• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008
    CGI thing with Jim Carrey as a elephant protecting a microscopic community of Whos. It looks quite funny actually, check out the theatrical trailer. My prediction of the score is Ice Age with some more interesting instrumentation. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    .................... rolleyes
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    .................... rolleyes

Cheater. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Christodoulides wrote
    Whats "Horton" about?

About an elephant who discovers there are tiny people living on a flower. Needless to say, it's an animation film wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    A live action one would be good. To get size right you'd probably have to get James Cromwell as the elephant and...err...Minime as a Who. smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm so changing the ''recent updates'' thing on the site when I get home. I hate it, you hate it, everyone hates it! biggrin It's just pointless at the moment as there's no room to show exactly what's been changed...but I has a plan. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Jumper is disappointing. There are small bits of good ideas here and there, just enough for you to say "wow, I wish that was longer than 49 second long" or "that could have been a 4 minute of awesome". I haven't seen the movie, and is unlikely until it hits DVD, but I can bet that the music suits the nature of the movie pretty well.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    When you say ''49 seconds'' you are referring to the end of Jumper Vs. Jumper if I'm correct? If so, my thoughts exactly! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008 edited
    That was an exciting bit wasn't it? An early version of that passage can be heard in "Roland at the Lair", another one of those "boiling" tracks that ultimately fail to provide the desired climactic ending.

I have to say that the use of electronics in the score was superb and the combination of samples were on par, if not better, than his previous efforts.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah, they just weren't put to that great a use. I'm glad the heavy focus on electronics was back, but as you said, nothing really lead up to any sort of climax.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008 edited
    Jumper is very interesting. In the last cue "A Jump Off", at about 1:05, you can hear a little motif played by brass players that are located at different places on the recording stage, which clearly represents the "space teleporting" ability of the jumpers. Chris Tilton also utilized this technique in his Jumper video game score.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Has the game score come out yet? Has anyone heard anything more?
  1. Yeah, the scoring sessions website has some samples up and they sound decent. A guy in one thread (I think at FSM) said it was far better than the crap Powell came up with.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2008 edited
    Yeah it is. Chris was trying to organise some kind of release and I was wondering if anyone had heard anything more. dizzy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2008
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2008
    Has anyone else here seen Jumper? The music is mixed so quietly it does nothing. It doesn't enhance the film in any way...it's just...there. dizzy sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Why see Jumper? confused
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Becase it was 9.15pm and me and a few mates couldn't think of what to do. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    There´s music that you noticed missing in the cd? An end credits suite or something?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Right, the differences (wow, I'm surprised people are bothered with this one):

- The Asian-sounding guitar "theme" is actually just played on an acccoustic guitar in the first half of the film.
    - "Splash" goes completly unused.
    - There's a few bits of unreleased material, but it's just re-orchestrated stuff that we already have. (See: "Bridges, Rules, Banking'', ''Echo Of Mom", "It's Sayonara"). "Coliseum Fight" and "My Day So Far" are also used twice in the movie. rolleyes
    - I didn't actually notice "A Jump Off" in it either. That may have been in the end credits but I didn't stay for all of them as it was just some rock songs at the beginning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    "Coliseum Fight" and "My Day So Far" are also used twice in the movie.

rolleyes confused
    That´s what I call a lazy effort, or a boring one. I don´t think Powell was too motivated with this film. Just easy money/work I´m afraid.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Well there's not much in it to inspire anyone. The best music accompanies the best scenes. The rest just isn't that important anyway.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2008
    While nothing is confirmed yet it's looking more and more likely Greengrass and Damon are going to make Bourne 4! biggrin

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=22061
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2008
    And we know what that means.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah... slant

The horrible and bloody destruction of a great franchise. cry

I want more music, but I don't want them to ruin Bourne. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2008 edited
    Now, now... so far they've done brilliant jobs on part 2 and 3. Neither do I really want them to continue, since Ultimatum had such a perfect ending of the franchise, but if it happens, let them do it. They'll know what they're doing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The films bear virtually no resemblance to the books anyway, so that shouldn't be a reason not to do it. Whether the thing can really be sustained any more must be the question asked, surely. (I suspect they might be able to squeeze one more out.)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah. Not quite sure how they'd fit in the whole amnesia thing now ''he's remembered everything''. I'm just worried it might turn into a senseless action movie.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2008 edited
    Stop Loss http://www.varesesarabande.com/details. … %2D886%2D2

Horton http://www.varesesarabande.com/details. … %2D888%2D2

And I thought I had the evening off. Damn it. rolleyes

Interesting fact of the day: Horton is the first Powell score to be performed by the Hollywood Studio Symphony since X-Men 3! wink

13. The Quest (retrieved from the composer’s 8-track archives) (1:36)

What the hell does that mean?! It's a really old piece of his music or something?

Also a shame that 6 minutes of Stop Loss goes to a song. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Interesting fact of the day: Horton is the first Powell score to be performed by the Hollywood Studio Symphony since X-Men 3! wink

Wasn´t "The Bourne Ultimatum" performed by the Hollywood Studio Symphony?