• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Link in my sig...

Oh right.
    Like we've never heard that one before! Click the link! rolleyes I'm so not falling for this!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And you can press ALT + F4 to download the entire score... rolleyes wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Anthony wrote
    I've put some of the first cue from Kung Fu Panda up for your listening enjoyment. Link in my sig...

Where's the audio? Waiting with bated breath....
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Click the banner... cool

Maybe your browser didn't refresh the page, so hit F5. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    crazy shocked spin dizzy sleep punk kiss cool angry rolleyes cheesy crazy sleep crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    And you can press ALT + F4 to download the entire score... rolleyes wink

As Mac user, I'm impervious to your foolish attempts of sabotage.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Oh sorry, Cmd and Q also works. angelic biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You mean Apple-logo-and-funny-looking-cloverleaf and Q. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    You mean Apple-logo-and-funny-looking-cloverleaf and Q. wink

Whatever, I find it annoying that Apple decided to rename all the buttons. rolleyes tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2008
    HANCOCK
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by John Powell

Will Smith

There are heroes...there are superheroes...and then there’s Hancock (Will Smith). With great power comes great responsibility — everyone knows that — everyone, that is, but Hancock. Edgy, conflicted, sarcastic, and misunderstood, Hancock’s well-intentioned heroics might get the job done and save countless lives, but always seem to leave jaw-dropping damage in their wake. The public has finally had enough — as grateful as they are to have their local hero, the good citizens of Los Angeles are wondering what they ever did to deserve this guy. Hancock isn't the kind of man who cares what other people think — until the day that he saves the life of PR executive Ray Embrey (Jason Bateman), and the sardonic superhero begins to realize that he may have a vulnerable side after all. Facing that will be Hancock's greatest challenge yet — and a task that may prove impossible as Ray's wife, Mary (Charlize Theron), insists that he's a lost cause.

John Powell (The Bourne Trilogy) fires up an adrenalin-fueled score for this summer’s hotly anticipated blockbuster.

Columbia Pictures opens Hancock nationwide this July 2.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 908 2
    Release Date: 07/01/08
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'll skip the movie...but sounds like I'm definitely getting the score!
    punk
    Sounds right up Powell's alley!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sweet!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    This is cool -- very cool!
    I'm hoping it comes close to Bourne...
    this sounds like a Powell score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    punk

Away from cartoons Yeeeaaaahhhhhh! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    punk

Haha, my thoughts exactly! biggrin

Let's hope it's better than Jumper! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    punk

Haha, my thoughts exactly! biggrin

Let's hope it's better than Jumper! cool

Oh. I never got to that one. Assuming it wasn't a good release/score?

So Anthony are you hoping this sides on the Bourne side of things?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    No, I want something new. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    No, I want something new. wink

Yeah, me too! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2008
    Here's a track listing for Horton Hears a Who (that my mate at uni figured out for me because he was bored) which tells you the actual amount of cues if anyone's interested:

http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture3id3.png
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I think my expectations for Hancock are pretty darn low. If we get another bog-standard Powell score, I'm going to be dissapointed. I want something NEW already! Everything this year has just been "average" (being the best word to describe it).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Horton has actually turned out to be one of my favourite Powell scores. So tongue to you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    I think my expectations for Hancock are pretty darn low. If we get another bog-standard Powell score, I'm going to be dissapointed. I want something NEW already! Everything this year has just been "average" (being the best word to describe it).

Hey Anthony, what happens to you lately with Powell? You don´t like a single score by him! angry
    "P.S. I Love You", "Horton Hears a Who!", "Stop-Loss" and "Kung Fu Panda" are good (or very good in some cases) scores, talking about his more recent efforts. Let´s forget Jumper. What do you want from him?

When you say you want something new what do you mean? I mean, Powell has shown many faces of his composing style during the past few years (from the Bourne saga to all of his animated film scores, plus his romantic driven scores, his darker side in films like United 93 or Stop Loss or the over the top-in your face orchestral power in X3.). And I wouldn´t call "average" what he has done this year until now (well, maybe Jumper, but this is below average).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2008 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Hey Anthony, what happens to you lately with Powell? You don´t like a single score by him!

I did not say that. I said what we've had recently is Powell on auto-pilot. What he's doing is good, but we've heard it all before.

There hasn't been anything for a while now where I've thought "wow, that was totally unexpected and original!". When a Powell score finally stops sounding like a "Powell" score, then I'll be satisfied. (And no, I don't mean the "Powell sound", that will be in everything, I mean something where it doesn't sound like it would be by him at all.)

All his animation stuff has a sound to it, all his drama stuff has a sound to it, so do his romantic-comedy scores, but I just want something NEW!
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2008
    I like his sound. I don't want it to go away sad
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Am I the one who's not looking forward to Powell's score for Hancock? If it's nothing like X3 and a lot like Jumper and the Bourne films, then count me out.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    For those interested in hearing a possible theme from Hancock, watch this clip

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/a-funny- … cock-clip/
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    shocked LOL, I'm looking at the link and I see "... /a-funny-... cock-clip/" shame shame
  1. Hayden Christensen just stated they are looking for a Jumper sequel now. shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Matt C wrote
    Am I the one who's not looking forward to Powell's score for Hancock? If it's nothing like X3 and a lot like Jumper and the Bourne films, then count me out.

I´d say it´s gonna be a mixture between X3 (not so big though) and Jumper.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you