• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2007
    [img]http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2086/powerhoursr0.jpg[/img[

Arguably the best show on TV (excluding season 6!)

Is anyone else here a fan? What are your hopes for season 7?

Regarding SPOILERS about future seasons, please do NOT post them. smile
  1. Anthony, I'm a big fan, I've yet to see season 5 (my brother already saw it and said it was kick ass brilliant)

Its at least so much more nerve wrecking than boring Lost, man Bregt if you think Lost is tension and exciting you gotta see this, it will litterally blow you away wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Agree, best show on TV (even season 6; yes, a couple of things I didn´t like: James Cromwell´s Bauer Sr. didn´t convince me, neither did his reasons to do what he does during the season, but hey, it´s 24!).

I have great expectations for season 7 (by the way, is still the release date January 2008? Because I heard somewhere that it had been delayed due to the writers strike).

The trailer of this seventh season looks great, and the bad guy (I don´t mention him in case somebody doesn´t know it yet), wow, looking forward to his face to face with Jack Bauer.

As for the music, I hope Callery keeps improving as he has been doing for the past seasons. "24" has a musical feeling bounded to the series from season one, so I have great expectations in the music too!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Tommy_Boy, you HAVE to see season 5 as soon as possible. (Seriously, I know what's coming in season 7 and season 5 will prepare you for that!) Not only that, your brother couldn't be more right. Season 5 is THE BEST film/TV/form of entertainment I have EVER seen. :p

As for what Marselus said, sadly season 7 has been pushed back until no-one-knows-when due to the writers strike which is a shame. I haven't watched the season 7 trailer (I don't want to spoil myself too much!), but I agree Marselus, there could be some interesting stuff going on with the bad guy! wink

What season did you think had the best music? I loved a lot of the season 5 stuff. Seasons 1 and 2 were also very, very good. Season 3 was fine, but seasons 4 and 6 seem to recycle a lot of music. I know that happens in every season but it seemed like it was happenning a lot more there.

Anyway, bring on a more music from season 5 and a season 6 soundtrack! tongue
  2. so far I know Season 7 has indeed been delayed due to the strike

And yes Sean Callery has really enriched 24, differently than say Giacchino on Lost but he sure can create a tension around the show that just heightens the effect more and more

And please don't say anything about season 5 or 6, I want to be blown away wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Tommy_Boy, you HAVE to see season 5 as soon as possible. (Seriously, I know what's coming in season 7 and season 5 will prepare you for that!) Not only that, your brother couldn't be more right. Season 5 is THE BEST film/TV/form of entertainment I have EVER seen. :p

As for what Marselus said, sadly season 7 has been pushed back until no-one-knows-when due to the writers strike which is a shame. I haven't watched the season 7 trailer (I don't want to spoil myself too much!), but I agree Marselus, there could be some interesting stuff going on with the bad guy! wink

Anthony is right, season 5 is brilliant from minute one to the last one (and I mean it literally....watch and see wink ). Enjoy the season Thomas!

The delay due to the strike is big shite, I can´t believe we won´t have "24" this January.
    And Anthony, watch the trailer, don´t worry, if you know who the bad guy is, there´s few spoilers in there.
  3. I know I know, I can't wait wink

my mother even asked me to see it with her, and she already saw it, now that's saying something considering my mother hates watching something she already saw smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I was fan of the first season. It was one of my best televisions experiences ever. (with Lost).

season 2 had the best and the worst. Season 3 was over the top but pretty damn entertaining. But the Other seasons are becoming more silly and boring.

It is not so silly like Prison Break...But almost.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'd rather skip the trailer to be honest Marselus. I watched the season 6 trailer when it came out and I got so hyped that when it was aired I was really let down. Ok, season 6 was crap anyway, but still. sad

I'm not making that mistake again! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2007
    Yes, I'm a fan. Great series!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2007
    Welcome Thor! As we're in the prolonged off season, there's not a huge deal of "OMG, JACK KILLED *poor person here*" to talk about. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2007
    Right, but since I live in Norway, we're always a season behind the US, so I'm afraid it would be foolish of me to participate too much in these threads because of the spoiler danger.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2007
    Shoot him Kim, Shoot him again now Kim!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2007
    Any new about "24" season 7 release date?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2007
    Great; all we need is a Chuck Norris thread now...!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2008
    Looks more and more likely that season 7 will be pushed back to September 08.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Looks more and more likely that season 7 will be pushed back to September 08.

