• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2007
    I've just started a new job so time for gaming has disappeared, but before I began, I was playing Call Of Duty 4 and The Orange Box quite a lot. Has anyone else got either of these, and what do they think?

I love the multiplayer on COD4...M4 Carbine for the win! But nooooooo for the ending of HL2 Episode 2! :'(
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I've been playing PHP and such. biggrin

But now I think I'm gonna try that Unreal Tournament 3 demo.
    Some shooting and getting off pressure. kill
    Kazoo
  1. My daughter and me used to play World of Warcraft, but after Eric praised the score for Guild Wars - Eye of the North, I gave Guild Wars - Prophecies a 10-day-trial shot and bought two games a week later. It has an amazing storyline, its visuals are stunning, its score is heart-breaking at times, and you don´t have to deal with the power gamers if you don´t want to.

Just ask me if you want to know more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Halo 3. Halo 3. Halo 3. cool
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. I like playing Strategy games, Civ 4 and C&C tiberium wars, but due to uni getting busier, at the moment I don't have much chance. Used to play FPS's a lot more, but due to an oldish computer and dodgy internet connection this seems to have fallen by the wayside unfortunatly.

I was a big fan of COD the original (and rather good If i don't mind myself saying so), how does COD 4 compare, (if comparable) or otherwise is it any good??
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Has anyone got a beefy enough system to run Crysis? I'd buy it in an instant but I tried the demo and killed my computer. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    I heard that there's actually no computer system yet that is 100% ready to run Crysis. That's what some experts say so there you have your "yet another" new trick to convince you to spend hundreds more of hard earned money into something you won't even remember two years from now. rolleyes

That's why i always stick to my dear SONY for my gaming pleasures. Screw PC game playing forever; you'll have one able system now and 3 months forward........BAMM!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. OR hundreds of games from the last five or so years which run quite well on it. And they are rather cheap now, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah; try playing FLIGHT SIMULATOR X or the latest COLIN MCRAE RALLY or CRYSIS and we'll talk again wink
  4. The minute they bring out a mouse and keyboard controller for a console I might consider it....smile
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007 edited
    You´re right of course, Demetris. I just meant if you´re not fixed upon playing the current creme de la creme of gaming, you´ll find some seriously great and entertaining games from up to five or even ten years ago and have great fun with them on a new system, even if it´s outdated in a couple of months. This is how I play for years now, and it works just fine for me. I had much fun with some sessions of Warcraft 2 the other month, and still play the first Unreal Tournament rather often.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know mate but the vast (as in 98%) of "serious" pc gamers are playing exactly that; the current creme de la creme. And they're the one who are constantly, terribly cheated from the software - hardware companies who - everyone knows - play below the belt and behind the scenes putting unnecessary little thingies in their game programming codes each and everytime only to push the cpu / ram / video card usage to the max and therefore have those hordes of fanatic players constantly throwing money on hardware that will be virtually useless after 6 months or a year max from their purchase date. It just makes me sick. CONSOLES FOR EVER!
  5. I can see where you´re coming from. Of course they are cheated, but only because they chose to be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Of course they are cheated, but only because they chose to be.

Or do they? wink wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    beer Girls, I surrender. My wife went to sleep two hours ago, and I guess it´s time to catch up. See you in... well... about seven or so hours... it was a FUN day.
  6. The children and I had a game of Junior Scrabble at the weekend. Does that count?

BTW, that was on the physical boardgame format!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Me, I play poker.
    With actual cards!
    (I'm such an old-fashioned bloke)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I remember the days when I had the time to play games, or even have a bit of fun. Those were the days!

Peter moon
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nothing that can't be solved by controled substances, Peter!

beer
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. Boardgames? Does playing "The Settlers of Catan" once a month with a core group of players count?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Once played Catan with some very obsessed and fanatical people.
    Wasn't much fun at all, alas.

Don't you still do RPGs as well, Ralph?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    With the right players, Catan is a lot of fun, but those fanatics suck, I agree.

I had two main RPG groups, both of them Warhammer. One of them died two years ago, the other one last year. Since then I´ve been gaming with my wife, my daughter, and her best friend in a full-fledged girls group, so to say. The shame is that I can´t use that fact too much because the kids are just 12. You can imagine what kind of adventures we have. The most brutal thing in our campaign is the score from Rambo which i use as the main theme. The instrumental version of "It´s a long road" is our "End Credits" theme.

But I miss the much harder, more brutal and mind challenging, sort of detective-games-like campaigns I used to do. Maybe in a couple of years, my daughter is ready to do them, but for now, I wouldn´t do that, even if it means I have to wait.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    sleep Well I play nothing! Bah humbug
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    sdtom wrote
    Bah humbug

You sure play mean! sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    The children and I had a game of Junior Scrabble at the weekend. Does that count?

BTW, that was on the physical boardgame format!

Top man punk

I love Scrabble, a friend and I try to get together at least twice a Month to play, the scores are totalled up over a year and the winner has to buy the loser a bottle of there choice, He bought me a bottle of Jamesons whisky in 2004.....the last time I won angry , he beat me last year by just one game so I'm out for revenge.....unfortunately I'm TWO games behind slant

I've got until December 31st to turn things around.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Anyone playing Mass Effect? If not, what the hell are you waiting for!? It's easily the best video game I've played in the last 4-5 years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Pc?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Xbox 360. I have a Mac, so I don't have the luxury of playing many games on my computer. Hopefully that will change one of these days...

http://masseffect.bioware.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Xbox 360 kicks ass from what i hear. But not as much as PS3.....i have a ps2 and want me one of the 3's!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Yeah, I'd love to have a PS3, but the price is still a bit steep for me. I'm sure I'll cave in when FFXIII is released though. Damn Square Enix and their greatness!