• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    LOST
    ABSOLUTELY
    RULES

PERIOD!

wink

What's a larp?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2008
    Isn't she that little yellow alien from Lost In Space?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2008 edited
    No, that's Blarp...

I must side with tommy_boy here, 24 eats Lost for breakfast effortlessly
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008
    Ok, great.....

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-24coc … 2785.story

"The seventh season of "24" is expected to resume filming in the coming weeks, but it likely won't return to the air until 2009".
    cry angry crazy cry
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008 edited
    Yeah...bugger. rolleyes angry

And Surnow has gone! cry

I don't see what the big deal is, we're not even a MONTH after the original air date so why have we got to wait another bloody year?! crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    A whole damn year without Bauer, that´s awful cry
    They could have done like they´re doing with "Lost": to broadcast the eight episodes they have, even if they have to wait a couple of months to restart.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I was about to ask about lost, I mean they've got 6 weeks until we run out of episodes so will episode 9 be done by then? And what the hell is up with the seasons getting shorter?! 25 episode, 24 episode, 23 episodes, 16 EPISODES! WHY?! crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008 edited
    I´m curious about if they´re gonna shoot-edit-score the new episodes by the time they ran out of the 8 they have now.
    As for the 16 episodes season, if they decided that it´s enough with these 16 then I agree: why make it last until episode 24 if there´s no need to.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Fine, but it's a bit cheap to have ''more seasons'' by having less episodes. It's also bad for us when we buy the DVDs as they're going to be just as expensive but with 9 episodes less.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008
    Ok, it´s official at last cry
    "24" will go back to shooting its seventh season, though that Emmy-winning drama won't return until Jan. 2009, when it can stick to tradition by airing 24 consecutive episodes.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-foxpo … 3135.story
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Well if it means they're going to make an uber season even better than 5 then I can wait. Apparantly they're going to change a few things in the episodes they've already filmed, hopefully to make it better. wink

I bet Kiefer is pissed as he did his jail sentence over Christmas, New Year and his Birthday to makes sure it all could air at once, and now it doesn't even matter. angry
  1. Anthony wrote
    Well if it means they're going to make an uber season even better than 5 then I can wait. Apparantly they're going to change a few things in the episodes they've already filmed, hopefully to make it better. wink

I bet Kiefer is pissed as he did his jail sentence over Christmas, New Year and his Birthday to makes sure it all could air at once, and now it doesn't even matter. angry

yeah, let it be as good as Season 5, I hate waiting but I hope its worth the wait smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    24?Good?!

tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    24?Good?!

tongue

let me guess, LOST fan tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    24?Good?!

tongue

Boooooo!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    A
    B
    S
    O
    L
    U
    T
    E
    L
    y!

Seriously mate, while i have to admit i've just seen some episodes, random here and there, still they're TOO "USA is the centre of the world and the bad, evil terrrrrrristss want to blow US all up" for my tastes. Plus the music is horrible.
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    A
    B
    S
    O
    L
    U
    T
    E
    L
    y!

Seriously mate, while i have to admit i've just seen some episodes, random here and there, still they're TOO "USA is the centre of the world and the bad, evil terrrrrrristss want to blow US all up" for my tastes. Plus the music is horrible.

I'm not gonna deny the music of LOST is far superior, but I must say that if the music would have been scored by an orchestra, it would have been as good as LOST. Plus there are moments where he adds foreign influences and choral moments and those are truly excellent. But alas only a 24 fan can know that wink

And if may be too overblown for some, at least its not so goddamn serious as LOST. At least 24 delivers us suspense every minute away, LOST can conjure that up every 2 hours pfff cheesy

24 FOREVER
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008 edited
    I cannot stand this kind of plots mate, i simply hate those "team america" americanisms; only difference is that in the first case we were laughing our asses off (same as in SOUTH PARK and AMERICAN DAD) but in the latter (24) we are supposed to be serious and feel captivated by the whole. Not for me mate, at all.

Also about the music, yes, what you said might be true indeed but there's a big IF in that sentence wink And even when scored by an orchestra, it would still sound typical as hell.
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    I cannot stand this kind of plots mate, i simply hate those "team america" americanisms; only difference is that in the first place we were laughing our asses off (same as in SOUTH PARK) but in the latter (24) we are supposed to feel serious and captivated by it. Not for me, at all.

Also about the music, yes, what you said might be true indeed but there's a big IF in that sentence wink And even when scored by an orchestra, it would still sound typical as hell.

Well, I can't stand anymore the constant stupid flashbacks that don't make sense anymore. If and there's that word IF wink they would delete those flashbacks and keep on the island story at hand it would be much better and interesting. And then they would not have LOST biggrin so many fans in return

24 may use the same enemies all the time, but why bother if it delivers that kind of suspense
    Everybody his own opinion, mine is that I was a fan of LOST but lost interest, there you have it
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Seriously mate, while i have to admit i've just seen some episodes, random here and there

BOOOO to that! It´s a crime to watch an episode here and there of 24! Bad Demetris, bad! crazy tongue

Christodoulides wrote
    still they're TOO "USA is the centre of the world and the bad, evil terrrrrrristss want to blow US all up" for my tastes.

Hmmmm....a mini Booo! to that. You´re partially right, but is so cool.

