• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2008
    No, that was season 6. 5 was the uber season with the nerve gas and the President being the chief baddie. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohn
    I have to disagree about the orchestra, although I of course love orchestral music, that's why i'm here! but I wasn't a great fan of the music done for the game, especially the main title which was an orchestrated version of the main theme. I don't think it would really work in the show. Callery's synth work is excellent!

I have to agree about episode 17 in season 6. Without a doubt the weakest season, but in my opinion this is the best episode of 24 EVER. Strange really. Worst season, but holds the best episode. Starts with a twist, then another twist, then Fayed's death with awesome music, which I really, really hope is on the next soundtrack.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I really like the symphonic version of the 24 theme, but I agree it wouldn't work in the show. Also 6.17 is amazing! I wouldn't say it's the best episode ever (1.07?, 5.01?, 5.19?, 5.24?) but it's by far the best of the season. It makes little sense why it went from a crap season to one amazing episode and then right down the toilet for the rest of it. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Juliette who? confused

Juliette Binoche.
  1. John wrote
    I have to disagree about the orchestra, although I of course love orchestral music, that's why i'm here! but I wasn't a great fan of the music done for the game, especially the main title which was an orchestrated version of the main theme. I don't think it would really work in the show. Callery's synth work is excellent!

I have to agree about episode 17 in season 6. Without a doubt the weakest season, but in my opinion this is the best episode of 24 EVER. Strange really. Worst season, but holds the best episode. Starts with a twist, then another twist, then Fayed's death with awesome music, which I really, really hope is on the next soundtrack.

its indeed strange, the season 6 holds the silliest plots, but has some of the best episodes, I must the final 7 to 8 episodes are again classic 24 quality. I was once again sitting on the edge of my seat with those

Appropriate ending by the way too
    Sadly the middle is such a mess

ah well the music may or may not work with an orchestra, but the power the music brings forward in the series is however not to be taken lightly
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2008 edited
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    the final 7 to 8 episodes are again classic 24 quality. I was once again sitting on the edge of my seat with those

This is another reason I hate season 6. It's got the broadest mix of opinions. While you say that, I firmly believe the last 7 or 8 episodes of season 6 were the worst episodes in 24 history. I hope they never return to that level again. shocked

See, why can't we all agree the same? The fact that season 5 was uber is agreed nearly all around. Season 6 is a total mess. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Season 6 is a total mess. dizzy

I loved all the bunker subplot, with president Palmer taking serious decisions while badly injured, and all the tension this situation generated. The moment he decides to launch the nuclear attack (we later know he is actually bluffing) was a highlight for me.

But I partially agree with you Anthony: I never liked Jack´s father reasons to do all he does, it was just senseless.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008
    Episodes 1-8 were fine. Still below average, but fine. From 9-16 they got worse and worse. 17 rocked (not the best, I think more of a pleasnt surprise) and 18-24 = vomit

Just my opinion though. tongue
  2. Anthony wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    the final 7 to 8 episodes are again classic 24 quality. I was once again sitting on the edge of my seat with those

This is another reason I hate season 6. It's got the broadest mix of opinions. While you say that, I firmly believe the last 7 or 8 episodes of season 6 were the worst episodes in 24 history. I hope they never return to that level again. shocked

See, why can't we all agree the same? The fact that season 5 was uber is agreed nearly all around. Season 6 is a total mess. dizzy

Hehe, Season 5 indeed is still the best, but considering it went serious down hill with Jack's family, I really liked they went to the idea that fueled season 5 in the end. So for me it was a nice conclusion

Anyhoo, 6 in general is good but not great, the final episodes are very good wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2008
    At last good news, it seems that we won´t be without Jack Bauer in 2008 (Producers are working on a two-hour bridge between the sixth and seventh seasons):

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-24dev … 3971.story
    punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2008
    Cool! Let's hope they make it! (But what would it be? 2 hours in real time?) dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I assume it will be real time. I don´t think they are going to break the rules after 6 years, aren´t they?
    Anyway, at least two hours to calm us down a little (if they finally make it).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah but it's a prequel. I just wonder how there are going to be two relevant hours in between seasons 6 and 7. If anything, I expect a lot of talking, as I'm not too sure how they could have anything action-related in just two hours (having a good beginning, middle and end).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I think it will be a sort of transition between LA and Washington, so season 7 can already start in the new location without the introduction they will provide in the prequel.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    That's a good idea!

Jack Bauer goes sightseeing! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2008 edited
    Hehe....yeah, a bit of sightseeing, but I want Bauer kicking asses (and/or faces) from episode one ´til the end!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2008
    I'm having a lecture on TV music in a couple of weeks, and I'm going to play some music tracks from LOST, X-FILES and 24 to the students (and then "quiz" them on where they're from). I already have the clips from LOST and X-FILES ready. However, I'm having trouble with 24. I have a file of the main title from season 4 (or 5?), and I was thinking of clipping out the section from 4:15 to 4:47. The point is not really to let them hear the theme (although that is obvious in this section nonetheless), but to get the feeling for the kind of "sound" that is typical for this series, among other things.

So I used this program that Demetris alerted us to awhile back, called Cool Record Edit Pro, to clip out that section. However, it could not recgnize the format even though it's a regular mp3 ("Formatfile Error!").

Long story short: Does anyone have this soundtrack and if so, can you do the clip-out for me? (alternatively send me a well-functioning mp3 of the track and let me do it myself?) That would be much appreciated!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2008 edited
    Yeah I'll do it when I get home. wink

P.S., If it's the orchestral version of the theme, it's actually from 24 The Game, but on the season 4 and 5 soundtrack. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Great, thanks!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Checketh your PMeth. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008 edited
    Good news, at last. It´s months away, but good news:

"Two-Hour '24' Prequel Set For November: South Africa-set telefilm will bridge the long gap between '24' seasons".
    "FOX has scheduled a two-hour "24" telefilm to serve as a prequel to the Emmy-winning drama's long-delayed seventh season."

Full article: http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-24pre … 7871.story
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008
    Ah, so I see they're going to put the South Afria setting back in!

Weird...but ok. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Ah, so I see they're going to put the South Afria setting back in!

Weird...but ok. smile

Anything related to "24" is welcomed. And a two hour prequel is more than good. Patience though, we are talking november crazy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah but we were talking January for the new season. Speaking of which, Lost finishes in 3 weeks...I need a new show! I'm considering Alias...
  3. Anyway, I'm ready for the new 7th season, may it kick ass like the 5th did punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Anyway, I'm ready for the new 7th season, may it kick ass like the 5th did punk

Ditto!!
  4. yay, Jon Cassar (the man who made most episodes including the legendary 5th season) will direct 24 The movie. Reports say the script is finished but will only start after the end of the 7th Season

Let this be the 24 Climax (nice happy ending or sad ending)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2008
    But we're in for 8 seasons... rolleyes
  5. Anthony wrote

oh really? hmn
    as long as it's 24 and Jack, me don't care tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2008
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Anthony wrote

oh really? hmn
    as long as it's 24 and Jack, me don't care tongue

Same here smile
    But I really hope season 7 is gonna be huge. They have plenty of time to do it right, so don´t disappoint us!