in the current "Pan" thread at FilmTracks that he was told the score was going to be:

Big and thematic. Swashbuckling fantasy score.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2015
    I was hoping for drone and dull. Serious and grounded. Fuck my life!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I hope he at least saves the theme for the end when Pan earns it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I hope it's only a two note theme at that. Three is just too manipulating.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  7. I hope it's a one-note buzzing sound. That's what Hollywood wants right now.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2015
    Needs more HORN OF DOOM.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Hopefully the trailer is not indicative to the tone of the film and, far more importantly, its music. slant
  8. When do we get the KAZOO OF DOOM?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    The film looks AWFUL.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Still hope the score is wortwhile. Powell usually delivers.

But in an ideal world, I'd also love to hear what Marianelli came up with, if he wrote anything at all (Justin would know).
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Well, he wrote score, he did demos, but I have conflicting sources on whether he recorded anything. A compilation of Dario's rejected film scores demos might be nice.
  10. Erik Woods wrote
    The film looks AWFUL.

-Erik-

There does not seem to be much James M. Barry left in that. The Great Ormond Street Hospital probably didn't get any money which would have been a redeeming factor.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  11. Last week Kaya Savas, Craig Lysy and I sat down with John Powell to present him with his IFMCA Awards for HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2; we also asked him a few questions, about working on this score, his love of animation, and the state of the film music industry in general.

Here's the article: http://filmmusiccritics.org/2015/06/joh … -dragon-2/

And here's the interview, on the IFMCA Youtube Channel: https://youtu.be/vKydepCGb-o

Jon
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2015
    "Thank you to everyone who voted for me. And if you didn't vote for me, fuck you all."

Well said!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2015
    AGENT CODY BANKS
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9 … egory=-113

One of THE very best scores John Powell has ever composed!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2015
    Absolutely. This is one of the scores that got me into film music. I must have been 12 or 13 when I saw this movie on a plane of all places(!), and the music still stood out there.

If unmentionables didn't exist this would be a huge deal, but nevertheless I'm very happy this is finally getting released.

Purchased! cool
  12. Erik Woods wrote
    AGENT CODY BANKS
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9 … egory=-113

One of THE very best scores John Powell has ever composed!

-Erik-

now this is an exciting release. Varèse, you're reading this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2015
    A couple of tracks from Pan:

Ship Fight
    Cable Car [Main Theme]

Another winner by the sounds of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2015
    Very "Powell". Immediate and a rock-style orchestral sound. Could be fun!
    I am extremely serious.