• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2008
    Jon Burlingame's great writeup of the 2008 ASCAP Film & TV Music Awards are now up. The night was a lotta fun, with Marilyn and Alan Bergman being honored with the ASCAP Founders Award. Notable guests paying tribute included Norman Lear, Larry Gelbart, Quincy Jones, and even Barbra Streisand in a surprise appearance.

When accepting his ASCAP award for HAIRSPRAY, composer Marc Shaiman decided to sing a song with parody lyrics on "You Can't Stop the Beat", much to the delight of the audience.

Burlingame's full article (and Shaiman's lyrics for "They Just Want the Beat") can be found here:
    http://www.filmmusicsociety.org/news_ev … 50708.html
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Good ol' Shaiman. Seriously, that guy is great! smile punk
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    You can see Shaiman perform the song by going here:
    http://www.ascap.com/eventsawards/award … 008/video/

Click on the Marc Shaiman video in the lower-right.
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
  1. Another shot at Hanzi Zimmer biggrin

Shaiman should have a starrong role in a comedy film.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2008 edited
    HAHAHAH listen to what he says about the current state of film music! biggrin biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2008
    justin boggan wrote
    Another shot at Hanzi Zimmer biggrin

If composers are saying the same things some of us are, clearly we've got the right idea. rolleyes
    Take that RC fans! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Another shot at Hanzi Zimmer biggrin

If composers are saying the same things some of us are, clearly we've got the right idea. rolleyes
    Take that RC fans! tongue

BIN-GO!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. And you know what's so great about it besides writting a funny song? He clearly loves the camera and making people laugh. You can see his off-beat comedic timing and how he lead up to things. This man planned and loved it when they loved him. That's a classy guy.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Like hell he wrote that in his lunch break. tongue biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    punk @ Marc
    Nice one! biggrin

I love rants like that, even whgen masquerading as a mild satire. And he's SO into it!
    No, he didn't write this in his lunch hour.
    He may have penned it down then, but there are some considerations there that obviously have been stewing for quite some time!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    He's done 3 songs now, this one, ''Yes!'', and there's another, but I forget the name...can anyone remember? dizzy
  3. Printmaster?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2008
    Ah yes. wink

(How the hell did I forget that?!) spin