• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2008
    I forgot to mention that I won £50 in a pool contest final on Sunday evening punk cool

i also conveniantly forgot to mention that i'd lost 3 weeks running in the very same regular pool contest shame
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I won 5 euros with poker!
    punk

I rule most supremely!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Sylvos wrote
    LOL
    hmm, I'm not sure what to do. I originally planned to upgrade my PC around 2010-11 to get the most from StarCraft II and Diablo III. Now GTA IV is coming to PC and it's ruining the plan up. I can upgrade now but if I do so chances are that those two games (SC2 and D3) would require an even better PC so I'll be screwed. Damn.

Look at this as a benchmark - if you can run Crysis, you can probably run it. If you can run Crysis well, you can run anything! tongue wink
  1. Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    No worries for me. There are games out there which have significantly greater requirements, and there's Flight Simulator X which factually needs a system that hasn't been built yet. rolleyes

To be honest D, Flight Simulators and the like are the only things that really interest me and when I have the spare cash I'll be asking for your wisdom on such things.

I have nothing but disdain for te likes of GTA.

Hey Timmer, have you tried Portal yet? I talked about it in the other gaming topic and you said it interested you... So you tried it out? You really should, it's not so much a game as it's a revolutionary puzzle EXPERIENCE that will keep you gasping at your own inability to think in the most logical manner. And the humor in Portal is so full of charm and wit, it's hard not to ROFL by the time the game ends.

Even if you don't like the likes of Half-Life 2 which is part of the same universe, Portal is a definite must-play if you like to work out the brain cells...

http://orange.half-life2.com/portal.html
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2008 edited
    I do remember Gilles, it's just getting 'round to these things.

I'm not totally against shoot em ups etc, it's just some of the ideas surrounding certain releases I find very distasteful.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Oh Portal's no shoot-em-up I swear!!

And as for GTA its not about the violence, it's actually very tongue in cheek and so overdone it cannot be taken seriously. But if you're 12 years old and play something like that it can be a little damaging because none of the subtleness and little humoristic details comes through I guess. GTA is all about doing things I would never ever want to do in real life. It's about the technological brilliance behind it all. But that's just me, to each his own!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Anthony wrote
    biggrin

You want Now Playing, omaha. This thread is for gaming. wink

Opps... haha
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    No worries for me. There are games out there which have significantly greater requirements, and there's Flight Simulator X which factually needs a system that hasn't been built yet. rolleyes

To be honest D, Flight Simulators and the like are the only things that really interest me and when I have the spare cash I'll be asking for your wisdom on such things.

I will happily give you a tour flight when you decide to visit me here in Greece mate wink beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I will happily give you a tour flight when you decide to visit me here in Greece mate wink beer

That's a deal beer cool