Christodoulides wrote
    Plus the music is horrible

BOOOO!!! The music works wonders in the show.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Well, I can't stand anymore the constant stupid flashbacks that don't make sense anymore. If and there's that word IF wink they would delete those flashbacks and keep on the island story at hand it would be much better and interesting. And then they would not have LOST biggrin so many fans in return

Since season one of Lost I think that the writers are fooling us with those twists every minute, droping clues here and there, leaving more questions than answers, etc. I love Lost, but can´t help but having the feeling that is all a big joke. But it is, like 24, cool in its way, and I have to admit I´m the first one to download every episode on friday morning wink
  5. Marselus wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

Since season one of Lost I think that the writers are fooling us with those twists every minute, droping clues here and there, leaving more questions than answers, etc. I love Lost, but can´t help but having the feeling that is all a big joke. But it is, like 24, cool in its way, and I have to admit I´m the first one to download every episode friday morning wink

that's what I like so much of 24, you know that in 24 episodes the plot will be revealed and you will receive your resolution. LOST indeed goes too far, and I don't hope so but I think the end of LOST will dissapoint many, because they've given us so many twists and subject matters everybody is beginning to think his idea of it.

I will watch LOST until the end but the thrill is sadly long gone for me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't think these things would ever come to your mind if you weren't looking for stuff to hold against LOST. How are we (and thousands others mind you) able to hold up to the plot, make logical suggestions and come up with theories about LOST and support all that with benefiting debates like we do in the LOST thread of our forum? It's all a matter of good will (or the absence of it) if you ask me wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    that's what I like so much of 24, you know that in 24 episodes the plot will be revealed and you will receive your resolution. LOST indeed goes too far, and I don't hope so but I think the end of LOST will dissapoint many, because they've given us so many twists and subject matters everybody is beginning to think his idea of it.

I will watch LOST until the end but the thrill is sadly long gone for me

Totally agree. "24" gives you what you want / expexct, no more (well sometimes much more biggrin ), no less. And tecnically is almost perfect. And with "Lost", yes, I think too that he ending will disappoint many many fans (I wish to be wrong).
    But in muy case, I still got thrilled with the new episodes, the truth be told.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    A few points:

1. Why can't you be like me Demetris and like both of them equally? tongue

2. You can't compare the music. It's vastly different in both shows. Giacchino's work for Lost is undoubtably brilliant, but Callery's music (while no way near as clever) really helps the episode move along. His lack-of orchestra makes his synth work even more impressive.

3. 24 is better at lots and lots of ''holy shit!'' moment, where Lost is better at the ''Wuuuuuh?! What the hell is going on here?!''. Again, both different, both liked by me. Lost rewards on-going viewing. 24 can be viewed as more episode centered thing (one big plot, one small story for each ep). Lost is like one massive mystery.

4. 24 luckily has soundtracks. Lost is gay as as we don't have season 3 score. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    24 knows how to laugh at itself. I like that. It's easy, fun entertainment. Every season is essentially the same (I guess, every episode is essentially the same!) but I don't care, I like it. I still always get surprised whenever I hear Bruce Broughton's theme from Shadow Conspiracy three or four times in every episode though!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Seriously mate, while i have to admit i've just seen some episodes, random here and there

BOOOO to that! It´s a crime to watch an episode here and there of 24! Bad Demetris, bad! crazy tongue

Well you're right mate but i just can't stand watching any more of that; at all.

Christodoulides wrote
    Plus the music is horrible

BOOOO!!! The music works wonders in the show.

No, mate, i have to disagree. It might work in the show but it's electronic junk that it's the LEAST of what a show like 24 could have had. I don't blame the composer if he has to work with (obviously) almost zero budget but if you compare it with tv scoring with BALLS (numerous examples out there and yes, LOST), it's ridiculous. Any tv show could have worked with the minimum standard cheap tv music that is 24's soundtrack mate, so does 24 itself, that's not the point; the point is that when you can go on and realize the overstepping, innovate, create. That's what Giacchino does, for one wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    I don't think these things would ever come to your mind if you weren't looking for stuff to hold against LOST. How are we (and thousands others mind you) able to hold up to the plot, make logical suggestions and come up with theories about LOST

You´re right here, but this is directly attached to the show. Lost is "designed" to create debate, theories, etc.
    With "24" we dont´t theorise if Jack is gonna make it ´til the end of the season (we KNOW he will), or if the bad guy is gonna achieve his evil plans. But that´s what can make Lost more disappointing in the end, after years of theories and debate.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Callery uses GarageBand. Leave him alone. angry

Giacchino gets an orchestra every week.

Besides, 24 wouldn't work with an orchestra, as the 24 The Game score proved.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I don't think these things would ever come to your mind if you weren't looking for stuff to hold against LOST. How are we (and thousands others mind you) able to hold up to the plot, make logical suggestions and come up with theories about LOST

You´re right here, but this is directly attached to the show. Lost is "designed" to create debate, theories, etc.
    With "24" we dont´t theorise if Jack is gonna make it ´til the end of the season (we KNOW he will), or if the bad guy is gonna achieve his evil plans. But that´s what can make Lost more disappointing in the end, after years of theories and debate.

Yes! Lost is debatable, that makes it fun. 24 is more of a question of where we will go before Jack stops the nuke or whatever.

Demetris - watch 6.01, 6.08 and 6.17. You'll have fun. wink