• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2008
    the return of in film scoring?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2008 edited
    Julian Nott!!

But not his Curse Of The Were Rabbit + Media Ventures way, in his old big-band ''British'' sounding way. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    John Barry, Maurice Jarre, David Shire, Bruce Broughton, Lalo Schifrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

ABSO-FECKING-LUTELY! slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    More classically trained composers.... or composers who actual know how to properly compose for a live orchestra.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Word to Erik.
    Word. WORD. WORD!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Melody?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    More classically trained composers.... or composers who actual know how to properly compose for a live orchestra.

-Erik-

*sigh* I can only nod my head in agreement.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Are you kidding? Synthesizers are the way forward! It allows talentless hacks to record merely adequate music and make a fortune from it. What's wrong with you? tongue biggrin
  1. Cues longer than 30 seconds.
  2. Nick Glennie-Smith ! biggrin punk punk punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Nick Glennie-Smith ! biggrin punk punk punk

(You got the wrong thread!) tongue biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote

No kidding.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote

^
    biggrin you beat me to it wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Agree. Like Giacchino. End

Oh, and GOLDENTHAL.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    Oh, and GOLDENTHAL.

S.W.A.T.

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
  4. Southall wrote

Don't forget John Scott.

Classically trained has nothing to do with it; BT or RZA -- as I recall one of them said they were "classically trained" in an interview. OR maybe that was Trent Reznor.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    justin boggan wrote
    BT or RZA -- as I recall one of them said they were "classically trained"

Yeah, well, they probably meant they threw a disk at some point during their high school days. Or wrestled naked.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    BT or RZA -- as I recall one of them said they were "classically trained"

Yeah, well, they probably meant they threw a disk at some point during their high school days. Or wrestled naked.

ROTFLOL! Gold material right there!

biggrin

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Oh, and GOLDENTHAL.

S.W.A.T.

Well, Goldenthal is returning with Public Enemies, but being that it's a Mann film it'll mostly be underscore with modern songs inserted in between. wink

I would like to see John Williams return to the scoring fold full-time instead of doing Spielberg films nowadays. I would be immensely grateful to Warner Brothers if they "convinced" David Yates to have Williams score the final two HP films instead of Hooper.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Matt C wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Oh, and GOLDENTHAL.

S.W.A.T.

Well, Goldenthal is returning with Public Enemy, but being that it's a Mann film it'll mostly be underscore with modern songs inserted in between. wink

I would like to see John Williams return to the scoring fold full-time instead of doing Spielberg films nowadays. I would be immensely grateful to Warner Brothers if they "convinced" David Yates to have Williams score the final two HP films instead of Hooper.

I think Williams is winding down. Gone are the days where he took chances on stuff like Spacecamp and The Wtiches of Eastwick. I think he is only going to work with people who he has a very close relationship with or scores that he will campaign for... maybe the new Oliver Stone George Bush film. I'm sure he will do the last Harry Potter is asked to and the rest of Spielberg's films but I think that's it. Gone of the four films in one year. I think 2005 nearly killed the man!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The guy has had an amazing career, and it's a blessing that we still get new music from him. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    I'm greatful for every score he's going to write. He's 76 now and some film composers retired at a much younger age.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven and Anti, totally agree.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    The guy has had an amazing career, and it's a blessing that we still get new music from him. cool

Amen to that bro smile beer
  5. You know what the sad part is? When I was listening (or maybe reading) a recent interview with David Shire, he said he wants to score movies, but nobody is calling. :-(
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    justin boggan wrote
    You know what the sad part is? When I was listening (or maybe reading) a recent interview with David Shire, he said he wants to score movies, but nobody is calling. :-(

Mayby he should kill Zimmer with a clicktrack.
    Kazoo
  6. At least it hitting Zimmer would make the first good note Zimmer has ever made.