• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010
    You really hate Dana biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I hate her with a passion. Even mole-Dana is crap with her stupid "evil" looking glares and whispering conversations. JUST DIE!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    lol

Be patient, be patient.
  1. I'm afraid to visit this topic for spoilers, as I've yet to start S8, but having finished S7 I must say I was thoroughly entertained the entire time, but the final couple of episodes it started to slide a little, it didn't hurt to suspend disbelief, like how Jack was in better shape all of a sudden, and the whole Kim Bauer thing, as lovely it was to see her again.

But the final episode was great, wrapped it up very nicely. Some very emotional playing by all the actors involved, especially Kiefer, Annie Wersching (love), Cherry Jones and Carlos Bernard.

Hoping S8 will go out with a bang and really end it on a positive note.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2010
    Pretty much mutual feelings here. I thoroughly enjoyed 3/4 of season 7 but the last six episodes SUCKED.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2010 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    I'm afraid to visit this topic for spoilers, as I've yet to start S8, but having finished S7 I must say I was thoroughly entertained the entire time, but the final couple of episodes it started to slide a little, it didn't hurt to suspend disbelief, like how Jack was in better shape all of a sudden, and the whole Kim Bauer thing, as lovely it was to see her again.

But the final episode was great, wrapped it up very nicely. Some very emotional playing by all the actors involved, especially Kiefer, Annie Wersching (love), Cherry Jones and Carlos Bernard.

Hoping S8 will go out with a bang and really end it on a positive note.

The strange thing is that I have problems remembering previous seasons once I'm settled in whatever is the current one. Seriously. I can't remember the plotline of the previous season, much less the other 6 (except bits and pieces, mostly setpieces). So even though I've seen all episodes, I can't remember what "Jack in better shape" or "Kim Bauer thing" means....

Heck, I'm even starting to forget stuff from the last season. shocked

Either I'm getting senile or the show is constructed in a such a way to keep the overall narrative very difficult to remember over the course of all seasons.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2010
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....8.15...that's the 24 I want to see. The Dana-Jenny-Jihad and Arlo in the server room of death scene was GOLD!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2010 edited
    Thor wrote
    Either I'm getting senile or the show is constructed in a such a way to keep the overall narrative very difficult to remember over the course of all seasons.

I know what you mean, we decided to watch S7 after seeing S3 after all these years, and the jump in timeline and how the characters have evolved is staggering to say the least. It took us a while to get used to it.

Up next is S4 again, some more confusion expected.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2010
    Have you seen season 5?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....8.15...that's the 24 I want to see. The Dana-Jenny-Jihad and Arlo in the server room of death scene was GOLD!

Indeed, great scene.

Now, episode 8.16 is one of my favourites this season.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Anthony wrote
    Have you seen season 5?

Of course, major 24 fan here, and so is Thomas. punk

And now please stop asking me questions, before I accidently see something I don't want to know. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What is your star sign?

Do you prefer sun or rain?

Do you like strolls on the beach?
  2. None of your business.

Whatever nature prescribes.

Less than wasting my time on message boards.

DAMN !!! crazy dizzy slant
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    By the way they reveal in season eight everybody is actually dead and in purgatory.
  3. Get Lost Anthony!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2010
    Wow, 5.16. Mediocre episode, but what an ending. Didn't see that coming at all.

[spoiler]Loved how Dana-Jenny-Jihad's capture pretty much mirrored the scene in season one where Jack gets Nina.[/spoiler]
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2010 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Wow, 8.16. Mediocre episode,

Really? I think is one of the best of the season!

Anthony wrote
    but what an ending.

Indeed. Among series' finest.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    8.17, hated the first half of this episode. [spoiler]Chloe in charge of CTU? The Russians come back? Ugh. But it got better on the return of Logan (that man is a geezer) and the brutal shooting of girl Jack. RIP. cry

*awaits pissed off Jack and hopefully a torture scene involving the shooter*

Also, couldn't help but notice Logan's assistant is Laurence Dominic from Dollhouse!

And I never thought I'd say this, but we are going to see Dana again right? Or has she been Behroozed?
    [/spoiler]
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Do you ever love anything off this show? Seriously. Why do you watch it?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    You didn't read anything in the spoiler tags did you... confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

I've certainly never known anyone to be so analytical about individual episodes, that's for sure. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It impresses me how this show annoys you episode by episode (just re-read everything you write in here) and still keep returning to it and wasting your time, perhaps? I know i've said the show is crap numerous times but that's just my opinion and i don't watch it anyway; this doesn't have to do with me, or remotely proving what i accuse the show for (although it is a fact anyway :p); it just genuinely makes me wonder.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    To be honest, it's more fun to discuss it when there are things to complain about. When it's all fine and dandy it just washes over me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Heheh so you're into s&m then.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I love how D's mind works... biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Gregory. Itzin. Is. An. Acting. God.

"Who is THAT agent? I want him reassigned!" biggrin

And yes! Sweet, sweet punching Dana in the face justice! punk

But where's Jack going in the chopper? I thought it was going to kidnap Dana-Jenny-mole an interrogate her somewhere?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Gregory. Itzin. Is. An. Acting. God.

Indeed. Special mention to episodes 20 and 22
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010
    champagne kill punk fireworks YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! SHE'S FINALLY DEAD!!!!!!! TWENTY HOURS BUT SHE'S FINALLY DEADDD!!!!!! fireworks punk kill champagne
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    punk

Two shots, as you wished biggrin

Did you notice Gregory Itzin's face when president Taylor hangs up the phone (22:35 mark)? This guy is capable to speak without talking.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Itzin is a legend. If he were in every episode the first half of this season probably wouldn't have sucked.

The final ten minutes of this one in the bank were brilliant.

"DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? DROP YOUR WEAPON AND KICK IT TOWARDS ME!!

Sorry."

*BAM* Shoots the poor guy in the foot.

And the evil mustache dude earlier - "You won't take the shot, it's too risk- *BAM IN THE FACE*".

Pwned.