That would suck!
    Is it official though? Or it´s just a rumor/guess?
  4. ps, I'm down to the last 5 hours of Season 5, this is definitely the best one yet! These guys push the envelop each time and Season 1 to 5 has been going up a notch each time

Superb, truly
    I really hope Season 6 is not as bad as everyone is saying, please don't spoil it so spoilers are not accepted here wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I quit after some episodes of Season 2. tongue
    Kazoo
  5. Bregt wrote
    I quit after some episodes of Season 2. tongue

Okay, if you wanna stay with LOST and its continuous boring stuff you go ahead
    We men will face the awesome coolness that is 24 Suspense punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    I really hope Season 6 is not as bad as everyone is saying, please don't spoil it so spoilers are not accepted here wink

Not as bad as everyone is saying, not AT ALL. You´ll see.

Bregt wrote
    I quit after some episodes of Season 2

Boooooooooooo!!! crazy wink
  6. Marselus wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

Not as bad as everyone is saying, not AT ALL. You´ll see.

Bregt wrote
    I quit after some episodes of Season 2

Boooooooooooo!!! crazy wink

I was gonna buy this anyhoo, it can never become as boring or silly as LOST biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2008 edited
    But in LOST I'm not bothered by 37 phone calls in one episode, and stupid ringtones all the time. And fading windows. And Sutherlands unchanging face. And stairs.
    Kazoo
  7. Bregt wrote
    But in LOST I'm not bothered by 37 phone calls in one episode, and stupid ringtones all the time. And fading windows. And Sutherlands unchanging face. And stairs.

No Lost luckily doesn't have cell phones, but a stupid cloud that can sound like a T-Rex, I'm sorry but that is the biggest mambo jambo I've seen all year!

Ps, 24 phone calls, Lost flashbacks, your pick wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2008 edited
    Ofcourse a cloud that sounds like a T-Rex doesn't make sense, but you've to see all that in the universe of the series, in which seemingly, a lot of weird things can happen anyway.
    Kazoo
  8. Bregt wrote
    Ofcourse a cloud that sounds like a T-Rex doesn't make sense, but you've to see all that in the universe of the series, in which seemingly, a lot of weird things can happen anyway.

still, I was really dissapointed by that, considering you saw polar bears and everything I kinda hoped for some kind of monster (not a T-Rex in General)

Anyhoo Bregt, I will still continue Lost, simply I started it and I rarely end something, but I know where I get my goosebumps from every episode (which is 24), from Lost only an occassional stands out, sadly because the first season was really good
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    The thing is "Lost" will disappoint a lot of people once it ends. They´ve twisted the story so much that I think it´s gonna be hard to tie all the plots and subplots together.
    With "24" you always receive what you´re promised: action, tension, suspense, etc, and resolutions / answers at he end of the season.

But I´ll keep watching both anyway, even the priority is clear: Jack Bauer before Sawyers, Kates and Sayids wink
  9. Marselus wrote
    The thing is "Lost" will disappoint a lot of people once it ends. They´ve twisted the story so much that I think it´s gonna be hard to tie all the plots and subplots together.
    With "24" you always receive what you´re promised: action, tension, suspense, etc, and resolutions / answers at he end of the season.

But I´ll keep watching both anyway, even the priority is clear: Jack Bauer before Sawyers, Kates and Sayids wink

True, I hope not but I think Lost will not bring the ending the people wanna see or people are expecting. With 24 you know when it will end.

Marselus, you've got taste wink Jack Rules
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    True, I hope not but I think Lost will not bring the ending the people wanna see or people are expecting. With 24 you know when it will end.

Well that´s the problem with Lost. So many theories and possible explanations possible that not everybody will be satisfyied with the ending. I used to read a forum full of theories of the Lost universe but I gave up: it was a madness. Everyday popped up a crazier theory about the island, the losties, etc...

With 24 you got the cliffhanger finale full of action, chases and Bauer´s threats.....oh yes, and phone calls, lots of phonecalls with veeeeery long life batteries biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LOST
    ABSOLUTELY
    RULES

PERIOD!

wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.